Lets be 100% real, nikkas on the east coast are the best dressed/most style.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Nah, Houston washed as far as it comes to dressing, the one thing I will say everybody took from us is the ice and jewelry.

The style of jewelry everybody is rocking now is what nikkas in Houston call "big stupid ice/chains" and that's 100% us.

But as far as Atlanta, Ian Connor created the whole internet kid aesthetic, the Migos are the blueprint for hood nikkas worldwide, Young Thug lowkey a fashion icon slash all the fakkitry, hell even up and comers like Lil Baby is one of the best dressed nikkas in hip-hop right now.

Paradigms can shift, can argue Atlanta didn't set trends in the past but as of right now and the past 5 years, they have been setting trends.
I agree with everything u just said but the point im making Atlanta is a transplant city & all the fashion young thug, migos etc is bit off of NY and other places. Migos dress like old Harlem hustlers, Ian Connor got swag internationally and from the west as well as put on from NY dudes, and thug just wears women clothing. None of that is organic to ATL. Ive yet to see someone say “u dress like an ATL nikka” cuz no one from Atlanta started anything organically. If i put on timbs that will be an NY thing.

What will I put on that atlanta has stamped? Thats what I been asking over and overrrr again in this thread.

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
The nikkas in that video is from Boston lol but iight bro no doubt, thanks for the blessing. :mjlol:

You don't run my block. We move on some hood shyt. You think NY nikkas who aren't even from here can set up shop and not get touched? You smoking dust. We don't dress like y'all and if we do it is because we from the East Coast. We got our own spin on fashion. Keep this between y'all and the Midwest, West Coast, and the South.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I agree with everything u just said but the point im making Atlanta is a transplant coty & all the fashion young thug, migos etc is bit off of NY. Migos dress like old Harlem hustlers, Ian Connor got swag internationally and from the west as well as put on from NY dudes, and thug just wears women clothing. None of that is organic to ATL. Ive yet to see someone say “u dress like an ATL nikka” cuz no one from Atlanta started anything organically. If i put on timbs that will be an NY thing.

What will I put on that atlanta has stamped? Thats what I been asking over and overrrr again in this thread.
You can't compare Atlanta which was a stop and go town 2-3 decades ago to cities like New York/Detroit/Chicago that had vibrant black cultures for 100 years.

Atlanta's canon is still being written, Atlanta has only been super relevant in mainstream black popular culture for 10-15 years. Ian is from Atlanta and created a whole aesthetic, no hood nikkas were dressing the way Thug/Future dress right now before Thug and Future. As time goes on we'll probably see more new stuff from Atlanta as long as it remains a hub of black culture.

If you gonna say "well everything they did was influence by another city if you look back far enough" , then you can say everything any nikka wore was influenced by a cac somehow if you look back far enough.

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
:mjpls:

Purrp gave the Mob the color palette and Ian gave them the designers. nikkas was wearing 10 deep and prada with the hoodies under the jean jackets :pachaha:
bro quit lil duty motherfukker came here in snapbacks and mall skateboard shyt
he would admit bari is his father

MaxPain

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
You can't compare Atlanta which was a stop and go town 2-3 decades ago to cities like New York/Detroit/Chicago that had vibrant black cultures for 100 years.

Atlanta's canon is still being written, Atlanta has only been super relevant in mainstream black popular culture for 10-15 years. Ian is from Atlanta and created a whole aesthetic, no hood nikkas were dressing the way Thug/Future dress right now before Thug and Future. As time goes on we'll probably more new stuff from Atlanta as long as it remains a hub of black culture.

If you gonna say "well everything they did was influence by another city if you look back far enough" , then you can say everything any nikka wore was influenced by a cac somehow if you look back far enough.
U make a good point:ehh:

Answer this though

Before Ian connor thug and migos started traveling and soaking up fashion game and were local

What did they dress like?

And is there anything that Atlanta has worn before that , that became a staple in atl?

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This whole thread corny. Y’all letting hip hop dictate what’s fresh and what’s not. Bringing up lil dusty dirtbag looking nikkas like Ian Connor acting like he’s fly. :russ: Yeah to some little kids maybe.

Man I’m about to be 25, tf I look like rocking some shyt that’ll mistake me for a freshman in college? Y’all are buggin.

Region wars on who gets the freshest is juvenile shyt.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps

Atlanta's canon is still being written, Atlanta has only been super relevant in mainstream black popular culture for 10-15 years. Ian is from Atlanta and created a whole aesthetic, no hood nikkas were dressing the way Thug/Future dress right now before Thug and Future. As time goes on we'll probably more new stuff from Atlanta as long as it remains a hub of black culture.

big facts

nikkas really forget detroit had 1.2 million people 30 years ago...we a big ass city with a big city mentality...come up here thinkin shyt country and get tricked out the streets and circles ran around you

atlanta is the result of detroit nikkas leaving the city...atl IS detroit south lol...i remember i was in Tallahassee me and my bro walking through campus ALT hoes pointing us out straight knew off rip we from the D...they knew cuz we was rockin dress shoes with jeans ..this was like 09 so i know damn well atl aint step they gear game like that

as far as gear nikkas basically wearing the same shyt everywhere...@ben anderson lmao no nikkas is not rocking south poles and pelles(thats an age thing nowadays) ...trues been played out almost 5 years...bought my first pair like 07/08.

prps, cults, joes, basically anything in saks/nordstroms..gucci louie prada ofcourse. westside nikkas a lil more flashy... eastside nikkas morelowkey but we keep our pockets stuffed, thats our thing lol

nyc/la get the labels first obviously most def got more exclusive shyt but it aint like a crazy difference

chicago nikkas is hit or miss lmao... they waaaay more flashier dressing than detroit nikkas..when i go shoppin from time to time over there it basically be the same shyt you see at our malls but unlike detroit they got waaaay more people so more choices

MaxPain

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
just imagine there was no internet
if every region was truly isolated nyc nikkas would still be exactly who we are as far as style
it just comes down to the industry being anchored here

the hood intersects with the highlife here like nowwhere else

End thread.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
just imagine there was no internet
if every region was truly isolated nyc nikkas would still be exactly who we are as far as style
it just comes down to the industry being anchored here

the hood intersects with the highlife here like nowwhere else

For the most part, but like somebody else already said. Black people moving away from baggy clothes started in Chicago, then the West Coast, not NY.