Let's Be Reality: Shenmue 3 Looks Like Trash

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Agree 100%
I've been warning people on here for a minute.
Nothing I've seen so far comes anywhere near the polish and greatness that is the Yakuza series.
I'm pretty sure if we pulled up receipts most people on here didn't bother copping the remasters and if they did, they haven't beaten either game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The lighting looks very flat and the facial animations look terrible but other than that, it looks passable to me. Honestly I find that it's hard for a game to look outright bad to me nowadays as long as the image quality is solid and the art direction is at least okay. I'm still looking forward 3 because after playing 1 and 2, I find that it's still one of the few games that can actually immerse me into the world, plus the combat gave me VF5 vibes( I miss virtua fighter:( ) so I think fighting will actually be fun.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The lighting looks very flat and the facial animations look terrible but other than that, it looks passable to me. Honestly I find that it's hard for a game to look outright bad to me nowadays as long as the image quality is solid and the art direction is at least okay. I'm still looking forward 3 because after playing 1 and 2, I find that it's still one of the few games that can actually immerse me into the world, plus the combat gave me VF5 vibes( I miss virtua fighter:( ) so I think fighting will actually be fun.
PerfumedGrayAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle.webp

AmbitiousDeterminedAnura.webp

this shyt looks worse than regular PSN guys and its been cooked up for years. there's no fluidity to these old ass animations unless you're buying into "the jank is part of the charm" talk

shenmue was never good, it was just a hot new perspective while gaming as a whole took a lot of big leaps. nostalgia did a number on people who kept clamoring for this type of game to come back not realizing that action games and RPGs have incorporated the few good things about shenmue and made them into what's basically an industry standard these days. someone finally decided to fleece OR try to recreate a magic moment that's long gone with this kickstarter...

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Agree 100%
Nothing I've seen so far comes anywhere near the polish and greatness that is the Yakuza series.
I'm pretty sure if we pulled up receipts most people on here didn't bother copping the remasters and if they did, they haven't beaten either game.
nikka has it ever been more polished than the yakuza series ? idk what yall was expecting ? some re2 remake shyt ? Lan Di gotta catch these hands thats all i know :ufdup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
nikka has it ever been more polished than the yakuza series ? idk what yall was expecting ? some re2 remake shyt ? Lan Di gotta catch these hands thats all i know :ufdup:
:dwillhuh:It came out before the Yakuza series and has had way more time in development. I’m wrong for expecting progress from a what? A 15 year old game?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Agree 100%
:mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Y’all stuck on graphics. I’m honestly not convinced the game will be good yet, but it has nothing to do with graphics.

It’s fine that it looks like a game. Every game doesn’t need to blow the budget on eyebrow hairs :stopitslime:
Graphics is one part of it, the game overall looks like it’s stuck in the 90s. And don’t talk to me about graphics good or bad you broke non-XB1X having b*stard.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Graphics is one part of it, the game overall looks like it’s stuck in the 90s. And don’t talk to me about graphics good or bad you broke non-XB1X having b*stard.
Again nothing wrong with that. It’s a sequel. It should look like it’s predecessors

Nobody says “Mario looks like a game from the 90s” or “uncharted looks a game for the 2000s”

That’s just empty criticism that’s only aimed at some games y’all planning to hate from the jump.

Not broke, i’m Gaming better than this 90% of you peasants, and my father just left after coming to get some of this good pork shoulder i just got done smoking for 12 hours:ohlawd:

Watch your mouth :ufdup:

Daps
Still gonna cop cause I love Shenmue but they should've used the Yakuza engine.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
First of all .....
ITS A KICKSTARTER game
I never understood why people got hyped over any kinda Kickstarter game

Y’all know what kinda budget you need to make a decent game :mjlol:

I don’t even know how video games are made but even I know any kinda Kickstarter game is going to be trash and play cheap

Isn’t friday the 13th Kickstarter ? That shyt is okay ... but definitely feels cheap