Let's Be Real, Kanye Is The Most Important Artist Since Mike

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:childplease:

If people wanna say Kanye is the greatest artist of the decade fair enough.

But to put him in the same class as MJ or Prince is going too far, and I compared MBDTF to Purple Rain when it dropped.

I mean you can argue that Kanye is not even as important as Pharell.

And can we please not make him out to be some sort of Black Revolutionary, #thingsnewnikkassay

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
you have the nerve to call someone a idiot then say yeezus > collegedropout? :heh:

first off, how much of yeezus did ye actually produce... second :camby:

“I was just asked to send some music [to Kanye], and I did,” Ghersi remembers. “I made sure to send maybe the strangest stuff I had, and it just so happened that Kanye was excited by that.” Although the adventure of working onYeezus is in some ways hard for Ghersi to generalize about—“There was really no constant other than the fact that at the end of the day, [all the music we made] went through him,” he says—flying between intercontinental recording sessions and working on a team that included dozens of others was certainly a far cry from making tracks at home. “It’s not something I ever planned or was ever trying to make happen, but it was just, like, a complete change in my life—putting myself in a high-pressured situation just to see what would happen,” he says. Looking back on the experience, Ghersi says it was Kanye’s authorial vision that sticks out to him the most. “It was a lot of coming up with design, like solving riddles,” he says. “If the song called for something aggressive, it was up to three or four people to design what in their head was the best solution for that aggression in that moment. Everyone would approach it in completely different ways, and ultimately, it would all be edited by Kanye himself. In a weird way, he kind of produced it. Not only did he select it, but he stylized it.”

You can :camby:

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:childplease:

If people wanna say Kanye is the greatest artist of the decade fair enough.

But to put him in the same class as MJ or Prince is going too far, and I compared MBDTF to Purple Rain when it dropped.

I mean you can argue that Kanye is not even as important as Pharell.

And can we please not make him out to be some sort of Black Revolutionary, #thingsnewnikkassay

This ^ I love Ye's music (except Yeezus) but yall are taking this shyt too far with these Ye threads

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

that article was written by this guy :mjpls:
c2155a49ac5637831afb90569c87dfec

About Calvin Pollak
I studied Professional Writing and Philosophy as an undergraduate at Carnegie Mellon University from 2007-2011. As a writer and researcher, I'm interested in rhetoric, politics, and popular media.
View all posts by Calvin Pollak →

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Still waiting on an answer as to how old you cats are claiming this shyt. Dudes dodged that question like "The Matrix".

Fred.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only people who think he's revolutionary are the types that think modern Black music is just Hip-Hop and R&B