Latino Fans Are Moved By "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Actor Tenoch Huerta's Comments At Comic-Con

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That's what white folks said when we was lined up in every theater across America doing synchronized Wakanda salutes for our Instagram accounts. Yall gotta stop adapting white people's mentalities and spinning it for black people. Representation is not "pandering." In the real world there are Latinos, whites, Asians, and homosexuals all coexisting. Black folks out here demanding we get back to some glorious time when the media didn't "pander" to people of all ethnicities or backgrounds better check themselves cus you may get what you ask for. From a company like Disney no less.

A Black Panther sequel with a predominantly black but diverse cast sounds okay to me. I wouldn't expect much less for a blockbuster Disney movie.

There’s no reason for non black Latinos to be here in a “black movie”.

The same way in the “real world” black Latinos aren’t allowed to be depicted on Telemundo and Univision drama shows.

Last edited:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I remember the hype when the first one came out, I was in my hyper "pro-Black" phase.

It made me sick that a fukking super hero movie finally had some people studying Black history, does it now? Re-read Miseducation of the Negro and you'd understand my yes and no answer :yeshrug:

All in all, people, especially coli brehs just want symbolism, who cares that Michael Eisner's grandkid's grandkids will in some way, shape or form make money off of your $16 ticket if there's nothing but rich Black folk in front of the camera acting?

Representation is the LEAST of our problems right now
Except for the fact that the cast of the first movie was notoriously underpaid for that film

Are y'all ever gonna seek self-esteem from non-european spaces?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We can’t have shyt to ourselves :martin:

these fukking leeches always have to attach themselves to us in some form or fashion. It’s ca BLACK panther. Go create your own wave instead of tr to rid ours constantly. Culture vultures personified…

What if the European kept this same energy with black people? You are currently the attachee,complaining about another group being attached:patrice:

Now if yall want, black people could pull our resources together. And since we would get sued in America,fly to africa. Work with other black people. And release a low budget Nollywood version of Black Panther:ohhh:.

Yeah,didnt think yall wanted to do that. So until then,in the European we trust:respect:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Man yall bytch about the dumbest shyt. The wokest and most privy to white supremacy among us are really shocked and that an intellectual property originally conceived and created by white Jews, passed around to the hands of white media conglomerate businesses is throwing in a couple Latinos into a predominantly black film. Who cares.

This is a big ass multimillion dollar blockbuster Disney flick, not a black nationalist meeting. The first priority of this movie and everyone invested is to reach an inclusive audience and make all that damn money back, twice fold. With satisfying black militants on the internet being a very distant second. Because otherwise won't be no more black super hero films--certainly not from damn Walt Disney Company--for yall to bytch over which actors are Latino or "non-FBA." So Instead of waving your fist at the clouds take up all this outrage with Bob Chapek, Mickey Mouse, and all the stock investors and let them laugh in your face.
G3v5.gif

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What y’all really should be asking is why didn’t they make Namor an Afro Latino? :mjpls:

Or is it that black people aren’t allowed to be or can’t be considered Latinos? :mjpls:

One of the problems is that yall still dont understand that a black person could have these phenotypes. Sadly yall still dont believe "black people" were already here among the native americans. Some of us looked similar to him,some of us looked like Michael Jordan.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
There’s no reason for non black Latinos to be here in a “black movie”.

The same way in the real world” black Latinos aren’t allowed to be depicted on Telemundo and Univision drama shows.

That's my exact point. Bullshyt Telemundo novellas are watched almost exclusively by senior aged Puerto Rican women. They have absolutely no appeal because they don't reflect reality. Latin American produced shows that include a ethnically diverse cast are what shows up on Netflix. Audiences today, especially those much younger than you, want to see modern, inclusive TV and film. They don't want Telemundo.

I'm not shocked in the slightest Disney execs would make a move and determine that they can't financially sustain the franchise as a "black movie." That was a one-off phenomena. Like someone else said they're setting this all up to include the entire MCU into the franchise.