Latto's 1st Week Sales Projections For "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" Are Here

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Hold on a sec... before anyone says "this ain't bad..." think about all of the promotion that Ice Spice and Latto have received and they are barely sniffin 20k..

Now think of someone like I don't know Don Tolliver... his album just did like 75K first week...

Meaning... that an artist like Don Tolliver did as much in his first week as Ice Spice, Latto and Sexxy Redd COMBINED.... :russ:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I agree, but it isn't even thot rap it's rap as a whole. There's going to be no more new rap superstars coming out, the days of that happening are over. Realistically in 2024 how many rappers can even hit the 100k mark when an album comes out first week.

Eminem- from the 90's
Nicki Minaj- 2010's
Kendrick Lamar- 2010's
J Cole- 2010's
Drake-2010's
Travis Scott- 2010's
Future- 2010's
Yeah if the “stars” ain’t selling now ain’t no hope for the future. I’d be shocked if there’s a pivot to a different style of hiphop and people gravitate towards it. Hiphop is in trouble

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah if the “stars” ain’t selling now ain’t no hope for the future. I’d be shocked if there’s a pivot to a different style of hiphop and people gravitate towards it. Hiphop is in trouble
The stars still are selling though. That’s the point.

A lot of people being trotted out here just aren’t that.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hold on a sec... before anyone says "this ain't bad..." think about all of the promotion that Ice Spice and Latto have received and they are barely sniffin 20k..

Now think of someone like I don't know Don Tolliver... his album just did like 75K first week...

Meaning... that an artist like Don Tolliver did as much in his first week as Ice Spice, Latto and Sexxy Redd COMBINED.... :russ:

Don Tolliver actually makes good music though and has proven it with several albums. The newest one goes crazy too. None of those broads have a joint like this on their album :

Ice Spice got about 2-3 singles talkin about fecal matter :francis:

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Imma be honest that it doesn't help that a lot of it is straight trash. And the ones making good music aren't the mainstream type. Tyler is probably the closest one and even then. Vince could definitely be one but all of em are in the 2010s class.

Babytron could be it. X, Drakeo and Juice were definitely it. Idk how they see the obvious similarity between them but also assuming they can't do that and all these new rappers are dealers with money.

Bigx, Mexican OT, babytron, skilla baby, etc are definitely leading the new school

Idk how her selling 1k less than ice spice is a flop honestly. They shouldn't be that close at all. I think you've overstating how famous latto is and what her sell range is. I think her doing so close numbers to my baby is big
X and Juice definitely were on there way it's a shame their lives were taken just before they reach that status.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
You’re right bruh

If we don’t include the brehs from the 2010s - I can’t think of an era defining rapper of the 2020s. I love Thug/Carti/Kodak but even they debuted and released most of their best shyt pre 2020. The only true post 2020 rapper I can think of that has released well rounded projects on a mainstream level would be Yeat :francis: And I like the kid but he’s nowhere near the level of the guys we just mentioned.

I read something recently about postmodernism in art and I think we’ve reached the zenith of hip hop (although it will go on). It usually takes 100 years for an art form to reach its peak through the lens of postmodernists but we’re right at that 50 year point in hip hop and it makes sense to me.
Kodak was the one until he started doing dumb ass shyt to fukk up his potential, now I don't know if bruh coming or going looking like a dope fiend. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Don Tolliver actually makes good music though and has proven it with several albums. The newest one goes crazy too. None of those broads have a joint like this on their album :

Ice Spice got about 2-3 singles talkin about fecal matter :francis:

I'm not debating that.... his album was dope tbh.... my thing is these thot rap women ain't stars and I'd bet that they owe the labels a lot of fukking money at this point lol

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Thot Rap bout to be done. Hopefully by this time next year it’ll be a couple new female rappers bringin somethin to the table

None of these broads can craft albums but the labels know they can’t live off singles

She’ll be in a new “lane” in the next couple years :francis:

Nope. Cost the label nothing to sign up these birds.

Any "positive" type of female rappers have been left in the dust.

Look at Tink. She came in with a Timbaland backing and was dropped and forgotten

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This is a flop. Not trying to hear no more bodacious rap from her. :camby: Ice Spice and Latto may as well make a song together at this point.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Meh.

I just wanna see the videos.

nairaman-pg13.gif

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It almost feels like modern mainstream rappers (especially female) aren't expected to really sell at all. The album eventually drops as a means of legitimizing their existence as something other than a business vehicle to push different products through

The money is made through the big singles, monetization on IG,Tiktok, YouTube and running endorsement deals through them. Even the tours are failing because they aren't cultivating artists that people care to see. Only scroll over and tap sometimes which asks nothing of the listener

It's all content, and we get a new season or batch, every year or so