Let me reminisce on the first wave of the Internet Hip-Hop scene 1996-2000

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the Real Audio battle scene was my thing but textceeing was something I was kinda into at one point too. Anyways...if anything below rings a bell to anyone, let it be known!:

CenterStage (Freesteelo ran the show) - a bunch of yall CunninLynguist dudes got your start on here like Dj Kno, Cashmere the PROfessional, Deacon the Villain etc

The old AOL crews like JFC FML TM MLC (That nikka JFCxSniper was looked at like the Rakim of AOL)

Sethro

HomegrownHipHopZone

I know this shyt sounds corny as fukk to you young cats but for some odd reason I feel like alot of yall motherfukkers from back then are on here and I would never know it.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Have you heard these dudes rap in 2013? If not whats the point of being dope textcees when you can't rhyme on a beat..I know all about that shyt..it looks good on paper..but as soon as they get on the mic they collapse...not me..I bust mics to combustion

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
I used to text battle... that shyt was fun as hell.
RBL and other leagues... I could never be the champ, but I was usually top 10 on any given site. But dudes like P-nut, John Dough, etc could fukk me up 85 outta 100 times. Every now and then I go back and look at the shyt and it aint what it used to be.

I remember they had an invite of the top 64 for like a march madness thing... with real prizes n shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
larry-holmes.jpg

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to text battle... that shyt was fun as hell.
RBL and other leagues... I could never be the champ, but I was usually top 10 on any given site. But dudes like P-nut, John Dough, etc could fukk me up 85 outta 100 times. Every now and then I go back and look at the shyt and it aint what it used to be.

I remember they had an invite of the top 64 for like a march madness thing... with real prizes n shyt.

yeah I remember that March Madness tournament.....they had all these textcees seeded and thrown in divisions and shyt. I was in and got ousted first round....this dude AlwaysLess ended up winning.