_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
Latina Magazine made a list of things that are wrong about the Tv Show Empire
http://latina.com/entertainment/tv/t...p-hop-industry

10 THINGS ‘EMPIRE’ GETS WRONG ABOUT THE HIP-HOP INDUSTRY
4. Where are the Latinos?Though it’s an exciting, juicy, melodramatic show, Empire does the Latino community a huge disservice by positioning the entire hip-hop business as black and white — literally. In the pilot episode, when Lucious announces the upcoming IPO, he looks upon a conference room filled with black executives, with only two or three white businessmen in the group. The same is true of the A&R executives over which Anika (played by Grace Gealey) presides in the “False Imposition” episode. There are plenty of Latino publicists, managers, agents, lawyers, and executives within every record label, so why don't we seeany on the show? Not a single one? C’mon now! To ignore the Latino community in a series centered on hip-hop music is to perpetuate the myth that, somehow, we weren’t involved in the birth and evolution of this genre, which is not only offensive, but also inaccurate.
Author who wrote this: CELIA SAN MIGUEL

Thank god Hip-Hop left NY. Those NY black folks let these people get too bold. Rap for the last 12-13 years has been in The Dirty South. So they haven't had shyt to do with this genre for the longest. Afro Latinos going in on them in the comments section too.

Last edited:

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
You see no black people in the telenovas lol Come on

When black people were doing hip hop they were the first non blacks join that's all.
Even when Rap went out West during the G-Funk era(who did the rap thing a little better no offense) the Latinos didn't have shyt to do with that either.

Last edited:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
HSUH.gif

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
Do these dusky Latinos actually think they had something to do with hiphop?:heh: Lol fukk outta here. Hiphop is solely black created just like 90% of every music genre out there. Just because some Puerto Rican fukks did some break dancing doesn't mean they had somethig to do with it.

Motherfukkers always trying to hang on our coat tails for the good things and abandon us during the bad times. :pacspit:

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
Cam7 hours ago
Please. You largely ignore the blacks in the Latino community. Never does Latino people want to be associated with anything black except when it's successful. Where are the Afro Latinas/Latinos on your television stations and shows? Usually they only play domestics or criminals. This coming from someone with Latina blood in them. You never put us into anything of yours, why are so mad about this?

From the comments section. Reminds me when they were trying to claim Lupita("crispy" :mjpls: @bcrusaderw ) as a Mexican when she won her Oscar, but she blew them off.

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
she needs to gtfo with that bullshyt. I can guarantee you there are only 5% of afro-ricans (either playing maids or raggaton mcs) on rican soaps and movies. she better sit her clown ass down.

I just finished empire literally 5 min ago, and I noticed the only 2 white people I saw in this ep, was ol boy wife and the white maid. :pachaha:

maybe now they can know how it feels.