Daps
like for example george lucas with star wars :ohhh:

here's the thing though
set piece and combat wise, Neil knows what he's doing
the combat in this is so smooth and movie like
feels like I'm in an interactive revenge film
10/10 combat

too bad you don't actually get revenge :mjlol:

the only thing that's missing is story but I think Neil can improve and he just needs the right group of people around him
the only complaint I have gameplay wise is there are not enough set pieces (needed a good 3 or 4 more) and there are too many "breaks" aka sections between the fights and just
aimlessly running around doing nothing. The pacing could have been a little bit better as Seattle Day 2 with Ellie was perfectly paced

And being forced to play as Abby for half the game wasn't a good idea, even though it was fun, some sections could have easily been cut to reduce her play time to 20-25%. Less is more
15-25% of Abby would have been better
That's the only thing the 1st game has over the 2nd in terms of game play is they it has less aimless wondering

the story will forever remain underwhelming

Last edited:
Daps
Breh he wrote the game, if he didn't and had a whole team of writers, why does he have the solo writing credit for the final game? :mindblown:

Also in TLOU2 he shared writing credits with Halley Gross who was also the narrative lead and his co-directors are the same guys who worked on TLOU1. So how exactly is he working from scratch solo?

*Neil has solo writing credit on TLOU*

"He didn't write all of it"

*Neil has co-writing credit on TLOU2*

"He wrote all of it from scratch"

:dead:
:usure:
Bruce was more involved than you think despite not being credited
Just building on my point before, writers often have teams of people who prevent their story from turning to shyt but are often never credited
Neil even admitted to this in a reddit AMA (pic below)
Bruce helped Neil out with the story and probably helped him co-write/write many parts and/or at least rejected dumb ideas and directed Neil to better ones
"Bruce thinks a lot about story" (while Neil thinks a lot about design his own words) tells me Bruce was writing/co-writing more parts of the story in Part 1 than you think
Part 2 misses the necessary input the first game has, more importantly Bruce's input and writing, and it shows
Neil needs to improve as a writer and/or needs to get a new team with people of Bruce and Amy's caliber
kiva64mco5a51.png

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:usure:
Bruce was more involved than you think despite not being credited
Just building on my point before, writers often have teams of people who prevent their story from turning to shyt but are often never credited
Neil even admitted to this in a reddit AMA (pic below)
Bruce helped Neil out with the story and probably helped him co-write/write many parts and/or at least rejected dumb ideas and directed Neil to better ones
"Bruce thinks a lot about story" (while Neil thinks a lot about design his own words) tells me Bruce was writing/co-writing more parts of the story in Part 1 than you think
Part 2 misses the necessary input the first game has, more importantly Bruce's input and writing, and it shows
Neil needs to improve as a writer and/or needs to get a new team with people of Bruce and Amy's caliber
kiva64mco5a51.png

:hubie:you can believe what you want to believe breh. I mean dude has won awards for his writing specifically but if you think he sucks as a writer :manny: