Lets be honest, what affect has the verdict had on you?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I already stated in another thread that the reinforcement of the value of black people's life, my life being worth nothing is a disappointment. It's not so much a disappointment as it just hurts.

I'm fukked up for real. I learned nothin new. I didn't feel I was emotionally attached but I just hopped in my car and drove around. Stopped and copped some newports and I don't even smoke.

I broke down, tears streamed down my face for the first time in years. I've gotten more comfort from stepping on pieces of broken glass than I'm supposed to feel from the ethical and moral intention of the American justice system.

I didn't know what I cared so much about regarding this case. I don't think it's the case itself as much as it is that parents have to bury their kid and don't get an apology or any empathy. I'm not saying zimmerman should have gotten the death penalty or extensive jail time but damn. If I get killed tomorrow would they even open a case? If I went missing would they even look? Maybe it's not their responsibility maybe it's my family and friends...i dont know yall. I don't even know

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nothing
Cacs gonna cac

Y'all kewns worshipping their women, sucking up to cacs at work etc

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Calm.......times like these brings about rapid high-emotional responses, you end up saying or maybe even doing things you either shouldn't or wouldn't normally do.

I try to stay at peace, no matter what.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Calm.......times like these brings about rapid high-emotional responses, you end up saying or maybe even doing things you either shouldn't or wouldn't normally do.

I try to stay at peace, no matter what.

Can I ask how you do it though? I'm one of the calmest nikkas in the world. Not cold but calm. I'm trained in crisis intervention. I feel I would have felt someway about this one way or another. Probably the same because it's closure for the family and I empathize with them. I'm human. It sucks a lot of the time, I'm not angry or scared or sad, disappointed just hurt.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
My friend,

anyone with legal training would know that Zimmerman would likely be found innocent based on the facts.

The true evil in this case and with many cases like these is the initial racial profiling which brings forth the tragedy or the injustice.

Racial profiling is basically constitutionally permitted says the U.S. Supreme Court.

I am satisfied that this case was brought forward to a jury trial so the nation sees the evils of racial profiling.

An unarmed kid on his cell phone with skittles and iced tea in his hand running home to catch the NBA All Star game is racially profiled by a strange man who racially profiled him to be a criminal. To me Trayvon did not die in vain.

Also the stand your ground law is a law that could be abused, it is a justification to use deadly force in public for any reason... the law is way too broad. I am happy the nation can see the evils of this law as well.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i knew he was getting off....dont worry yall will continue to kill each other, chase trailer trash and become statics in the private prison business

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Can I ask how you do it though? I'm one of the calmest nikkas in the world. Not cold but calm. I'm trained in crisis intervention. I feel I would have felt someway about this one way or another. Probably the same because it's closure for the family and I empathize with them. I'm human. It sucks a lot of the time, I'm not angry or scared or sad, disappointed just hurt.

No one's ever asked me, I'll have to give it some thought.......

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to say it but people are going to go back to their normal lives of partying, and rachetness after this dies down in a few days. Even if there is a riot, aint sh!t gonna change.

Black people will continue being the laughing stock of the country

Sad but true

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I would say something but I may be called a black militant by the coli nikkas who date white girls, have white friends and think white people are their friends.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Let's just say this.

Where I live, Im surrounded by whites.

I got really loud and aggressive.

My neighbors said nothing and wouldnt even make eye contact when I stepped out.

Daps
TBH I felt nothing. im kind of used to this. Living in NY the number of police brutality cases that come and go, i guess im conditioned to it.

Riot, no. but I do have a feeling within me that to never trust this "system" nor to put my justice in hands of any man. Let alone a system who upholds nothing but the cause of the elect. But to carve mine own.