Learning how to CUT your own HAIR is a great self-investment

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I've been doing my own fade and line up for a couple months now. It's nowhere as clean as my barber does, but i just don't have the time or energy to go all the way across town a couple times a month anymore. I fukked my shyt off a little the first five or six times, but I can give myself a reliable one in under 30 minutes these days.

I use an Oster Fast Feed and Wahl Pro Detailer, but I wish I had gone with the Andis Master instead of the Oster for the clippers. I really like the Detailer for my line ups though.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
I cut my own hair. Evened out ceasar. but if it's a wedding or something I'll go to my barber and get faded.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
and all the nikkas sayin they been cuttin their hair.. talking like its easy. are yall lining yourselves up or nah??
Hardest part to be honest. I've been cutting my own hair for a little over a year now and I'm still uneasy about my lining technique. I prob need to see a professional to get my lining reset :sadcam: but I don't miss sitting in a shop all Saturday morning or getting acquainted with a new barber.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Been cutting my own hair since high school so over 10 years now. I used to line myself up but stopped caring tbh :yeshrug:. Ran the fade on myself a couple of times. I'm looking at getting a new set of clippers in the next few months.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Going to start cutting my own hair. The cost and time doesn't bothet me, it's the hygiene. I'm a UK breh :mjcry:

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Nah....You'll never get that crisp line up. You'll always have that one week old line up look.

It doesn't matter what type of clippers you have, Walmart shyts or Andis T-Outliners.

You need the pros work.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i enjoy going to the shop and just hearing whatever fukkery is being talked about in there, and most people don’t really have time to learn how to cut themselves up, rather just pay the 15 and kim.

and y’all better learn to stop going to the barbershop on saturdays when it’s nothing but single moms and teenagers :mjlol:

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
I have naturally sparse hair. Ain't shyt a noob can get right. The wrong cut, too short on top and ya boy looking fresh off chemotherapy. :mjcry:

I'd rather trust the professionals. I handle my beard tho.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
i've been rocking a baldy for a minute....but i damn sure miss going to the barber shop to get a crispy cut and sharp shape up.:noah: :to:talking shyt with the fellas, catching up with old friends.....the feeling stepping out, your whole walk is different, you drive different....you starting getting more active with the texts with shorties...:mjgrin:

i was in a barber shop a little while back for the first time to do a shoot and the clubman talc powder and alcohol brought back instant nostalgia :mjcry:

but im kinda glad my weak hair retention kicked in when it did cause these prices im hearing about these days :picard::huhldup::whew:

Daps
Nah....You'll never get that crisp line up. You'll always have that one week old line up look.

It doesn't matter what type of clippers you have, Walmart shyts or Andis T-Outliners.

You need the pros work.
Nahhh not true, most ppl just don’t adjust their clippers to hit hard and pair that with a straight razor you’ll look just the same because it’s the same method barbers uses.

You can even buy clippers that’s pre sharpen and adjusted now.