Votes: 113 43.8%

• Total voters

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Heres the problem with this age old debate

Playstation had a library that was so deep and varied, and unique, and risky, and awesome, that the 'name the best games' discussion actually gets fractured and crazy. Its like going to a University library and going "find the five best books" like where do I begin. The n64 game selection is like going to the used video store and trying to find a gem in comparison.

N64 you WILL GET THE EXACT SAME GAMES MENTIONED OVER AND OVER.
Here we go

mario
zelda
banjo and the other identical rare platformers
Smash bros
Mario party
Goldeneye/perfect dark
Turok
wrestling games
nfl blitz
KI
waverace i guess
starfox

THATS ABOUT IT

there are about 3 genre of game there, they all had the same charactors and they were all fairly childish

Playstation one, off the top of my head, and i'm only going to list A+/five star/tier zero games

MGS
MGS2
Grand Theft Auto
Tony Hawk 2
driver
Castlevania SOTN
Ridge Racer 1
Ridge Racer 4
Tekken 2, 3
Gran Turismo 1 and 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
TENCHU
MADDEN [insert year here]
GTA
BOSHIDO BLADE
Parappa the rapper
SOUL EDGE
Final fantasy VII
FFVIII
FFIX
Suikoden
Final Fantasy Tactics
Crash Bandicoot, 2
WCW vs the World
Smackdown
Street Fighter Collection
Silent Hill
RESIDENT EVIL
RESIDENT EVIL 2
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
COLONY WARS 2
EINHANDER
R TYPE DELTA
Abe: Oddworld
Megaman X
TOMB RAIDER 1 and TWO

brehs, N64 did not have the library, quality, variety, or games to hold PSX's jock there is ZERO competition.

I get what you're saying. but the fact of the matter is that some of those games that were on N64 are regarded in the top 10 videos games of all time, today.

You can't ever say that N64 didn't have the quality, breh both zelda games alone slay everything that was on the ps1. and don't get me wrong I was ps1 head back in the day, but in retrospect N64 really had it.

Don't even get me started on Jet Force Gemeni :whoo:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I get what you're saying. but the fact of the matter is that some of those games that were on N64 are regarded in the top 10 videos games of all time, today.

You can't ever say that N64 didn't have the quality, breh both zelda games alone slay everything that was on the ps1. and don't get me wrong I was ps1 head back in the day, but in retrospect N64 really had it.

Don't even get me started on Jet Force Gemeni :whoo:

I can say that because I just proved it.

FFVII is greater than or at worst equal to Zelda OOT. N64 had about 10 good games and the rest were rehashes and sequels. It was not an impressive console to most, it had VERY little variety and the cartridge held it back A LOT. I like how the BRUTAL issues with foggyness, pop-in graphics, no FMV, which were absolutely annoying during this era of n64 are just forgotten now.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
both them joints put me in crackhead mode the way i lost sleep :damn:
that golden eye....man we used to blow so much smoke and just lose track of time over that.

then them tony hawks' on ps :wow:
all the bytches i coulda been smashin instead of playin them shyts :sadcam:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can say that because I just proved it.

FFVII is greater than or at worst equal to Zelda OOT. N64 had about 10 good games and the rest were rehashes and sequels. It was not an impressive console to most, it had VERY little variety and the cartridge held it back A LOT. I like how the BRUTAL issues with foggyness, pop-in graphics, no FMV, which were absolutely annoying during this era of n64 are just forgotten now.

crazy thing the console had the hardware to be GOAT but treated 3rd parties like crap

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll put my argument this way

I sold my N64 and brought a ps1

It was the best gaming decision I've ever made :blessed:

FFVII>>>>>> errrthang

Ive put in at least over 300 hours gaming time in that game so yeah that argument doesn't hold any weight for me breh

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'll put my argument this way

I sold my N64 and brought a ps1

It was the best gaming decision I've ever made :blessed:

FFVII>>>>>> errrthang

Ive put in at least over 300 hours gaming time in that game so yeah that argument doesn't hold any weight for me breh

Same thing happened to me. During the drought we had on the n64 side I was able to get my hands on a ps1. What made my decision was the lack of fighters on the n64 and no games to play until 97. Im glad I kept my n64 for goldeneye,wrestlemania 2000 and perfect dark

TH29

Rookie
Daps
Man this is tough. My brother and I had both when I was younger and at first I was thinking n64, but after some of the games mentioned in here I have to rethink it. I mean when it comes to multiplayer n64 hands down. When we hung with relatives and friends we always hit up the 64 and played goldeneye, super smash, mario kart, and those aki wrestling games. I think we had way more n64 games than ps1 games, but I loved the resident evil and syphon filter series on ps1. Also someone mentioned Driver which I had forgotten about. I guess I will go with n64 because that is what I played the most as a kid, but looking back on it playstation had some amazing games, and I am still with playstation now on the ps3.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
FF7 gave me the same "oh shyt" :ohmy: feeling that I got the first time I saw Super Mario bros as a kid. I didn't even really know what I was witnessing but I knew it was amazing.

Goldeneye on N64 was some great gaming but it pales in comparison to almost everything I experienced with the PS1.

Christian3o5

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami, FL
Shadows-of-the-empire-cover.jpg

4948-krmenlljej.jpg

n64goldeneye.jpg

Dkrboxart.jpg

Donkey_Kong_64_Box_Art.jpg

PokemonStadium.jpg

Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-3D-Screenshots.jpg