Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

tr2k

All Star
Daps
The issue is the pacing of the show.

These characters have been around for like 2 or 3 seasons and the writers are just now developing them. It's just odd pacing in general. I thought the episode was decent, but I really think that we should have seen a lot more of these kind of episodes earlier on in the series
The problem is they need to add in something else for those ADD watchers. This is a Zombie Diaries episode.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Naturally. Beth saying she won't be here for long may be foreshadowing...but I actually like her character so I hope it isn't her..

That's the thing about it...I have a feeling Daryl is gonna get got...He's losing his edge...When he missed that squirrel and they showed the damaged arrow he was using, I knew what was up...Fact is....They can't have too many bad asses...

Breh...I hope I'm wrong tho..

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
The issue is the pacing of the show.

These characters have been around for like 2 or 3 seasons and the writers are just now developing them. It's just odd pacing in general. I thought the episode was decent, but I really think that we should have seen a lot more of these kind of episodes earlier on in the series

This is the first time Beth has been stuck with one person in the woods. This is the first time she's been without her family, especially her pops who died recently. This episode was necessary.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is the first time Beth has been stuck with one person in the woods. This is the first time she's been without her family, especially her pops who died recently. This episode was necessary.
I'm not debating whether or not the episode was necessary or not. I was responding to why I think people were turned off by it. Regardless of their situations leading into this episode, the show/series in general hasn't developed the characters well at all.

We should have seen episodes like this way before now. (it's the 4th Season and both Beth and Darryl have been around since Season 2) There has been more than enough time to flesh out the characters. The pacing of this show is sub par to say the least. These 2 didn't have to be stranded in the woods together for the writers to shed more light about them, that's ridiculous to imply but whatever...

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
We should have seen episodes like this way before now. (it's the 4th Season and both Beth and Darryl have been around since Season 2) There has been more than enough time to flesh out the characters. The pacing of this show is sub par to say the least. These 2 didn't have to be stranded in the woods together for the writers to shed more light about them, that's ridiculous to imply but whatever...

I agree. My comments are really geared towards the ppl who think dramatic episodes like these are not needed....shyt is silly to me.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
the problem is they wasted a lot of time with the farm and then the prison, so this character development is happening too little too late for some. it's understandable, but i still think it was a decent episode

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm not debating whether or not the episode was necessary or not. I was responding to why I think people were turned off by it. Regardless of their situations leading into this episode, the show/series in general hasn't developed the characters well at all.

this show lost a season early on, to admin issues and a cash crunch.
so, now they are doing what you wanted them to do in the Sophia season.
now, you are complaining and every episode has been crack this season.
going all the way back to them finding getting into it with woodbury the first time.

you always complained about the show, and real talk...
you don't know shyt about zombies, breh.
romero is a foreign word to you.

art barr

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the problem is they wasted a lot of time with the farm and then the prison, so this character development is happening too little too late for some. it's understandable, but i still think it was a decent episode
the farm season and most of the prison season wasn't controlled by the same show runner. hell, the first two seasons had slower pacing and more character development; and people bytched. then season 3 came, and it was kill someone every episode w/o fleshing out their character; which caused people to also bytch.

this is the first show runner TWD has gotten where he's actually taking time to develop characters, while providing a bit of suspense and horror. especially for the black characters, cus if the last guy was in charge, all the blacks except michonne would be dead by now. so i appreciate the new guy more just for that. i understand y'all have a problem with the pacing but like i said earlier, it'll make a better season upon review.

i can watch season 1 all the way, even season 2 is a good watch; but i can't stand to even stomach season 3, and that's the season a lot of you dudes will claim was the best -- even though they killed off 4 characters prematurely and literally butchered the best story arc in the comics

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
i understand y'all have a problem with the pacing but like i said earlier, it'll make a better season upon review.

it's funny you say this because this season has been getting good reviews...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me get this straight. coli rather for them not to focus on developing the characters and just want to see a a thousand zombie deaths and have a main star or two die in some dramatic act every week? :stopitslime:

no. we got a problem when the character development is wack. and there is no reason to just focus on them two the whole episode. I'd rather they jump from group to group if they doing this bs.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Good episode to me. I like the character development eps :manny:

There was a lot of zombie action for the ADD crowd too.

Only thing that was :camby: was Beth taking her first sip of alcohol and her non reaction :dahell: im a heavy drinker and a sip of homemade moonshine like that would have my face looking like :sadbron:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good episode to me. I like the character development eps :manny:

There was a lot of zombie action for the ADD crowd too.

Only thing that was :camby: was Beth taking her first sip of alcohol and her non reaction :dahell: im a heavy drinker and a sip of homemade moonshine like that would have my face looking like :sadbron:

that and daryls homosexuality bothered me :dead: beth the kinda chick that claim to be a virgin that dont drunk or smoke, but she'll tears down a blunt and drink a 5th with no problem

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this show lost a season early on, to admin issues and a cash crunch.
so, now they are doing what you wanted them to do in the Sophia season.
now, you are complaining and every episode has been crack this season.
going all the way back to them finding getting into it with woodbury the first time.

you always complained about the show, and real talk...
you don't know shyt about zombies, breh.
romero is a foreign word to you.

art barr
Cool, now what was inaccurate about my post that you quoted?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i can watch season 1 all the way, even season 2 is a good watch; but i can't stand to even stomach season 3, and that's the season a lot of you dudes will claim was the best -- even though they killed off 4 characters prematurely and literally butchered the best story arc in the comics
:usure:

Who praised Season 3 like that on here? I think most recognize Season 1 as the best.