Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
one thing that has always bugged me about this show is the double-edge sword of the actual audio volume of the zombies.

they'll hear a zombie coming from a while away, or open a door to somewhere and hear one immediately. then sometimes a zombie will just hold their breath or go into ninja mode until they are literally over the shoulder of a character before letting out a nasally "Woowrrr"

It doesn't really make sense. I get that it's just a show, and people are poking at various inaccuracies anyway, but it's funny that they'll make zombies conveniently loud or conveniently silent at times.

if they're going for the scare factor, i would imagine that having the show a lot (visually) darker and being able to hear the zombie(s), but not SEE them until it's too late would provide for a lot of tension and scary moments without literally spawning zombies on people.

perfect post

I'm new to the show, and this has occurred in BOTH episodes this season. Its pissing me off, especially after my bajillionth time watching '28days later' last night. Consistency builds credibility. Like I can't even tell if the zombies are actually strong or if the stragglers are just weak either.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
:ohhh: at the lesbian broad being Hyde and Francis from Malcolm in the Middle's little sister

MV5BMTg3MjYxNTk4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQ1MTcyOQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just caught up & saw the last 2 episodes. I'm gonna go ahead & finish this season & jump back into the show when it's completely over, just to get some closure. I can see this show being on for years.

I know this show can do no wrong in many people eyes. They've found a formula that works & people watch it. I accept the show for what it is, but they gotta step their game up imo. In this era of tv, with so many high quality shows, why wouldn't you want to step your game up? I'm watching True Detective & House of Cards, etc. You got shows with no filler. Every episode is great. With walking dead, it's like filler, filler, filler, than a WOAH moment in a episode, or you can go numerous episodes of filler, filler, filler, than you get an AMAZING episode. I just feel this show should be better than what it is.

This recent episode was decent. Next week's episode looks interesting, but Walking Dead has way a way of making the following episodes appear better than they really are.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How so? It's nowhere near the damn comic. This season has only 6 more to go and you think they going to just skip the Alexandria season? Skip the epic battles that happen there to catch up to the comic has to be the stupidest thing said in this thread. .
:bryan:
Calm yo bytch ass down. I didn't say it was definitely gonna happen by season 5 I'm just surprised they introducing them already. They could've went to the Hunters Arc but they just skipped completely over that. No telling what else they skip next but you know they gonna introduce him soon.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Lizzie was the MVP of this episode for me...her descent into full-on serial killer is the most intriguing thing that was going on. She out in the woods shanking bunnies and smothering babies with that creepy ass grin on her face. Can't wait till she starts racking up more bodies and Carol can't hide that shyt anymore so that the group has to make a really hard decision on what to do with her.

I liked Michael Cuditz on Southland but he is not who I envisioned as playing the Abraham role. I always saw Ray Stevenson (Pullo from Rome) in the part when I was wishful casting in my head.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
The 2 hottest chicks are Michonne and Cutty sister :noah:

all those others looked like they're on borrowed time. :wow:

Who the hell is that army guy, I dont remember him? :damn:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why they zoom in on that tree? ?
The dead bunnies Lizzie killed were in those trees. The episode was done in an irregular timeline.
Darryl and Beth's scenes happened after the scenes with Tyreese and the kids which is why we saw the dead bunnies, the berries that Lizze and Mika dropped and the old dude with the rifle who told Tyresse and them about the sanctuary was the zombie that attacked Beth all ninja style in the woods.