Legendary Dragon ball (Z and Super) creator Akira Toriyama has passed away

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Never watched the show like that, but respect. Dude had an insane influence on modern media and not just animation.

I think I've seen only one full episode in my life but already know from plenty of shows and movies I've seen that so many scenes and themes from that show or something it influenced as well as references from songs.

For example one of my favorite producer's profile pic is Dragon Ball.

Last edited:

It's been real

God of Destruction | CatSet General
Daps
No :mjcry:

Word was that behind the scenes he was secretly working on Yamcha’s redemption arc. It was supposed to chronicle his rise from Z Fighter jobber to one of the powerful beings in the universe. Even rivaling @Lord Beerus

The Wolf Fang Fist was finally going to be given the respect it’s due

yamcha-wolf-fang-fist.gif

Ghatdammit :why: This deals a great blow to all of the Yamcha stans worldwide. :sadcam: Everyone hashtag #wolffangfistset. Hopefully we can get some momentum to get his Mangum Opus completed
3636a65e89580fd50b623aab4b311eb62926dc5b_hq.gif

My nikka a midget cueball ass nikka is stronger than yamcha the jobber :mjlol:

Mans lost the bag with Bulma, and got KOed with his famous death stance in a damn exhibition baseball game :dead:

Also R.I.P

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
3636a65e89580fd50b623aab4b311eb62926dc5b_hq.gif

My nikka a midget cueball ass nikka is stronger than yamcha the jobber :mjlol:

Mans lost the bag with Bulma, and got KOed with his famous death stance in a damn exhibition baseball game :dead:

Also R.I.P
WolfFangFistSet took a L. We will be back tho :mjcry:

D0sewyX.gif

We are currently working on getting Yamcha added to the new Mortal Kombat game. We also got other projects in motion to get the Desert Prince the recognition he deserves.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
The problem with International Channel was that it wasn't subtitled. I have no idea why they played it raw when they played The Slayers subtitled. Man, them good ol days. :wow:

You on that old school tip.

I started to become too impatient. They were taking too long to dub DBZ. My friends and I decided to watch that shyt straight English subtitled on terrible quality Real Player video shyt.

We were passing around subtitled DBZ movies with awful quality around like it was candy. These were crude subtitled shyt. They added curse words and everything. This was 2000 and we were aghast at Broly. :wow:

I was over my DBZ phase in 2001 by the time the final ep aired. They just took fukking forever.
Looking through this thread it’s crazy how much so many of our lives and relationship with DBZ parallel with each other cause I can relate to all of this.

I got impatient too and got out of that phase around the same time. I hit 8th grade in 01’ and my interests were going more towards sports and girls. I ain’t really watch much DBZ again till I put my son’s on about 6-7 years ago.

But let me tell you, from about 96-2000, it ran my life.

It’s funny talking about this reminded me how watching the original version ruined the english version for me. To this day I’ll only watch the original, subtitles or no subtitles lol.

This shyt right here used to get me hyped, the GOAT theme song of any animated series ever IMO

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
seeing all of the fall out and tributes, i think DBZ might be the most popular show of all time, not just anime. the millennial generation is basically the same size as the boomer generation and it seems to have touched most people in some way across the entire world.:wow:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RIP
Got me into drawing as a kid
Prior to broadcasting on Toonami, remember being introduced to DBZ on WB11 in NY
While in elementary taking turns borrowing my homies japanese dubbed VHS tapes back in ‘97

Haven’t watched much of it since middle school I’ma have to download the torrent or purchase the blurays somewhere

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cool story. Late 2022 I was able to cop the DBZ box set of the manga.
IMG-1049.jpg

Growing up I only experienced the story through the anime and the games but let me tell you the manga hits different. No filler. Just amazing art and action and I read it with the Faulconer OST playing in the background.:wow: I implore you brehs to read the manga if you haven’t.:ohlawd: