Let's Be Reality: Shenmue 3 Looks Like Trash

Superstar
Daps
Agree 100%
I've been warning people on here for a minute.
Nothing I've seen so far comes anywhere near the polish and greatness that is the Yakuza series.
I'm pretty sure if we pulled up receipts most people on here didn't bother copping the remasters and if they did, they haven't beaten either game.

:hhh:
I can’t get a warehouse job or open whatever random drawer and kitchen cabinet I feel like in Yakuza...

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It looks like an updated Shenmue 2.

Which for a majority of people, that's a bad thing. Shenmue is a VERY outdated game and it aged badly.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It looks like an updated Shenmue 2.

Which for a majority of people, that's a bad thing. Shenmue is a VERY outdated game and it aged badly.
No, it did not.

Outside of the controls. The gameplay in shenmue has held up well and there’s plenty of modern games that follow the gameplay innovated by shenmue.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
First of all .....
ITS A KICKSTARTER game
I never understood why people got hyped over any kinda Kickstarter game

Y’all know what kinda budget you need to make a decent game :mjlol:

I don’t even know how video games are made but even I know any kinda Kickstarter game is going to be trash and play cheap

Isn’t friday the 13th Kickstarter ? That shyt is okay ... but definitely feels cheap
Because this particular game is backed by Sony, not just Kickstarter.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Months ago.

When did you?:mjpls:
I didn't. I've trashed this game since the day the remaster came out.
The game feels ancient, the controls, the audio, and the overall gameplay are complete trash.
This game (series) was impressive when I was freakin 13 years old (or however old I was) today this game is straight :scust:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't. I've trashed this game since the day the remaster came out.
The game feels ancient, the controls, the audio, and the overall gameplay are complete trash.
This game (series) was impressive when I was freakin 13 years old (or however old I was) today this game is straight :scust:
Controls and audio will always be outdated 20 years later:stopitslime:

And I don’t know how the fukk you claim to like Yakuza which controls like shyt in a modern sense and doesn’t even fukking have English audio:mjlol:

It’s the concepts in the game, the immersion, the storytelling from a gameplay perspective, opening random drawers:heh:

There’s a lot to shenmue that plenty of games strive to match and still fall short now 20 years later.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Controls and audio will always be outdated 20 years later:stopitslime:

And I don’t know how the fukk you claim to like Yakuza which controls like shyt in a modern sense and doesn’t even fukking have English audio:mjlol:

It’s the concepts in the game, the immersion, the storytelling from a gameplay perspective, opening random drawers:heh:

There’s a lot to shenmue that plenty of games strive to match and still fall short 20 years later.
That's great you enjoy it. I don't.
I'm not sure why you're pretending my expectation is completely off base.
There are PLENTY of games that have audio that hold up incredibly well 10+ years later. Lets not pretend you don't already know this.
No way in hell do the Yakuza games control poorly. That game is smooth as hell. You don't know what you're talking about there either.
As far as the concepts in Shenmue, I already said, at the time, when I was a kid, those concepts were great but again, to say those things don't exist today you would have to be ignoring a ton of games that have come out since then.
You're impressed with opening a ton of drawers with nothing in them and moving picture frames to check behind them? Cool. I'm not.
Timed events exist in a bunch of games as well.
The things shemue supposedly impresses you with exists elsewhere in a much smoother presentation with less time wasted on incredibly mundane tasks.
Funny enough though, as a person that actively trashes what you call "movie games" you're way too passionate about defending this game which is a step and a half about "The Sims" in terms of gameplay. (exaggerating with this last sentence of course...but still)

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Agree 100%
I've been warning people on here for a minute.
Nothing I've seen so far comes anywhere near the polish and greatness that is the Yakuza series.
I'm pretty sure if we pulled up receipts most people on here didn't bother copping the remasters and if they did, they haven't beaten either game.
cop that Judgment

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's great you enjoy it. I don't.
I'm not sure why you're pretending my expectation is completely off base.
There are PLENTY of games that have audio that hold up incredibly well 10+ years later. Lets not pretend you don't already know this.
Shenmue game out in 1999 when most games weren’t even doing voice acting.

You name a game from 1999 with voice acting that hold up “incredibly well”

No way in hell do the Yakuza games control poorly. That game is smooth as hell. You don't know what you're talking about there either.
Combat is trash and nowhere near as good as pretty much any modern beat em up I can think of :camby:

As far as the concepts in Shenmue, I already said, at the time, when I was a kid, those concepts were great but again, to say those things don't exist today you would have to be ignoring a ton of games that have come out since then.
You're impressed with opening a ton of drawers with nothing in them and moving picture frames to check behind them? Cool. I'm not.
Timed events exist in a bunch of games as well.
The things shemue supposedly impresses you with exists elsewhere in a much smoother presentation with less time wasted on incredibly mundane tasks.
Funny enough though, as a person that actively trashes what you call "movie games" you're way too passionate about defending this game which is a step and a half about "The Sims" in terms of gameplay. (exaggerating with this last sentence of course...but still)
I don’t care that you don’t like it. Just don’t make up dumb shyt to express your dislike.

Shenmue influenced most modern narrative driven games, and still does it better than most. How the hell you say the gameplay doesn’t hold up when games now literally 20 years later are using gameplay ideas and systems that this game pioneered. Hell, theres an entire genre of games based off opening drawers and reading notebooks.

The thing that’s different about shenmue and modern “movie games” is that you as the player dictate the story. It’s uniquely a video game experience you can’t have in any other medium. “Movie games” are literally trying to be movies where the story is dictated to you.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Shenmue game out in 1999 when most games weren’t even doing voice acting.

You name a game from 1999 with voice acting that hold up “incredibly well”

Combat is trash and nowhere near as good as pretty much any modern beat em up I can think of :camby:

I don’t care that you don’t like it. Just don’t make up dumb shyt to express your dislike.

Shenmue influenced most modern narrative driven games, and still does it better than most. How the hell you say the gameplay doesn’t hold up when games now literally 20 years later are using gameplay ideas and systems that this game pioneered. Hell, theres an entire genre of games based off opening drawers and reading notebooks.

The thing that’s different about shenmue and modern “movie games” is that you as the player dictate the story. It’s uniquely a video game experience you can’t have in any other medium. “Movie games” are literally trying to be movies where the story is dictated to you.
Are you splitting hairs over semantics?
I'm saying that the game by TODAY'S standards is trash, therefore I did not finish the remasters.
I'm saying that based on what we're seeing so far for Shenmue 3, the game is showing no evolution what so ever aside from marginally better graphics.
Whether or not Shenmue did ANYTHING first, or if ANY game is copying ANY portion of Shenmue in format, spirit, or whatever is complete beside the point.
I've only mentioned Yakuza as an example of a game that took those ideas in Shenmue, streamlined them, and made a much more polished and succinct experience.
You keep talking to me about opening empty drawers ("immersion, which is laughable at best), and the age of the game.
I loved Shenmue when it came out. Today, the game is trash. There's nothing wrong with that statement.
If you like it still, (which I find hard to believe but it's whatever) then cool. I'm just supporting my opinion

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Are you splitting hairs over semantics?
I'm saying that the game by TODAY'S standards is trash, therefore I did not finish the remasters.
I'm saying that based on what we're seeing so far for Shenmue 3, the game is showing no evolution what so ever aside from marginally better graphics.
Whether or not Shenmue did ANYTHING first, or if ANY game is copying ANY portion of Shenmue in format, spirit, or whatever is complete beside the point.
I've only mentioned Yakuza as an example of a game that took those ideas in Shenmue, streamlined them, and made a much more polished and succinct experience.
You keep talking to me about opening empty drawers ("immersion, which is laughable at best), and the age of the game.
I loved Shenmue when it came out. Today, the game is trash. There's nothing wrong with that statement.
If you like it still, (which I find hard to believe but it's whatever) then cool. I'm just supporting my opinion
I’m not splitting anything.

I’m saying any game that’s came out in 1999 will have outdated audio and controls by today’s standards, and I’ve seen you talk about and enjoy plenty of games with “outdated audio and controls”

Your continued attempt to compare Yakuza and shenmue show that you clearly don’t understand the appeal of shenmue. The two games aren’t very similar at all.

You like movie games and you think holding up and pressing X is “modern gameplay”:mjlol:

You will never understand shenmue and that’s fine :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
They just dropped some font over a non-descript background and finessed kickstarter money for what feels like 4 years :russ: