Latto's 1st Week Sales Projections For "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" Are Here

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
she fine as fuhk tho... I dont really why sales is discussed anymore. 27K is how many streams again? like 33 million??

thats a fuhking lot of listeners

banner34

Superstar
Daps
First week numbers are not what they used to be.

Yet old heads only look at first week sales, do you know how many streams you need to sell like 100-200k? We talking like 300 million streams.

If you album is good it will keep on streaming though. Kendrick Lamar has 2 albums in the top 50 doing 30k+ combined. And one of them is like 12 years old.

If you can sell 10k per week over a year you go gold, 20k platinum.
None of the new artists albums are continuously streaming like how kendrick lamar old ablums are still streaming

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crazy latto and meg are carrying the torch for the genre selling flop numbers from the 00’s

gen z/alpha doesnt care about rap

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Idk how her selling 1k less than ice spice is a flop honestly. They shouldn't be that close at all. I think you've overstating how famous latto is and what her sell range is. I think her doing so close numbers to my baby is big
Latto has had multiple big singles. So has ice spice. Both are flops.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
That’s why Cardi B scared to drop

U listen to one hoe talking about they p*ssy sweet, ass is phat and nikkas getting jacked, u heard them all

These females all talking about sister power and sisters running hip hop but these bytches moving albums like the wnba trying to get viewers

Nobody paying attention

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
None of the new artists albums are continuously streaming like how kendrick lamar old ablums are still streaming
Who is a new artist?

Durk, Baby, Metro, Future, Nicki, Cole and them are all going platinum or platinum plus

Drake just went 8x and 7x platinum with Scorpion and Views.

Lattos last album went gold, Cardi Bs album went 4x last year.

But more than albums a lot of these artists have many times platinum singles, shyt like WAP went 8x platinum

banner34

Superstar
Daps
Who is a new artist?

Durk, Baby, Metro, Future, Nicki, Cole and them are all going platinum or platinum plus

Drake just went 8x and 7x platinum with Scorpion and Views.

Lattos last album went gold, Cardi Bs album went 4x last year.

But more than albums a lot of these artists have many times platinum singles, shyt like WAP went 8x platinum
Durk, baby, future, and cardi b are not new artists.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
They are new to me.

I don't know any other major label rappers except the names of those stripper rappers that Joe Budden like.

Point is that a lot of rappers are selling records, that some unknown rappers without a real following dont sell records is not different from how it's ever been.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
people dont support female rappers the same way the WNBA doesn't get support

but at the same time, chic like Lotto don't have that much star power or mainstream influence. Shes just TikTok famous to a degree.

Its the same issue as to why nikkas like Dave East do the same kinda numbers

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Imma be honest that it doesn't help that a lot of it is straight trash. And the ones making good music aren't the mainstream type. Tyler is probably the closest one and even then. Vince could definitely be one but all of em are in the 2010s class.

Babytron could be it. X, Drakeo and Juice were definitely it. Idk how they see the obvious similarity between them but also assuming they can't do that and all these new rappers are dealers with money.

Bigx, Mexican OT, babytron, skilla baby, etc are definitely leading the new school

Idk how her selling 1k less than ice spice is a flop honestly. They shouldn't be that close at all. I think you've overstating how famous latto is and what her sell range is. I think her doing so close numbers to my baby is big
Idk them other nikkas but what new school babytron and skilla leading? They'll kill for these numbers

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
These numbers also point out that the love a lot of female fans show online is just fake love. I don’t even agree with the shyt Nicki do, but she sold 200k without a single.

The female support online is not the same support that is received in real life. Also meg sold 65k first week, which is almost more then Ice, Latto, and Sexy Red put together and people called Meg a flop.

Maybe we need to lower the expectations of artists because the numbers are getting lower and lower. :yeshrug:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
They are new to me.

I don't know any other major label rappers except the names of those stripper rappers that Joe Budden like.

Point is that a lot of rappers are selling records, that some unknown rappers without a real following dont sell records is not different from how it's ever been.
Well unfortunately youre a nobody @Harry B so you dont get to make the rules on whose new and who isnt. None of those artists listed are new.

Just cause theyre new to you cause you one of the biggest dweebs on this site doesnt mean they are