Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
yeah, not even close. this is just the result of bad writing. the last show runner had a really tough time writing for black people and women. lori did not serve her purpose after shane died, she was much more relevant to a future plot. andrea was another victim of poor writing, as she's EXTREMELY valuable in future plot lines and is still alive in the comics today. michonne and tyrese were also victims of shyt writing in season 3, but they; at least it was exciting to you
you are still looking at the show solely through the prism of the comic brah you need to learn where to draw the line and judge the show on whats working on the tv show..I dont care what shoulda coulda or woulda the fact is lori had reached her natural end and her death brought carl to the dance.Andrea is replaceable and her disappearance hasnt harmed the show at all this isnt the comics hell wolverine is dressed in bright yellow in comics would that work in live action? :why:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you are still looking at the show solely through the prism of the comic brah you need to learn where to draw the line and judge the show on whats working on the tv show..I dont care what shoulda coulda or woulda the fact is lori had reached her natural end and her death brought carl to the dance.Andrea is replaceable and her disappearance hasnt harmed the show at all this isnt the comics hell wolverine is dressed in bright yellow in comics would that work in live action? :why:
your two "facts" are false opinions :skip: lori's "natural end" was *comic spoilers*
dying in the gov's final prison battle. carl was supposed to shoot a living shane and lizzy, that was supposed to be his coming of age moments. andrea's character in the comic definitely isn't easily replaced as she becomes a vital sniper and ricks girlfriend at some point.

like i said a few days ago, y'all dudes complain about the shows direction every week but claim you don't care if it ignores the source material.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
the problem I have with him is the same problem I had with tristan wilds when he was on 90210.Just couldnt shake the fact he wasnt micheal anymore, that all he was now was a white washed, sissified lame from the burbs..It just dont look right seeing this actor playing such a (almost) simple minded gruff role where he constantly plays sidekick to any of the originals irrespective of gender..
Did u seriously just reference 90210, like people were gunna relate to that bullshyt?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
your two "facts" are false opinions :skip: lori's "natural end" was *comic spoilers*
dying in the gov's final prison battle. carl was supposed to shoot a living shane and lizzy, that was supposed to be his coming of age moments. andrea's character in the comic definitely isn't easily replaced as she becomes a vital sniper and ricks girlfriend at some point.

like i said a few days ago, y'all dudes complain about the shows direction every week but claim you don't care if it ignores the source material.
seems like your main gripe is the fact the show runners have this crazy idea to implement the element of surprise as oppose to adapting everything from the comic by the numbers.The fukk is the difference when lori died if she was going to die regardless? :why: the way it played out on the show added more pathos to carl/rick's characters anyway.Having her overstay her welcome to just die at the hands of the govenor would've been weak.How many more scenes did we need to see of her disdain for rick and what he did to shane. I think carl having to kill his own mother in an act of mercy was effective enough...The stuff about andrea is :ld: I never read the comics but its clear on the tv show her presence isnt missed

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Did u seriously just reference 90210, like people were gunna relate to that bullshyt?
no but if you want to go into some insecure chest beating tirade feel free to.My statement is quite simple its hard to see a lot of the wire alums in roles totally different to their breakout ones on the show

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
seems like your main gripe is the fact the show runners have this crazy idea to implement the element of surprise as oppose to adapting everything from the comic by the numbers.

wrong, i don't want them to follow the comic page for page; but s3 b*stardized complete plot points that were vital to the long term story.

The fukk is the difference when lori died if she was going to die regardless? :why:

they're all going to die regardless, that's irrelevant. but loris death being caused by the govs final attack made the arcs worth a lot more. not lori dying over some bullshyt issue because writers didn't know how to write for her, and killed her due to ratings. imagine if lori and rick sorted their shyt out, started working on their family, becoming loving again. then gov suddenly attacks and kills your wife and newborn. rick was supposed to find that telephone in the house after they left the prison. it was supposed to give them hope of a new group that could help them, only for rick to find out it's all in his head. i find that storyline much better than how it was executed on the show -- plus it gave carl a real reason to snap out on his dad, instead of just appearing like a bratty c*nt.

the way it played out on the show added more pathos to carl/rick.Having her overstay her welcome to just die at the hands of the govenor would've been weak.How many more scenes did we need to see of her disdain for rick and what he did to shane. I think carl having to kill his own mother in an act of mercy was effective enough...The stuff about andrea is :ld:

see that's what im saying, it wasn't supposed to go like that. they wrote POORLY for the women characters in s2-3. you're blaming the story line when you should blame the writers. rick and lori sorted their shyt out and become a decent couple before she died.

and the whole scene was stupid, imo. it just screamed "i'm ready to get off this show because im receiving death threats." why wou

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
wrong, i don't want them to follow the comic page for page; but s3 b*stardized complete plot points that were vital to the long term story.

they're all going to die regardless, that's irrelevant. but loris death being caused by the govs final attack made the arc worth a lot more. not lori dying over some bullshyt issue because writers didn't know how to write for her, and killed her due to ratings. imagine if lori and rick sorted their shyt out, started working on their family, becoming loving again. then gov suddenly attacks and kills your wife and newborn. rick was supposed to find that telephone in the house after they left the prison. it was supposed to give them hope of a new group that could help them, only for rick to find out it's all in his head. i find that storyline much better than how it was executed on the show -- plus it gave carl a real reason to snap out on his dead, instead of just appearing like a bratty c*nt.

see that's what im saying, it wasn't supposed to go like that. they wrote POORLY for the women characters in s2-3. you're blaming the story line when you should blame the writers. rick and carl sorted their shyt out and become a decent couple before she died.

and the whole scene was stupid, imo. it just screamed "i'm ready to get off this show because im receiving death threats." why wou
why you spoiling shyt brah :camby: with that shyt

Last edited by a moderator:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
no but if you want to go into some insecure chest beating tirade feel free to.My statement is quite simple its hard to see a lot of the wire alums in roles totally different to their breakout ones on the show
i aint insecure about anything.. i find it funny.. thats all.

Last edited:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps

they're all going to die regardless, that's irrelevant. but loris death being caused by the govs final attack made the arc worth a lot more. not lori dying over some bullshyt issue because writers didn't know how to write for her, and killed her due to ratings. imagine if lori and rick sorted their shyt out, started working on their family, becoming loving again. then gov suddenly attacks and kills your wife and newborn. rick was supposed to find that telephone in the house after they left the prison. it was supposed to give them hope of a new group that could help them, only for rick to find out it's all in his head. i find that storyline much better than how it was executed on the show -- plus it gave carl a real reason to snap out on his dead, instead of just appearing like a bratty c*nt.

see that's what im saying, it wasn't supposed to go like that. they wrote POORLY for the women characters in s2-3. you're blaming the story line when you should blame the writers. rick and carl sorted their shyt out and become a decent couple before she died.

Its a different story, breh. The comic, show and video game are all based on the same material but have all splintered off to become three unique stories with different story arcs, plot points and characters that arent in the other forms. Some characters lasted longer and were more developed in the comic, but the same could be said of key characters in the show. Hell, Daryl and Beth are arguably the main focus of this s4 pt 2 and they werent even in the comics. The show is clearly its own saga at this point and the differences will only continue as the series' go on.

Personally I thought having Rick be forced to kill his best friend and then Corral shooting his stepdaddy as hes about to bite an unsuspecting Rick was much more effective than the reverse order of the original. It also worked well in conjunction with the change to Lori's death too as Kurl has now basically put down zombie versions of both his parents, which actually proves his OG status more than shooting a psycho killer kid that they were gonna put down anyway. Doing it this way also made Shane's death doubly important as he was the first character to come back without being bitten, a key plot point for Rick that is driven home better this way rather than from a random kid in the prison like in the comic.

Hershel in the show >>>>> comic version. Because of this, his death alone has the appropriate gravitas to sell the prison attack, rather than killing off handfuls of characters in the same attack in the comics.

why you spoiling shyt brah :camby: with that shyt
He was talking in a general sense cause its a zombie apocalypse. Everyone hasnt died in the comics.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its a different story, breh. The comic, show and video game are all based on the same material but have all splintered off to become three unique stories with different story arcs, plot points and characters that arent in the other forms. Some characters lasted longer and were more developed in the comic, but the same could be said of key characters in the show. Hell, Daryl and Beth are arguably the main focus of this s4 pt 2 and they werent even in the comics. The show is clearly its own saga at this point and the differences will only continue as the series' go on.

Personally I thought having Rick be forced to kill his best friend and then Corral shooting his stepdaddy as hes about to bite an unsuspecting Rick was much more effective than the reverse order of the original. It also worked well in conjunction with the change to Lori's death too as Kurl has now basically put down zombie versions of both his parents, which actually proves his OG status more than shooting a psycho killer kid that they were gonna put down anyway.

Hershel in the show >>>>> comic version. Because of this, his death alone has the appropriate gravitas to sell the prison attack, rather than killing off handfuls of characters in the same attack in the comics.

He was talking in a general sense cause its a zombie apocalypse. Everyone hasnt died in the comics.

i mean, quarl shooting a zombie shane and an unconscious lori doesn't top shooting shane while he's alive, and killing lizzy because no one else has the balls to do it; guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. but i do think the show handled shane/lori/rick arc better than the comics. had they stuck with the source material, shane would have been dead by episode 3 of season 1. i also agree that hershel on the show is better than the comics. comics hershel was a bit of a bigoted dikk.

like i said, im not expecting them to follow the comics page for page. but season 3 fractured the entire storyline, they completely dropped the ball on the show and i'm glad kirkman got him out of there.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
i mean, quarl shooting a zombie shane and an unconscious lori doesn't top shooting shane while he's alive, and killing lizzy because no one else has the balls to do it; guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. but i do think the show handled shane/lori/rick arc better than the comics. had they stuck with the source material, shane would have been dead by episode 3 of season 1. i also agree that hershel on the show is better than the comics. comics hershel was a bit of a bigoted dikk.

like i said, im not expecting them to follow the comics page for page. but season 3 fractured the entire storyline, they completely dropped the ball on the show and i'm glad kirkman got him out of there.
You mean
Ben?
:leostare: