Let's admit the cold hard truth about kobe - media ruined Kobe's legit top 3-4 status

BigTyme Records

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the media helped Kobe more than anything, personally keeping it purely basket I don't think Kobe was better than Kevin Garnett, but you got an army of Kobe nuthuggers that'll tell you that's a disrespectful ass comment because the media never told them how good KG was :yeshrug:

KG was amazing bro Idk i might actually take him over Kobe its close af tho good shyt:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe stans are disturbed. Kobe is possibly the most media hyped player of all time in any sport and these fakkits are still complaining that the media didn't love him enough :mindblown:

Not really.

His peers, other former and current NBA players, have been the loudest voices in support of his greatness. Its not been the media.

The media don't even wanna crown him the best player of the 2000s, they wanna give it to the true most overrated player ever, Tim Duncan. Compare that to guys like Durant, Wade, and Dirk calling Kobe second only Jordan all-time and the best player by far of their generation.

Honestly only the players and Kobe's fans are giving him the love he deserves.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Half the people who shyt on Kobe are 20 years old and would've been in pre school and kindergarten back in 2002. That's why their posts sound so "off" about him because they're getting their narratives from basketballreference.com instead of from living through the era. I wish the Coli forced us to put our ages next to our usernames. That way you'd know to ignore these nikkas.

This.

Unless you watched Kobe play in his prime, which was 2001-09, you wouldn't understand his greatness.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci: The first thing they bring up is always his chucking bad shots while his teammates were wide open and shooting the lakers out of games

He went 5-2 in the NBA Finals.

Maybe the guys concerned with their FG% and passing to teammates should "chuck" more since it has been proven to be more effective in winning championships than p*ssy ball?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are similar much more than they are different. Both elite scorers who tend to hold the ball, isolate, and call their own number too often.

Melo was bigger and stronger which helped him be a better pure scorer. Kobe was a better playmaker despite his reluctance to do it. Kobe was also a better defender but its a minor point since both were allowed to ignore that end of the floor for most of their careers.

Because of the ring count, Melo will always be viewed way behind Kobe. I think most basketball fans are so blinded by it that they'd consider it blasphemous to even compare the two.

It is because one guy has never made a single all-defensive team while the other guy owns the NBA record with 9 1st team All-Defense selections.

Offensively they might be close when it comes to scoring ability. But Kobe was always a better playmaker, overall athlete, and significantly better defensively.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
SCOOP JACKSON, WHO WORKS AT ESPN, ADMITTED THAT THE MAJORITY STAFF WRITERS AND JOURNALISTS AT ESPN ARE LEBRON GUYS WHO DESPISE KOBE..U CANT DANCE AROUND THE FACT THAT THEY RANKED KOBE 12 ALL TIME N LEBRON 3. PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING.

You gotta remember ESPN is located in Bristol, CT so a lot of the people who work there are transplants from Boston. And we all know Boston cacs hate the Lakers and everything associated with it.

It took me a while to figure this out but I think this is the main reason for the anti-Kobe hate coming from ESPN all those years. Its just a bunch of Boston cacs who grew up Celtics fans and hated the Lakers.

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
SO WILT IS THE GOAT IF WE GO BY STATS

NOPE

STATS ARE CIRCUMSTANTIAL .. KOBE WOULDA SHOT 60% PLAYIN IN JORDANS SHOES

But Wilt *is* top 5....BECAUSE of stats.

everything circumstantial, but the numbers are the numbers in the end.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
His accomplishments just do not match the narrative. There is no way to reconcile the difference between how Kobe was perceived and celebrated versus his actual numbers. Say what you want about advanced stats but they generally support the narratives. shyt, we can ignore advanced stats and look at the basic stats and even they don't support Kobe being in the top 5.

The only way you are able to place him there is to remove your protective helmet and put on your tinfoil hat and just argue that if Kobe had a, b, and c, he'd have 40ppg, 10 rings, etc while you evaluate all other players for what they actually did in real life.

You're a pathetic individual.

Actually they do. You are just being selective about what you focus on. Kobe Bryant is #1 all-time when it comes to 1st team All-NBA selections with 11 selections. He's also #1 all-time when it comes to 1st team All-Defense selections with 9 selections. No one other than Michael Jordan comes close with his 10 All-NBA 1st team selections and 9 All-Defense 1st team selections. That is a decade of outright dominance as both the best offensive player and best defensive player at your position. That is what I would call an accomplishment worthy of top 5 status. Guys like Magic, Bird, and Shaq may have been more dominant offensively than Kobe. But in terms of dominance on both sides of the floor, no one in NBA history other than Jordan has the ACCOMPLISHMENTS that Kobe has on his resume.

Plus he's #3 all-time in scoring and has won 5 NBA Championships.

So you can shove this bullshyt argument about Kobe not having accomplishments on his resume worthy of top 5 status. He does. You just choose to ignore them.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
OK MRS. FABER

WHEN U LOOK AT CAREER NUMBERS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS, COMBINED WIT SKILLSET, NOT MANY MATCH KOBE

THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT, YOUNG MAN

Sure but you're moving the goalposts now. Stats, advanced stats, espn opinions, etc all agree that there arent many players that match Kobe.

AND HE STILL EXPOSED THE NARRATIVE, BETA BILZ .. STAY MAD

No he invented that to cope with his own mancrush. ESPN loves everything Lakers. They just aren't all as flaming as Scoop and SAS.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
But Wilt *is* top 5....BECAUSE of stats.

everything circumstantial, but the numbers are the numbers in the end.

WILT IS BORDERLINE TOP 5 .. KOBE HAS SEASONS OF 35+ PPG, IN THE RECORD BOOKS FOR POINTS IN A GAME, CONSECUTIVE 50
POINT GAMES, 40 POINT GAMES, TOP 3 IN CAREER POINTS, MOST ALL NBA AND ALL DEFENSE TEAMS. THAT, COMBINED WITH 5 RINGS IS ENOUGH TO PUT HIM IN THE GOAT CONVO.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Sure but you're moving the goalposts now. Stats, advanced stats, espn opinions, etc all agree that there arent many players that match Kobe.

No he invented that to cope with his own mancrush. ESPN loves everything Lakers. They just aren't all as flaming as Scoop and SAS.

I LIKE HOW U DANCE AROUND THE FACT THAT THEY RANK KOBE 12 AND LEBRON 3 ...... MEANWHILE, EVERY PLAYER WHOS EVER PLAYED HAS KOBE HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE LEBRON. YOU LOSE AGAIN, MY SON.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You gotta remember ESPN is located in Bristol, CT so a lot of the people who work there are transplants from Boston. And we all know Boston cacs hate the Lakers and everything associated with it.

It took me a while to figure this out but I think this is the main reason for the anti-Kobe hate coming from ESPN all those years. Its just a bunch of Boston cacs who grew up Celtics fans and hated the Lakers.
Nope. Even now when the Lakers are pathetic as fukk, ESPN is pumping out Laker news whenever it can.

I watched that trash first take show this morning and they talked about Paul George becoming a Laker, LeBron becoming a Laker, then they covered Westbrook's MVP award by questioning if he would also like to join the Lakers. Why all of this fuss about a team that won like 25 games last year and lost its top 3 players and added a guy who anchored a 20 win team last year? Then you're going to tell me that ESPN hates the team they can't stop talking about?

There is something seriously wrong with you people.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. Even now when the Lakers are pathetic as fukk, ESPN is pumping out Laker news whenever it can.

I watched that trash first take show this morning and they talked about Paul George becoming a Laker, LeBron becoming a Laker, then they covered Westbrook's MVP award by questioning if he would also like to join the Lakers. Why all of this fuss about a team that won like 25 games last year and lost its top 3 players and added a guy who anchored a 20 win team last year? Then you're going to tell me that ESPN hates the team they can't stop talking about?

First Take is different than the staff writers in the back that write shyt on ESPN.com. I'm talking more about those guys and the guys who used to run TrueHoop like Henry Abbott.

First Take is basically Steven A Smith and we know what his deal is.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

LAKERS DRAW RATINGS .. WHETHER IT BE HATING ON EM OF SHOWIN EM LOVE. THEY GOTA TALK ABOUT EM THO.