Learning how to CUT your own HAIR is a great self-investment

Daps
I used to cut my hair for years. Learned in high school when a young breh was broke. Became good at it but once I found a barber years later when I had to go to a wedding I never went back to cutting my hair lol I’ll keep my mid fade and my barber a good dude. But I went from getting a cut like 2, 3x a month to 1x and the other week I’ll just do my tape.

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
Man, I've been cutting my son's heads and mine for years now. I almost went to the barber the other day, but for what? Just having the ability to cut your hair at any time is such a life saver... Got a date? No problem, just run your fade and head out... Don't have to wait in no long ass line.

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
Been my own barber since i was a teen. Nobody could ever cut my hair or trim my beard better than me. And don't say my beard aint luxurious when you know it is bytch.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i bet some of ya'll in here can give yourselves a decent cut but i bet there's quite a few that think they doing it but walking around with half finished fades and jacked up hair lines but no one is telling you ish.
not on my part, 3 of my friends are barbers and brutally honest and even admit theres no point me going to a barber anymore

you people act like fading is an art, shyt is insanely easy to do.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
not on my part, 3 of my friends are barbers and brutally honest and even admit theres no point me going to a barber anymore

you people act like fading is an art, shyt is insanely easy to do.

true but sheeiit even "barbers" who cut at barber shops be serving up weak ass cuts....you know the jokes about being next and there's an open chair and you're like nah imma wait for my guy.......it's even more apparent now with barbers showing off cuts on IG...I've seen some turrible cuts being posted...and the barbers be legit bragging :snoop:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I bought some clippers and an Andis Outliner, like 9 years ago. I still went to the barber for a while, but now it's been over 2 yeasrs since I've been in a barbershop, if not longer. I just cut it low and my line ups are decent. Yeah a barber would have it looking better, but I'm not paying $23 a week on haircuts.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Nahhh not true, most ppl just don’t adjust their clippers to hit hard and pair that with a straight razor you’ll look just the same because it’s the same method barbers uses.

You can even buy clippers that’s pre sharpen and adjusted now.

Yeah, out the box, liners aren't adjusted to cut very close. You'll need to manually adjust the absolute "zero" setting of them to get a truly good line quality from them.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I answered... Yes
Let's see that forehead action playa. I have no idea how you doing a bald fade by yourself unless your name is Goro.

Best most of us can hope for cutting our own hair is a respectable line. The rest, all even

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's see that forehead action playa. I have no idea how you doing a bald fade by yourself unless your name is Goro.

Best most of us can hope for cutting our own hair is a respectable line. The rest, all even
breh its crazy easy, its called mirrors, when I first started shyt was wild cause I was moving my hand one way but it was going the wrong way getting messed up by the reflection. but you can see how people cut their own hair on youtube, go check jeezy360

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
:manny:Wife usually cuts my hair. The savings while maintaining my fade:wow:
damn this reminded me of my first gf.. she used to give me dope ceasar's and a crisp line :whew:

she was nervous as shyt at first cos i barked on her for pushing my shyt back Bron style the first time.. but when she got it:ooh:

damm:mjcry:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
damn this reminded me of my first gf.. she used to give me dope ceasar's and a crisp line :whew:

she was nervous as shyt at first cos i barked on her for pushing my shyt back Bron style the first time.. but when she got it:ooh:

damm:mjcry:

Lol my wife was like that at first when she first cut my hair. We were dead broke and I didn't have the funds to get a cut, so she was like fukk it. The friggin lady used a razor and sissors:mjcry::merchant:. When she was done, I almost filed my divorce papers making me look like a smoker on a Sunday stroll:camby:. Thankfully, she copped some clippers and hook the dude up :smugbiden:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
i enjoy going to the shop and just hearing whatever fukkery is being talked about in there, and most people don’t really have time to learn how to cut themselves up, rather just pay the 15 and kim.

and y’all better learn to stop going to the barbershop on saturdays when it’s nothing but single moms and teenagers :mjlol:

shyt...I wish it was still 15 :francis:
i bet some of ya'll in here can give yourselves a decent cut but i bet there's quite a few that think they doing it but walking around with half finished fades and jacked up hair lines but no one is telling you ish.
FACTS