Lavar Tried To Son The GOAT, But The Ball In MJ's Court Now: Charlotte Hornets 2020-21 Season Thread

Whats The Outlook Of The 2020-21 Season Looking Like??

• Top 5 Lottery Pick Again

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Young & Showing Promise

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Middle Of The Pack

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Overachieving, Playoff Bound

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
:mjlol:

I like watching y'all team, way more than I like watching mine, being the Pistons. I'm never reconciling the fact that Jerami Grant is the best player on it. That said, this is just a fact of life about me, I absolutely hate watching incompetence. The Hornets, far too much, have long strengths where you just sit there and look like :stopitslime:. I'm not emotionally invested in the team at all, there is just a lot of stupid shyt that the team does. Yeah, the team is young, etc but some of this stuff is just inexcusable. I know that the team is towards the bottom in talent but a lot of times, the Hornets are in games late. Rozier is proving game over game that he isn't to be relied on to be a close out player. Get some people on the wing for Lamelo to operate with and y'all will take off. Until that happens, there are still routes to win, just a lesser amount but calling a spade a spade, they simply do dumb shyt and that is including the coach and his rotations. The ascent of the team got them in the spotlight and I don't think he can handle this pressure as they didn't think they were going to be in the playoff now and initially, they didn't haven't expectations. That said, I'm off to play XSX now. However, this was a winnable game for Charlotte.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
JB is basically Roy without a championship ring. He's just going to do shyt because he can even if it doesn't make sense. :mjlol:
breh even nassir little felt comfortable enough to get 4 threes up on us :skip: if that ain't a sign that you ain't guarding shyt then i don't know what is
Can someone explain the sitting of Zeller and Hayward... just wondering
they hurt

cody is held together with duct tape and hayward's been banged up for weeks now. dude was trying to play through hand and back injuries since january. he should've been iced for a while tbh

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
breh even nassir little felt comfortable enough to get 4 threes up on us :skip: if that ain't a sign that you ain't guarding shyt then i don't know what is

they hurt

cody is held together with duct tape and hayward's been banged up for weeks now. dude was trying to play through hand and back injuries since january. he should've been iced for a while tbh
I can't even donate to the Rams club after tonight's fukkery. :unimpressed:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:mjlol:

I like watching y'all team, way more than I like watching mine, being the Pistons. I'm never reconciling the fact that Jerami Grant is the best player on it. That said, this is just a fact of life about me, I absolutely hate watching incompetence. The Hornets, far too much, have long strengths where you just sit there and look like :stopitslime:. I'm not emotionally invested in the team at all, there is just a lot of stupid shyt that the team does. Yeah, the team is young, etc but some of this stuff is just inexcusable. I know that the team is towards the bottom in talent but a lot of times, the Hornets are in games late. Rozier is proving game over game that he isn't to be relied on to be a close out player. Get some people on the wing for Lamelo to operate with and y'all will take off. Until that happens, there are still routes to win, just a lesser amount but calling a spade a spade, they simply do dumb shyt and that is including the coach and his rotations. The ascent of the team got them in the spotlight and I don't think he can handle this pressure as they didn't think they were going to be in the playoff now and initially, they didn't haven't expectations. That said, I'm off to play XSX now. However, this was a winnable game for Charlotte.
My family has had season tickets since day one. I copped a new place down the street from the stadium.

I'm in my feelings. It's all good. :lolbron:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Gotta find a way to get over the .500 hump

like 5 damn teams in the East all knotted up at .500 and it’s gonna be like this back and forth for the rest of the season.

once again, Melo did what he needed to do but the damn rookie can’t throw the cape on and magically solve shyt with these confusing lineups.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Gotta find a way to get over the .500 hump

like 5 damn teams in the East all knotted up at .500 and it’s gonna be like this back and forth for the rest of the season.

once again, Melo did what he needed to do but the damn rookie can’t throw the cape on and magically solve shyt with these confusing lineups.
no. no we don't

im very happy missing the playoffs and getting a lottery pick and maybe even a new coach to go along with it :russ:

we have one of the worst perimeter defending teams of all time and you want us in the playoffs? :mjlol: for what? :mjlol: as soon as ball locks up rookie of the year, we need to shut him and hayward down IMMEDIATELY

ain't nobody trying to see lamelo play 40 minutes a night for the privilege of getting curb stomped by philly in the first round

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
My family has had season tickets since day one. I copped a new place down the street from the stadium.

I'm in my feelings. It's all good. :lolbron:

I know that feeling fam and you have every right to be. Like, there are times when you are a long time fan, especially of a suffering franchise, you see glimmers of hope. Lamelo falling to your lap is a gift. You all have a prodigy at the point. I already think he's the best player on the team and the one who should rightfully have the ball in his hands most of the time and smooths out some of those bad stretches. I know that he is only 19 but he plays with the most poise. He will have those bad games here and there as he is super young. I get that but I sincerely wonder what the team is thinking long term with Terry and Gordon, I don't know anymore. I think at least one of them has to go. There isn't a point to have a PG like that and then run ISOS. Pick and Pops or Pick and Fades. Damn near 4 corners on teams if you have a line up that can do that. I've said over a month ago that Malik Monk should be playing more as he's the best slasher to the hoop the Hornets have and of late, he shoots threes better than everyone. I suggested earlier in this thread that Miles should become a better three point shooter, if he does, that remains to be seen but without Melo on the court looking for him or getting put backs, he appears to be a liability on the court offensively. PJ is a 4, I don't know what to make of the twins and Devonte isn't the one.

This team is already Lamelo's, the front office needs to do their part. I truly feel like you are on the cusp of something great but that requires shaking the Etch-A-Sketch board and starting over. Expectations are different now, people want to watch the Hornets on National TV because they see the potential too because it is evident and in spite of the coaching. I just hope that the Hornets FO has the balls to do what needs to be done here because It is show and prove time for them.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
no. no we don't

im very happy missing the playoffs and getting a lottery pick and maybe even a new coach to go along with it :russ:

we have one of the worst perimeter defending teams of all time and you want us in the playoffs? :mjlol: for what? :mjlol: as soon as ball locks up rookie of the year, we need to shut him and hayward down IMMEDIATELY

ain't nobody trying to see lamelo play 40 minutes a night for the privilege of getting curb stomped by philly in the first round

oh a new coach is coming. I’ve been saying all season to get Jason Kidd and the Tex Winter hologram.

this lottery shyt ain’t happening for the Hornets. Melo is not tanking and the Pistons/Twolves don’t even have to try to be shytty this year. It’s a wrap.

Hornets got lock up that 4 or 5 seed, slap up the Knicks and fukk up someone’s second round in the East.