Lets be real, does the current social Climate make you look at your parents as being weak?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I`m all for honoring my parents, but I`m at an age where I`m just like "whether you agree or not, you need to honor my decision" and thats that. Folks applauding that mom for beating up her son for trying to face white supremacy directly in its face are missing the bigger picture.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Man, my dad is on the first cart on the c00n train. My mother was scared of her old sister who are like 15-20 years older then she so they made her weak and afraid. She tell me stories about how they used to talk shyt about Malcolm X and not really support MLK cause they were cowards, yet soon as the white schools started talking blacks they made her go to them.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Man, my dad is on the first cart on the c00n train. My mother was scared of her old sister who are like 15-20 years older then she so they made her weak and afraid. She tell me stories about how they used to talk shyt about Malcolm X and not really support MLK cause they were cowards, yet soon as the white schools started talking blacks they made her go to them.

My mom isn't a c00n, but more so Miseducated, she has seen the evils first hand of White supremacy in her upbringing in Liberia, but doesn't really know anything else, my dad I dont talk to him on political stuff as he has always worked around Right Wing Good Ol boys and I`m sure they rubbed off on him. Luckily I am 100% independent of my parents and when I make decisions it is only to inform them out of courtesy, but they can't tell me what I can or can't do, unfortunately you have people in their 20s who live or die by what their parents say is right or wrong. I have been successful so far in my career and was never a problem for my parents so they can't really talk down on me. Like my mom wants me to find a church for me and my girl to go to, but I straight told her I dont mind going to church but I`m not going to go to church just to say Im going to church, I rather do my research and find a church that I can see is doing something in the community. I`m not an atheist, but I refuse to take part in counter productive activity.

Tapp

All Star
Daps
My mom is a black militant, my dad is more of a fck everybody but me and mines:yeshrug:
but i do think that the older generations hinder the youth when it comes to
social change and justice, you can only pray and turn the other cheek for so long:francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My mom is a black militant, my dad is more of a fck everybody but me and mines:yeshrug:
but i do think that the older generations hinder the youth when it comes to
social change and justice, you can only pray and turn the other cheek for so long:francis:

Yea the issue with African parents is that White Supremacist shaped their minds also and that "America is different". Jason Black made an amazing example that in the Middle East when the youth go out to fight, you dont see their mothers in the street beating them up, you see them rooting them on and or throwing rocks too. The Mayhem in Baltimore is a defensive move out of desperation due to no plan of action because the older gen is cowards and there are no elders to teach youth how to operate in a strategic manner so they are acting out of pure rage and emotion.

Looking back it is foolish to applaud any black man who thinks he did something from sitting down and letting white people sick dogs on his children and women, and spit in his face during sit ins.

Tapp

All Star
Daps
Yea the issue with African parents is that White Supremacist shaped their minds also and that "America is different". Jason Black made an amazing example that in the Middle East when the youth go out to fight, you dont see their mothers in the street beating them up, you see them rooting them on and or throwing rocks too. The Mayhem in Baltimore is a defensive move out of desperation due to no plan of action because the older gen is cowards and there are no elders to teach youth how to operate in a strategic manner so they are acting out of pure rage and emotion.

Looking back it is foolish to applaud any black man who thinks he did something from sitting down and letting white people sick dogs on his children and women, and spit in his face during sit ins.
True , when this generation's kids get older and the c00n gen dies out its gonna be :pacspit::myman::blessed::mjcry: beautiful

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not my parents. ...

But yeah, yall parents:francis:

And their parents:wow:

At the end of the day my mom is a woman and acts accordingly, and me and my dad only talk business stuff, so I can't really gauge whether or not he is militant, or whatever. Either away, aint nothing in me making me shuck and jive and I dont depend on my parents since I~m a grown man so their opinions are a non factor.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Not really my mom was racists lol in a point where she points them fukkas out.

Pop before he died wasn't really because he chilled with Irish and Italians (Say no names but they been in the news they use to come to my house) Italians and Jews are the coolest mofos I ever met)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
True , when this generation's kids get older and the c00n gen dies out its gonna be :pacspit::myman::blessed::mjcry: beautiful

The issue with our gen is they will keep us High and over sexed so many of us are too lazy to do anything and too lazy to have built anything thus keeping many of us in poverty which in turn makes us powerless.c00ns will never die because most of our gen who make it big in Corporate america or whatever won't dance for whites but they will stay on the hush to make sure they dont lose their cushy positions.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think most of our parents have seen this many many times before and just are like, "fukk it" at this point

:francis:

Yea, in a sense some peoples parents are in their 60s+ and just want to die in peace. Instead of giving their kids the tools to defend themselves they more so gave their kids the ideology to try to fit in and hide in the system of injustice so they dont pull your card. I would never verbally disrespect my parents, but I`m just on some "I`m going to do this and thats it" type of steeze, because at the end of the day they can't do anything,and my actions are of the betterment of future generations. One thing I thank my mom though for is she never was on some chain and ball steeze where I could not go out and fend for myself. Even when I left for college I left my mom home alone for 4 yrs, and even though she was sad I left she knew I had to do it, and during that time I was building and got to where I could help her out financially during hard times for her, if my mom was on some c00n stuff and never let me leave home I probably would have been like most of the dudes I grew up with who are pushing 30 and still live at their parents crib. My pops was always in my life even though he left my mom, he just lucked up that I always had a good head on my shoulders so he never had to step in when I made life decisions, he would just show support.

IMO Single moms who treat their sons like their boyfriend are literally castrating a generation of men. In every society men must go through a coming of age ritual where they must fend for themselves (and even potentially lose their life) to become men. That keeping your son hidden in church everyday mess aint going to produce a new generation of leaders.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
At the end of the day my mom is a woman and acts accordingly, and me and my dad only talk business stuff, so I can't really gauge whether or not he is militant, or whatever. Either away, aint nothing in me making me shuck and jive and I dont depend on my parents since I~m a grown man so their opinions are a non factor.
you sound bitter, on some real shyt.
i respect my parents opinions and they respect mine. Like every relationship there will be some disagreements but I would never talk shyt about my parents to other people like some of you are doing.

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I`m all for honoring my parents, but I`m at an age where I`m just like "whether you agree or not, you need to honor my decision" and thats that. Folks applauding that mom for beating up her son for trying to face white supremacy directly in its face are missing the bigger picture.
her son was trying to face white supremacy in its face?

that boy probably couldn't give less of a damn about the black plight and was just tryna hit a come up