Let's be real about Durant....

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
if dude can put on muscle, i think it'll place him in the position to be a bit more aggressive and drive harder, if that happens, then no, he hasn't peaked...if it doesn't happen, i think dude is going to spend a lil more time figuring out how to make defenders play his style, so no, he still hasn't peaked

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
tumblr_m5bwrjGqWN1qgr86g.gif

dont quote yourself to try to prove a point son

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
I can't stand how yu guys are always thing on this dude. Like when y'all say if he ain't scoring than he isn't doing anything...if Kobe isn't scoring than what good is he??

Steals, setting up other players.

Durant and Kobe are both pure scorers, but Kobe is a much better defender, as well as passer. Playing in the Triangle for much of his career diluted his assist numbers.

I wouldn't say Durant has peaked though. I thought it was widely known that players reach their peak around 25 - 28.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok so tell me what is different about Durant in 2010 and Durant in 2012?

Has anything changed significantly since then? NOPE

Durant gonna come back next year exactly the same player and give exactly the same production. Dudes don't get better every single year :heh:

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the worst thing about this board lately is the ridiculous amount of reactionary threads, especially from Kobe stans desperately looking for attention and relevance.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
mann Durant just a more developed Danny Granger....but nah he is the 2nd best player in the game, and is only 24 years old and still has a lot of time to improve smh at this reactionary shyt

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Has anything changed significantly since then? NOPE

Durant gonna come back next year exactly the same player and give exactly the same production. Dudes don't get better every single year :heh:

First of all he was primarily a spot up shooter

- 70% of his buckets were assisted ( now 40%)

- he was terrible separating from the most basic defenders

- he rarely attacked the paint

- his handling was even worse

- he had little to no floaters or a soft touch around the rim

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Durant is a better ballhandler and defender than he was prior to this year... I think he needs to concentrate on adding like 15 lbs to his frame and working on his foot work in the post... if he can do that, he'll take that next step to becoming a truly complete player

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

First of all he was primarily a spot up shooter

- 70% of his buckets were assisted ( now 40%)

- he was terrible separating from the most basic defenders

- he rarely attacked the paint

- his handling was even worse

Wow all that improvement and his production didn't go up at all...

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
I don't think his game will ever drastically change or anything like that; he's never gonna be a point forward or a banger down low... and his numbers might not even reflect the improvement, but I think as he evolves as a player, getting buckets will become easier; he won't have to take as many difficult contested shots, so his fg% will increase

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess yall waiting for the big leap when he gains 20 pounds of muscle during the off season and comes back diesel like Bron.....:russ:

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Wow all that improvement and his production didn't go up at all...

stats don't mean if a player has gotten better or not .. thats like saying lebron in his 2nd year was the best he'll ever be avg 27 7 7 .

look at where he's at now and where his team is at compared to previous years

:what: did u play soccer growing up cause i know no real nikka would make a thread like this

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
stats don't mean if a player has gotten better or not .. thats like saying lebron in his 2nd year was the best he'll ever be avg 27 7 7 .

look at where he's at now and where his team is at compared to previous years

:what: did u play soccer growing up cause i know no real nikka would make a thread like this

He's only a completely different team, why would I compare the 2?

And Bron in his 3rd year is better than the Bron we see now. His jumper is better now but he doesn't attack the rim nearly as well as he did back then. Even trade off, and his production is still the same.