Let’s be honest about friends

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
My belief is if you don’t hangout or at least text/call someone within a 20-30 day time span then they’re not your friend.

Not tryna hear life gets busy. Everyone is in some type of group chat. Everyone got friends that sends them random memes or topic convos like Michael vs Lebron.

And just because you have known someone forever and were tight homies back in the day does not have more value than someone you’ve known for only a year or two if the latter is more present.

Long story short if you don’t hear for them after awhile they’re not your friends

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
Nah i dont think so. I got friends in the military, out of town, that i haven't talked to in years and when we link up its still always the same love. Im talking bout nikkas I've been in first grade up to high school with..

We all grown now and a quick lil text here and there checking up is fine. shyt my own damn blood brother is the true definition of an introvert and we didnt talk like that and we lived in the same damn house forever. But we know we still will hold each other down and be there when need be.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Long story short if you don’t hear for them after awhile they’re not your friends

I have friends I only see or speak to every couple months and I have friends I speak to on a regular if not daily basis. I don't measure friendships based on who's on my phone or in my face the most. As long as there was never bad blood, or they don't only come around when they need some shyt, we're still friends unless and until they say or do something that speaks to the contrary.

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
My belief is if you don’t hangout or at least text/call someone within a 20-30 day time span then they’re not your friend.

Not tryna hear life gets busy. Everyone is in some type of group chat. Everyone got friends that sends them random memes or topic convos like Michael vs Lebron.

And just because you have known someone forever and were tight homies back in the day does not have more value than someone you’ve known for only a year or two if the latter is more present.

Are YOU reaching out to them?

Shyt is tough right now, we're in a pandemic.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

I just started cutting people off who think like this. Not because they're wrong, but because that's not how I view the maintenance of friendship. I tend to stay to myself and my immediate surroundings - I may hit someone up every once in awhile to try out a bar or whatever. Though, theres been times where I havent contacted someone in over a year - I dont consider that as love lost.

I've never been that type and I hate it when the friends I did have tried to force that perspective on me. I do me, you do you - if we meet, we still cool, if we dont, I still love you.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
@roronoa come get your mans

@roronoa :ohhh: damn breh changed his username and left the crew :mjgrin:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

I respectfully disagree..

This isn't high school and/or college! People are grown! People have families, marriages, work obligations to tend to that takes priority over friends.

Then factor in that some people move away or simply not into phone chatting, texting, etc.

I got family members I rarely speak to, so because of it means that we aren't family?

If you are in a position where you got hang out homies well into your adulthood, then cool. But, that isn't the norm nor is it abnormal. It is what you got going on in your life.

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I just started cutting people off who think like this. Not because they're wrong, but because that's not how I view the maintenance of friendship. I tend to stay to myself and my immediate surroundings - I may hit someone up every once in awhile to try out a bar or whatever. Though, theres been times where I havent contacted someone in over a year - I dont consider that as love lost.

I've never been that type and I hate it when the friends I did have tried to force that perspective on me. I do me, you do you - if we meet, we still cool, if we dont, I still love you.
It’s not love lost tho.

There is a difference between being on good terms with someone still and then there is being a actual friend. If you haven’t talked to someone in a year then that’s just someone you know.

Nah i dont think so. I got friends in the military, out of town, that i haven't talked to in years and when we link up its still always the same love. Im talking bout nikkas I've been in first grade up to high school with..

We all grown now and a quick lil text here and there checking up is fine. shyt my own damn blood brother is the true definition of an introvert and we didnt talk like that and we lived in the same damn house forever. But we know we still will hold each other down and be there when need be.

being out of town and being in the military are exceptions.

and that’s cool but that’s your brother.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
lost all my friends
Every single one betrayed me this year just because I came into some money
Set me up
Even a fake cousin was in on it
Now all I have is my siblings a few cousins and my children
Those are my peeps my priority now

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
OP..

I respectfully disagree..

This isn't high school and/or college! People are grown! People have families, marriages, work obligations to tend to that takes priority over friends.

Then factor in that some people move away or simply not into phone chatting, texting, etc.

I got family members I rarely speak to, so because if it means that we aren't family?

If you are in a position where you got hang out homes well into your adulthood, then cool. But, that isn't the norm nor is it abnormal. It is what you got going on in your life.
you list all them excuses but those same people who have bills and families still have certain friends they hang out with. It’s not like they have slave away the rest of their life to responsibilities. When they have free time there are always certain people they bullshyt with or hang out at the house with

And eh at that family take... they’re family by blood friends are choices. So yes if you don’t talk to your family they are still your family but if you don’t socialize or every hang with someone you consider a friend then I don’t consider thay a friendship just someone you’re cool with