Lets be real, does the current social Climate make you look at your parents as being weak?

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I`m all for honoring my parents, but I`m at an age where I`m just like "whether you agree or not, you need to honor my decision" and thats that. Folks applauding that mom for beating up her son for trying to face white supremacy directly in its face are missing the bigger picture.
The son probably just wanted to destroy shyt.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not weak, but their minds are definitely enslaved in the old way of thinking.

They got jobs, and a decent life and thought the fight was over.

Yea, Miseducated and sold false dreams. I think there is a diff between that and c00ning. IMO being miseducated is what I`m talking about in our parents being weak, as they were conditioned to be weak as they are truly doing what they feel is right. c00ning how ever is when you dont give a damn about your people and will show your behind doing it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yea, Miseducated and sold false dreams. I think there is a diff between that and c00ning. IMO being miseducated is what I`m talking about in our parents being weak, as they were conditioned to be weak as they are truly doing what they feel is right. c00ning how ever is when you dont give a damn about your people and will show your behind doing it.

Yeah, my parents still think TV "news" is actually news and not agenda.

My dad still thinks girls should have straight hair and males should have short hair and shaved faces. He knows not to go too hard on it, but he's suggested that I straighten my daughters hair, and any time i let my beard grow he tries to tell me how that means I'm "poorly groomed".

Success to them is taking out a car loan and moving to the suburbs. For the life of them they can't understand why my wife and I would go to school and get good jobs just to move back into the city.

My mom stays calling me with the daily fear mongering she sees on TV. "Watch out for Ebola" "its gangs in the inner city, don't talk to anybody be careful"

Its all cancer of the mind. Their minds have been conditioned to follow the arbitrary standards placed upon black people, cause in their day, that's what worked. Im sure they both had to get rid of their afro's in order to get a job. They don't use the Internet for direct news sources, so what they see on CNN is what they believe to be true. They moved to the suburbs and bought a Cadillac when the rest of their peers were still stuck in the hood.

So I understand it and I try to explain this shyt to them all the time. They say "oh meachy's the smart one, he reads allot" kinda in a condescending manner, but they know its true. Its just their too old and comfortable and their minds are to far gone. I guess comparing their life to their peers they truly feel like they followed the blueprint and made it.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I only had mom growing up so nothing is ever going to make me admit that she's weak. Did her best and still grinds at two jobs...:salute:

If you really let anything like this weaken your view on your parents though :ufdup: They grew up in a completely different time. If you're parents were born/raised in the 60's or before, they had to comply just to live. You're talking about people getting lynched...the KKK being an actual terror group and not just some clowns on the street (although I know they still live through the police), integration etc. everybody was on that :pacspit: when it came to blacks. Imagine not having any outlet like The Coli or any alternative media to even turn to. Imagine people blatantly telling you to walk on the other side of the street, drinking from "other" fountains etc. as a kid. By the time they became "our parents" they had dealt with way more outward, media, blatant, accepted, racism than most of us had, and still push through

TBH a LOT of cats :sas2: who talk that tough talk wouldn't have the mental ability to go through what they went through. They set us up for where we are today and it's time we push it forward.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
didnt talk to my pops much about ferguson but when this started goin down in baltimore i called him because his side of the family is from there and he just moved back when my sister left for college. i could hear the pain and anger in his voice. he is probably the most problack relative i have and looking back its fairly obvious, he had me watch the malcolm x double vhs back in like 1st grade :to: had hand painted pictures of malcolm and martin in the crib and he put me on amerikkka's game early in life :banderas:

moms is more of a me and mines and not so militant though. but she been hittin the range frequently with my stepdad since ferguson popped off :wow:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Love my mom, but I avoid speaking these issues with her cuz shes def on the c00n train. See, shes worked a good part of her life on a military base so I think their conservative ways of thinking have def brain washed her. Like she doesnt believe in the school to prison pipeline, and believes that cuz she made it from the hood to the burbs, anyone else can easily do it. fukking clueless:what:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
When I hear stories of how great my grandfather was I always wonder why him and other chiefs even let White missionaries into their villages after what went down with slavery.

My mom did what she had to do for me to succeed, and my pops I use his mistakes in life to make sure I dont make the same.

I think what kills me the most about the world is all of the blacks who sold out and didnt build a damn thing. You have a c00n like Ray Lewis condemning kids as if they owe him something, if it wasn't for the youth buying his merch and going to his games he would be a nobody, then c00ns like that didnt build a damn thing to protect the future generations. I just hate how a grown person can condemn the youth but didnt build a damn thing to protect the youth.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
You sound dumb.

Kid was 16 year old. Running around dressed like a bank robber. Police would not have hesitated to shoot him down or beat the shyt out of him just because he had that mask on. Dude is a kid. Not a man. When hes supporting himself he can start making his own choices. At 16 his choices are effecting his mother just as much as they effect him.

Never felt like my parents were weak cuz they're not. i feel like your parents were probably weak though

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You sound dumb.

Kid was 16 year old. Running around dressed like a bank robber. Police would not have hesitated to shoot him down or beat the shyt out of him just because he had that mask on. Dude is a kid. Not a man. When hes supporting himself he can start making his own choices. At 16 his choices are effecting his mother just as much as they effect him.

Never felt like my parents were weak cuz they're not. i feel like your parents were probably weak though

:mjlol:

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
Folks applauding that mom for beating up her son for trying to face white supremacy directly in its face are missing the bigger picture.

"If you break the female, she will break the offspring in the early years of its development, and when the offspring is old enough to work, she will deliver it to you." -- #WillieLynchLetter. {{-_-}}
#ToyaGraham #Baltimore #WhiteSupremacy #BlackLivesMatter #FreddieGray

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
But like someone already said can't judge them the same because the times were different so "weak" is a little harsh but I know what you are saying. To me as long as they aren't c00ning and their actions are pro black they have my respect.