• Total voters

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
PS1 was just better period.

Come on N64 only had like 20 or so good games while Sony dropped triple that at least :laugh:

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PS1 was just better period.

Come on N64 only had like 20 or so good games while Sony dropped triple that at least :laugh:

Damn I wanna say you're right but :sadcam:

Then I think of Legend of Zelda, Super Smash, Goldeneye and No Mercy and I can't bring myself to do it.

The first time I saw Mario in 3D was magical to me. :blessed:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Damn I wanna say you're right but :sadcam:

Then I think of Legend of Zelda, Super Smash, Goldeneye and No Mercy and I can't bring myself to do it.

The first time I saw Mario in 3D was magical to me. :blessed:

First off, neither of these systems is GOAT :stopitslime:
But if you had to pick just one, N64 kills the ps1. The games you just mentioned is enough for gamers TODAY. What PS1 games could you even still play today and not wanna kill yourself? MGS1 has no replay value anymore if you played it. I bought the remake on gamecube so that makes the argument even weaker for PS1, but even the upgraded version was boring. What esle.. Mortal Kombat Trilogy? Those fighting games with the circle area? Tenshinhan or whatever it was called? GTA had more replay value on PS1, cuz we'd go back just to drive and kill. That gets old in 3D, never did in 2D :manny:

Yeah, not even close. Too many classics by RARE & Nintendo that gen. Then the wrestling games too :whew:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats what makes it a better system then breh.

There really is no contest. I am almost tempted to throw this thread and everyone who agrees that the N64 is better in the bushes
@bk :upsetfavre:

All I said was that n64 had more classics....I also said psone had more good games in general...I think that's fairly accurate.

At least arguable.

I had more fun with GoldenEye than any game on psone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
my best friend had an n64 and i had a playstation :ahh: :ohlawd:

those were the fukking days. games seemed so much cooler back then. there was true variety in types of games, not just fps, sports and rpg.

crash bandicoot damn near defined my childhood so i gotta go with ps. both excellent systems tho. goldeneye and super smash get honorable mention :salute:

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
64 for me.

No Mercy, Wcw Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Road Rash 64, perfect dark, super smash bros, fighting force 64, star fox, star wars, army men series (underrated):wow:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
N64, I still played N64 on my hacked xbox that let me burn games to it, and when only those two were out :ohlawd: at the N64 and all the great games

Wcthesecret

Banned
Daps
To give a more detailed reason why playstation is better, the playstation gave us crash bandicoot, spyro the dragon, dance dance revolution, digimon world, the wcw games, the smackdown games, the Spider-Man games, and the tiny toon games. While the Nintendo 64 gave us new games from old game series and only some new stuff like conkers bad fur day and banjo kazooie. But then look at what happened to them in the future. And lets not forget what else came out of the Nintendo 64, isn't that right superman 64? daikatana?

Mr. Bytes

yup
Daps
Reppin
originally from the 'ville
I'm biased because I was a 90's baby but definitely n64 for me. But the thing is, I wouldn't be mad at people saying the other. I don't think it's as wide a disparity as people say. It all depends on taste. Plus nostalgia is gonna factor in heavy.

I was not a big ps1 guy (My brother and I sold it at a yard sale since we didn't play it often) so I won't act like I know a lot about the games, but going off what has been said in the thread:

I think a thing to consider is genre of game, when I look at ps1 and what people said were its "classics", the genres that stick out to me were fighting, rpg's, stealth shooters. I never was (and still am not) a huge fan of rpg's, and fighting games never really did it either. So for me, listing those games don't change my mind. :manny:

Likewise, Nintendo's classics may seem less "mature," and many (not all) were best enjoyed with a lot of people.

Bottom line the games that each were good at appear to be philosophically different in what they were trying to accomplish.

I still have an n64, matter of fact I brought it across the country with me for an extended stay this summer. Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 64 still get burn and are probably some of the FUNNEST (note I didn't say greatest) games I have EVER played. I have memories of specific mario kart matches, smash fights, hell even Perfect Dark got a shyt ton of play with me and my friends.

For me, gaming back then was having the most fun as possible, and if with friends, even better. But then again I had two brothers so 3way multiplayer happened a lot.

Mr. Bytes

yup
Daps
Reppin
originally from the 'ville
I also played these games a lot as well:

Banjo Kazooie
Goldeneye
Legend of Zelda
Diddy Kong Racing
Starfox
Yoshi's Story (CAN'T believe more people haven't mentioned it, was I the only one that enjoyed this game?)
Excite Bike (same with this one)
Tony Hawk
Paper Mario(!)
NFL Blitz (my favorite sport game for the longest)
Wave Race
Road Rash
Mario Party (Which I think inspired spirtitually the wave of casual games that followed next gen, and is the GOAT party game franchise to me, fukk a wii)
Wipeout 64
Snowboard Kids
Ready to Rumble
Kirby 64

:wow:

tr2k

All Star
Daps
This type of debate was cool for me in 1997-1998..but now not so much. The console wars is what got me started registering for forums.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I love no mercy, mario and Zelda for the n64.
I still play no mercy to this day.
yet, and still ps1 was not to be fukked with.

they had fukkin alpha on ps1, and that jet fighter robotech like game that kills
true, madden and kobe for the 64 killed all the relevant psx sports games.
yet, if you liked shoot'em up style games and fighting games.
psx, was murdering n64.
I am a huge ninetendo guy,..
yet, Nintendo fukked up not keeping the psx, as their console.
it completely allowed sony a gateway into gaming that gave away Nintendo's culture and its grip on quality developers, in one fell swoop.
for Nintendo to be that egotistical,..to think they could not lose.
they were crazy, to give away the psx, to sony.
Nintendo gave away a monopoly.....

art barr