Lets be real, does the current social Climate make you look at your parents as being weak?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My parents are racist towards all non-Igbos. They especially dislike cacs. :francis:

Interesting lol Lotta Nigerians I come in contact with be on that :mjpls: time like East Africans, where they dont like another blacks that aren't of their ethnic group but shoe shine for white folks.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Interesting lol Lotta Nigerians I come in contact with be on that :mjpls: time like East Africans, where they dont like another blacks that aren't of their ethnic group but shoe shine for white folks.

Yeah, it's weird. My parents constantly talk about white supremacy in the workplace. When I was younger, they constantly told me that I'd have to be better than all the other kids because of how I'd perceived as a black person. My mother has described Ethopians as 'cunning' and 'trickish' (she has an Ethiopian friend) and Somalians as 'walkabouts' (there's a lot of Somali refugees in my town so they're disproportionately poor).

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
My pops always was on the owning a business tip, but things kept happening to distract him....

I never really understood why until recently with the riots and black people not owning shyt and whatnot.
:wow:

My mom is aware but she really wants me and my brothers to be safe.

I'm 27, I still hold their opinions in high regard, but they respect the fact that I'm a man.