Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

now need the into the badlands :damn:

Not until 2017 :mjcry:

With the season finished, I have to see Preacher was one of the weirdest shows I have seen on TV. It kept my attention throughout the season and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how season 2 unfolds. It looks to be a much different show with the main trio searching for God w/the Saint of Killers and who knows what else on their tail.

Also it will benefit from the fact that we've had a season to tap into the wavelength of the show and there is now a clear mission going forward :ehh:. Haven't not read the comics, I expect there to be a lot of fukkery on the road trip and if it means we get more screen-time with Tulip, Cassidy, Jesse- it's a good thing.

While Quincannon was entertaining with his line delivery and God of Meat philosophy :mjlol:and Donnie and his wife turned out to be more than expected, there wasn't anybody in the town I will really miss as a character :yeshrug:.

That whole convo with fake God was jokes, "What happened to the dinosaurs?" and "Can you put my dikk back on?" :russ:

It was cool seeing Edgar from You're the Worst show up as Carlos. "You like Chinese?" :pachaha:

If season 2 can tap into more of the absurd humor of the show, deliver more dope action scenes, and hit the ground running it can make a nice leap :ehh:

Cassidy's accent and delivery makes everything he says at least 20% more funny.

Ruth Negga :noah:, she really is a dope actress which makes her even more attractive to me.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I loved this season. In for Season 2.

I listen to a couple of pop culture podcasts and they complained that the show moved too slow. I think it needed that pacing to get the small town claustrophobia of Annville across.

Ruth Negga.... :takedat::ohlawd::whew:

Quincannon: The God Of MEAT :blessed:

Everyone else: :dahell:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I hated the shyt out of this show when it started. I didn't hate it as much as Lucifer.... but I hated it.

Right now, I love the shyt out of this show. :mjcry:

I mean, It's not in my top 5/10/25 or anything, but they found their groove on episode 5 and they punched the shyt out of me every week after.

And yes, Ruth Negga.

Star-Trek.gif

jeezus fukk.

Anyway, can't wait for season 2, here's hoping they continue this pace and hit the ground running.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Glad that we are finally on the road. It was kinda fukked up how they killed the entire town though.
And I was shocked that they killed Emily. As I said before it was like they created Emily to be the more vulnerable parts of Tulip since the way Ruth Negga is playing Tulip as way more aggressive and hardened than the character in the book. So I was expecting Emily to be included in the road trip especially after she cold-bloodedly fed the Mayor to Cassidy. Figured she was being set up to be a more complex character and we would see more of that as the show progressed.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Really enjoyed the season can't wait to see some of the fukkery from the comics come to life Saint of All Killers, Herr Starr, Jody and TC. They've got a lot of great material to pull from.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The god scene was almost a jump the shark moment for me

Overall I thought the season was just ok

First 4 or 5 episodes weren't that good,then we got about 4 straight good episodes,then a weird ass weak finale

I'll still watch next season but this show is almost Z Nation status with the goofiness

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The finale was much in the vein of the last couple of episodes which weren't bad but not exactly must see tv. Just a weird season, great pilot, snooze 2nd, 3rd episode a series of great episodes then it just plodded to the finish. Everyone was itching for them to get on the road now they are we will see what the show is made of no more excuses. Overall a B-

Ps so glad the god part was a ruse, first couple minutes I thought to myself is the show a big FU to organize religion or something. Going to miss rosharch and the sheriff
Glad that we are finally on the road. It was kinda fukked up how they killed the entire town though.
And I was shocked that they killed Emily. As I said before it was like they created Emily to be the more vulnerable parts of Tulip since the way Ruth Negga is playing Tulip as way more aggressive and hardened than the character in the book. So I was expecting Emily to be included in the road trip especially after she cold-bloodedly fed the Mayor to Cassidy. Figured she was being set up to be a more complex character and we would see more of that as the show progressed.
she has 3 kids brah how far do you expect them to go with the character? She and the group would have been weighed down by that. And even though it was clumsy writing I think they randomly made her kill the mayor so we as an audience don't shed too much sorrow for her demise.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The finale was much in the vein of the last couple of episodes which weren't bad but not exactly must see tv. Just a weird season, great pilot, snooze 2nd, 3rd episode a series of great episodes then it just plodded to the finish. Everyone was itching for them to get on the road now they are we will see what the show is made of no more excuses. Overall a B-

Ps so glad the god part was a ruse, first couple minutes I thought to myself is the show a big FU to organize religion or something. Going to miss rosharch and the sheriffshe has 3 kids brah how far do you expect them to go with the character? She and the group would have been weighed down by that. And even though it was clumsy writing I think they randomly made her kill the mayor so we as an audience don't shed too much sorrow for her demise.
Her kids could have gotten blown up with the rest of the town.
And I will miss Quincannon too. That whole obsession with meat was crazy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Series was all over the place but it's entertaining as hell even when it's not very good. I will be watching next year.

Side note, when the fake angel was sitting on the throne I half expected them to switch it up and have that be the devil.

Fred.