Latino Fans Are Moved By "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Actor Tenoch Huerta's Comments At Comic-Con

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
You a non black Latino aint you? :mjpls:

And that isn’t an answer to the question sir.

Why couldn’t Namor be an Afro-Latino? :mjpls:

Or is that not “Spanish” enough or authentic for you? :mjpls:
I’m black, dummy. I can trace my grandparents 3 gens back.

Nobody said blacks can’t be Latino. It’s just the fact Coogler decided to base namor from the Aztec/Mayans. U know? Before cacs came over and wiped them. Which means it was before the slave trade.

You’d know that if u weren’t too stupid to use the internet right in front of you

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Black Panther is a superhero story created and funded by White people. So they will tell the story how they please. We have already seen what they do when they tell any of our other stories from Harriet to American Gods (Anansi actor being fired). Make the story too Black, and their non-Black audiences get uncomfortable.

So, what I am saying is that if we want stories to be told that are uncompromisingly pro-Black, we will have to create and fund them ourselves. Whomever of us gets together to do that will have to be willing to forgo a big payday from it, because the majority of the world quite frankly does not want to see us in a positive light unless we are subservient to someone else's interests or fighting ourselves. Though there is enough of us to supply a good ROI from the various projects that could be created, if what is produced are high quality efforts.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im surprised there arent gay characters the way they like pile all this shyt on Black folks..
michaela-coel-wakanda-forever-c949b90.jpg

november2016part2feature.jpg

e4a0f5eccb909f422b300d848fd3d9ba0c672563.pnj

michaela coel and florence kasumba hugged basically teasing their relationship in the movie

FYZyXFqWIAIYb9m

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They did the same thing to static what they doing to black panther

that static shock show as the most popular show on kids W, and they derailed it

you have to understand they do not want positive images for black kids to see themselves

that's why black panther was an important movie, Spawn is a grotesque character who went to Hell to get his powers, he's not a superhero, blade isn't a superhero, it was a martial arts movie about an anti-hero

black panther was big for a reason, because it was a positive image of a powerful black man with integrity and honor, and they do not want black kids to see themselves in that light because they will start to think differently, signs and symbols are for the conscious minds

Chadwick's brother even came out and said his brother would want T'Challa recast, and they are actually destroying his work by not bringing back the character
You make the most epic smart dumb posts on this forum consistently.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That's my exact point. Bullshyt Telemundo novellas are watched almost exclusively by senior aged Puerto Rican women. They have absolutely no appeal because they don't reflect reality. Latin American produced shows that include a ethnically diverse cast are what shows up on Netflix. Audiences today, especially those much younger than you, want to see modern, inclusive TV and film. They don't want Telemundo.

I'm not shocked in the slightest Disney execs would make a move and determine that they can't financially sustain the franchise as a "black movie." That was a one-off phenomena. Like someone else said they're setting this all up to include the entire MCU into the franchise.

This is false breh.

Telemundo’s current core audience are 18-34 year olds :mjpls:

The non black Latinos are not interested in seeing black Latinos in their productions :mjpls:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
You a non black Latino aint you? :mjpls:

And that isn’t an answer to the question sir.

Why couldn’t Namor be an Afro-Latino? :mjpls:

Or is that not “Spanish” enough or authentic for you? :mjpls:
This almost qualifies for smart dumbness, but it's just dumbness. You do understand that Namor is Atlantean, don't you?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's my exact point. Bullshyt Telemundo novellas are watched almost exclusively by senior aged Puerto Rican women. They have absolutely no appeal because they don't reflect reality. Latin American produced shows that include a ethnically diverse cast are what shows up on Netflix. Audiences today, especially those much younger than you, want to see modern, inclusive TV and film. They don't want Telemundo.

I'm not shocked in the slightest Disney execs would make a move and determine that they can't financially sustain the franchise as a "black movie." That was a one-off phenomena. Like someone else said they're setting this all up to include the entire MCU into the franchise.
:snoop:

Unreal the level of emotional investment and entitlement people have to a fictional characters story. I thought the official threads for the first film were unbearable. Especially for the people who got caught up in stanning killmonger and his agenda like it was real life.

Yes this is set up to be apart of the marvel universe. That's not some ulterior motive it's the goal. :skip:

I think I'll skip watching this early like last time. Expectations won't ever meet reality for a lot of people in here.

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
Except for the fact that the cast of the first movie was notoriously underpaid for that film

Are y'all ever gonna seek self-esteem from non-european spaces?
They still got a nice chunk of money to play dress up :yeshrug:

The second part has absolutely nothing to do with what I said

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
We can’t have shyt to ourselves :martin:

these fukking leeches always have to attach themselves to us in some form or fashion. It’s ca BLACK panther. Go create your own wave instead of tr to rid ours constantly. Culture vultures personified…

So you telling me it woulda been better to pay some white actor? Would you rather Namor be another white man? :sas2:

And personally IDK if you watched Narcos: Mexico, Tenoch good. He's got charisma...which is what Namor needs. I'm all for this retcon as opposed to just another superpowered white dude.
In fact, pandering or not. It actually makes sense for there to be more superpowered people of color. There's simply less Europeans than Africans/Latinos/Asians...

It makes statistical sense too.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I have no issue with his comments, giving props to his family or demographic group, its human nature and appropriate. No one is against being proud of where you come from or family history, you can still have that and a pro black movie.