Legacy and Eastern Conference Supremacy | Official 76ers (#3) vs. Celtics (#2) East Semifinals Thread

Your winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

:mjlol: They have NO respect for this bytch ass nikka

It's really gonna be a "because it worked" type of thing, but that was a huge gamble that looked bad more than it looked good at time progressed imo. 6ers didn't have an answer for most of the 1st but once 76ers started attacking from the corners, that strategy looked bad IMO :manny:
Unfortunately, Doc swapped Niang out for PJ in the 4th, who couldn't keep it up, and Melton just couldn't make shots.

Tl;dr shyt wasn't as an easy a decision for Muzz as they're saying it was

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's really gonna be a "because it worked" type of thing, but that was a huge gamble that looked bad more than it looked good at time progressed imo. 6ers didn't have an answer for most of the 1st but once 76ers started attacking from the corners, that strategy looked bad IMO :manny:
Unfortunately, Doc swapped Niang out for PJ in the 4th, who couldn't keep it up, and Melton just couldn't make shots.

Tl;dr shyt wasn't as an easy a decision for Muzz as they're saying it was
We held them to 85 points and Rob had the highest +/- in the game. They were a top defense with that lineup last year. It's a proven formula for the C's :yeshrug:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I think this prolly the simplest choke job I've seen in the NBA in a minute

1. Doc needed to take Maxey out after the first Tatum switch where he scored on him. They survived with that matchup in this game before that, but you gotta adjust to what's actually happen.
2. Just missed shots down the stretch. Literally that simple. Once they pretty much had their foot on the Cs neck, space was created by taking Niang out and putting Melton in. I understand putting Tucker in tho, just bc you wanted to account for Tatum. I personally woulda put House in before Melton, who at least succeeded in putting some pressure on the rim in his minutes today

I think that's actually it tbh. Harden took some "I'm being rushed shots" as the game slipped but he found open dudes. I really don't remember Joel doing much of much late in the 4th. Maybe they shoulda found some way to assert themselves scoring wise, but the paint was packed

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
We held them to 85 points and Rob had the highest +/- in the game. They were a top defense with that lineup last year. It's a proven formula for the C's :yeshrug:
They was up 15-3 or so before the 6ers showed any pulse, and they won the game by 9, so I don't think changing it up was a bad idea or anything. It's just one of those things that statistically is going to look like it was a no brainer, but while watching the game, I could see why Muzz didn't do it (primarily after the first quarter). You get the version of Philly that was knocking down everything open and give them the defensive style that was played today and its a 20 point L.

All that being said, it was clearly preferable to what they've been running the last few games for the players on the team, and sometimes you just gotta ride out what they want

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON

People will say anything in this forum. Celtics had life when Rob was on the floor. He altered so many shots, made Sixers kick out because his presence in the paint and was a +18 for the game. Every time he went out the Sixers went on a run. Sixers scored 85 points in a game in 2023.

Last edited:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Ben Simmons is trash, but he got an unfair amount of criticism for the 76ers' choke job versus Atlanta...River/Embiid got off easy by making Simmons the scapegoat...If Philly loses this series I hope Rivers/Emniid gets called out....or maybe they'll just blame Harden.

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Holly shyt Doc Rivers is really the WOAT

The only positive thing for Sixers is that Boston got like only 50% wins at home.

But that don't change the fact that Rivers is really the WOAT.