Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I give the season a C-.

The last 3 eps were better than the first few.

The fukkery of the last 15 minutes of the finale. :dead: :wow: :damn:

Tall angel got his comics back :blessed: :mjcry:

Hopefully season 2 is better.

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
Not bad, not good... A bit too cliche for me... I'm ok with not paying to see it... It was decent... I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again... Good to see the old characters back

Edit: Thought this was the thread for the new Independence Day movie :mjlol:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just finished it.

This was a weird season. Just the way they structured it made the show very dense and hard to get into. It took about 5 episodes to get going on and to even let the audience know what the fukk is happening.

But it finished very strongly in the last 5 episodes.

The fake god shyt had me laughing my ass off and really sold the show for me.

Show has a ton of potential but they just made some odd choices that I hope is rectified in season 2.

7.5/10

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love me some Ruth Negga somethin about woman :ohlawd:and Keith Jardine lookin like a janitor:mjlol:

0x3

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukkery on levels of The Strain, only its actually good and not something to watch just to make fun of

I really enjoyed this season. Don't care what the comic readers say.

2016 and people still can't accept that adaptations devaite from source material:pachaha:

TBF, the pacing and shyt was very odd.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
okay okay so I gotta say I've read this whole thread now and some of you all are seriously attention deficit disorder havin ass dudes.
You want the whole fukking plot given to you on a silver platter immediately:camby:
Cant even shut the fukk up for a few weeks and let the show breathe:camby:
Maybe I'm biased because I binged it and didnt watch week to week, but nonetheless I still wouldnt be in here whining about pacing like some of yall:camby:

The pacing has been just fine. Let the mystery breathe. The bulk of the plot and action has years to develop. Why does it need to kick off at 1000 MPH from the start

I had this show sitting on the DVR since it aired, then I binge watched it this week. After reading the comments in this thread from the people that watched it one week at a time, it looks like that was the right decision.

When he told Eugene to go to Hell Eugene knew where that was so he went there.

:ohhh: I didn't even think of that. The reason saying "Go to Hell" worked was because he had already had already "died"/had a Near Death Experience when he shot himself. :ohhh:

Anyway, I finished the finale last night. It messed with my head all night trying to make sense of whatever it was the HELL happened and what it all means.

After thinking about it today, I think I kind of partially figured it out:

The townspeople find out that God is missing, so they all totally lose faith. Because of that they all get damned to Hell. In an earlier episode, the Preacher is watching the church put on a play about Lot and his wife running from Sodom and Gomorra. It's a foreshadowing of how the town turns into Sodom and gets blown up after the sermon in the finale. But Jesse doesn't actually lose faith in God, instead he drives off without looking back in order to find God and kick his ass. That's why the three of them were spared when the town blows up. Its some kind of biblical parallel.

Also, when the vision of Eugene appeared he said that he dug his way out of Hell because "Its not that far." We also saw that the "Ratwater" town in Hell appeared to be in the exact same spot as the modern day church. So, when the town explodes it's pretty much descending and merging with the Ratwater dimension in Hell.

Eugene also mentioned that Hell was crowded. I take that to mean he's stuck in a loop for all eternity in the same town with the ghosts of all the same people that made his life Hell in the real world.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i been reading this book
shyt aint nothing like the show
some REAL sick shyt in this bytch :scust: