Let's be real about gaming this gen.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been trash in terms of innovation. Games are a bit shinier and frames are better. Only thing i've seen that was mind blowing was a tech demo for matrix. Everything else has been copy and paste since last en.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't really need innovation as much as more variety in subjects, Too many generic white protaganists shooting up zombies or robots with guns

Ghost of Tsushima was literally the first straight up Samurai game i got to play since the way of the samurai in 2002. And yet people think it's an overdone as a genre, because developers like to throw katanas and samurai armor skins on their dark souls games, or combat games like mortal kombat.

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don't really need innovation as much as more variety in subjects, Too many generic white protaganists shooting up zombies or robots with guns

Ghost of Tsushima was literally the first straight up Samurai game i got to play since the way of the samurai in 2002. And yet people think it's an overdone as a genre, because developers like to throw katanas and samurai armor skins on their dark souls games, or combat games like mortal kombat.

Apparently not, because there's more coming that I think will be better that GOT

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Apparently not, because there's more coming that I think will be better that GOT

Apparently yes,. You just posted proof. I legit heard some developer interviews saying they were surprised by the success of GOT and that it inspired them to bring more samurai tales to games. this game was mentioned specifically. wouldn't have been made had GOT not come out.
People suddenly realizing the samurai stuff has an audience on its own, is not just a monster class or armor type in fantasy games.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Apparently yes,. I legit heard some developer interviews saying they were surprised by the success of GOT and that it inspired them to bring more samurai tales to games. this game was mentioned specifically. wouldn't have been made had GOT not come out.
People suddenly realizing the samurai stuff has an audience on its own, is not just a monster class or armor type in fantasy games.

A lot of gamers are trash and have terrible taste which is why the industry the way it is. I been wanting a Samuri game like Tensu or Ninja Gaiden, but the majority of gamers wouldn't thinking about that..

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
A lot of gamers are trash and have terrible taste which is why the industry the way it is. I been wanting a Samuri game like Tensu or Ninja Gaiden, but the majority of gamers wouldn't thinking about that..
Tensu was also a game i loved back in the day. although i feel like Ghost of Tsushima is a modern version of that game. he's basically a stealth ninja assassin in got.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You seen how bad they went at returnal with starting over to the point the had to add a suspend feature. Gaming being bigger than ever is probably the worse thing to happen.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We need the first Final Fantasy Tactics ONLINE, for The Switch. Ill wreck anyone in that and make them eat crow.