Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

sdizzy1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area!
Was hoping not to be disappointed since this entire page called it boring, but there was a point to those scenes that "dragged on"

The recovery, the progression he made, the will to survive just to seek vengeance was some powerful shyt.... ya'll are a trip saying this movie dragged on. Ya'll really just wanted to see Leo spring back to full health after being mauled to near death by a grizzly?

Hardy as a villain in this flick makes Bane look like Mother Teresa.

I hear you, but it just wasn't entertaining :yeshrug: The bear and Tom Hardy are what makes this movie worth a damn.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Was hoping not to be disappointed since this entire page called it boring, but there was a point to those scenes that "dragged on"

The recovery, the progression he made, the will to survive just to seek vengeance was some powerful shyt.... ya'll are a trip saying this movie dragged on. Ya'll really just wanted to see Leo spring back to full health after being mauled to near death by a grizzly?

I get what the movie was trying to do but his recovery just wasn't that compelling. It was still good, and I hope Leo gets that Oscar, but it's just not Best Movie status imo :manny:

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
Great cinematography. And Tom Hardy was pretty good. And Leo was Leo. Thats about it as far as the movie goes. Not that great. Not a single piece of memorable dialogue.

I dont see Leo getting an Oscar for this role. Weve seen him do this before: see leo crawling not able to use his legs, see leo battle with nature, see leo scream in agony.

Movie was only okay. It was long for no reason
Most honest and accurate review I've seen on this movie.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

It's not that they should rush through the progression you mention, but it wasn't exactly told in a very interesting way either and that hurt the movie. :yeshrug:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Incredible movie. Not the best movie of the year. The beauty of this movie is in the cinematography and just the sheer brilliance of the execution of how they filmed this thing with all natural light, etc. It really is one of the most amazing movies I've ever watched in terms of how it all looks. I can't imagine the effort that was needed to choreograph some of these complicated long takes.

The problem I had is that it felt like an endurance test to watch it. It's a brutal movie and maybe the idea was for you to suffer right alongside Leo, but to me the payoff didn't seem quite as awesome, because I just thought that besides Tom Hardy, there wasn't as much awesome dialogue and acting as I was hoping. Still a great great movie, and I hope Tom Hardy if not Leo both get something for it. It could've been 20-25 mins shorter and I would've liked it more, but it's also so beautiful that I can understand if they were a bit self-indulgent with the run time and wanting to show off all the awesome work they did.

Visually a gorgeous experience, decent story, Tom Hardy was fantastic, Leo was solid, but for the hype and expectations it did fall just a little short. It's still a very solid 4 out of 5 IMO, and maybe 4.5 depending on the mood. A little shorter and better dialogue would've upped it for me.

Also, I'm very very glad I didn't have the shyt luck to be born and have to live back in those days. What a fukking harsh way to have to live. One thing I did really love was
Tom Hardy's character is the antagonist, yes, but almost everything he did was very very logical in terms of wanting to survive.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
does Tom Hardy ever fail?

might be getting a best supporting oscar off this role

film did drag at times but it had a me hooked in all the fight scenes, that last fight was gruesome

sorry Leo not sure you will get it as that tranny shyt seems to be ahead

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing...doing the trailers, you would thought Leo would have the Oscar on lock. It was a good movie...but I dont think there was enough to seal the deal.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

funny thing this is a more believable Dark Knight Rise:russ:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Wow that was fantastic. The visuals, the whole scale, the acting. Some of you said you were bored but I was invested from the first minutes of the movie. I also like how the Native Americans were treated in this cause they were hard body the whole movie. Leo really gave his all. Not a lot of dialouge but this was clearly the most physical performance of his career. Hardy has litterally jumped up my list movie after movie.

The man is just a really solid actor. The Bear scene is going to give me nightmares, no lie, that sh!t was beyond intense and just when you think it's over, it just keeps going and going. The movie kinda reminded me Mel Gibson's "Apocolypto". It was that raw. Will leo finally bring it home? I don't know, this would be his 5th Nomination. Pacino got nominated 8 times before he took it home.

Based on what I've seen this year Leo clearly had one of the best performances of the year so we will see as award season roles around. Honestly I've been watching Leo for 25 years. I feel like I grew up with him because I've been watching his work for so long. What a great followup after the success of "Birdman". What I liked about this role is Leo really channalled himself. It was a great survival against all odds type of movie.

ca59e40b0ec1b8b644deb191145d939a.gif

12317423_713245362109303_1811966942_n.jpg

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
8/10

Beautiful cinematography and the bear scene was legendary.

:comeon:Leo does not deserve an Oscar nod for this. He spent a large chunk of the movie on a gurney with his only dialog coming from grunts.

Hardy was good but Goggins' performance in H8 was superior.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
does Tom Hardy ever fail?

might be getting a best supporting oscar off this role

film did drag at times but it had a me hooked in all the fight scenes, that last fight was gruesome

sorry Leo not sure you will get it as that tranny shyt seems to be ahead
picks his roles with thought and puts in work..he knows the deal and is getting there.
what's going on with christain bale?

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
This movie wont win shyt (witch is sad).... Birdman won last year and that movie was like a j cole album. No way this movie will win any major Awards. I wonder if the dead horse carcass was real and the buffalo one as well

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
This movie wont win shyt (witch is sad).... Birdman won last year and that movie was like a j cole album. No way this movie will win any major Awards. I wonder if the dead horse carcass was real and the buffalo one as well
What you mean by j cole movie?