Last of Us 2 voice actor Laura Bailey shares death threats on Twitter

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
the game has more potential than the actual product
the story didn't do it for me and that's because he doesn't have his team, Amy, Bruce, and the other writers with him
Part 2 is Neil unrestricted and to me, its story is mediocre at best
the strategy they used with abby was also dumb and unnecessary
Sony and ND has successfully brainwashed a good amount of people and fanboys into demonizing anyone who criticizes the game
Who was in the board room and thought Neil's idea for this game was a good idea?
Who knows maybe it still sells like crazy but I fear that will only increase Neil's influence

:gucci: you do know that Neil wrote TLOU/TLOU Left Behind by himself right and TLOU II is his first with a co-writer? Check the credits and what does Amy have to do with anything, the last thing she touched was UC3 alone because the ND team split off to do TLOU :mjlol:

Funny people hate Neil despite the fact that he co-wrote their favorite Uncharted game (UC2) and designed one of the GOAT set pieces in gaming (The train)
:francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gucci: you do know that Neil wrote TLOU/TLOU Left Behind by himself right and TLOU II is his first with a co-writer? Check the credits and what does Amy have to do with anything, the last thing she touched was UC3 alone because the ND team split off to do TLOU :mjlol:

Funny people hate Neil despite the fact that he co-wrote their favorite Uncharted game (UC2) and designed one of the GOAT set pieces in gaming (The train)
Some cats are making up this narrative that TLOU 2 is Neil's first game that he wrote himself smh. Now it's you are brainwashed if you like the story/narrative. The gas lighting is so damn obvious.

Daps

Some cats are making up this narrative that TLOU 2 is Neil's first game that he wrote himself smh. Now it's you are brainwashed if you like the story/narrative. The gas lighting is so damn obvious.

Bruce was game director for TLOU and the story for the first wasn't even Neil's original story
The story had Tess as the antagonist hunting Joel and Ellie down accross the country, with Ellie eventually killing Tess and Tess chopping Joel's arm off
Bruce realized that makes zero sense in an apocalypse and he changed the story
Neil was one of supporting writers for Uncharted he didn't create the idea of Uncharted or wrote the main scripts Amy did
He wanted to kill off Elaine in Part 2 and didn't have a real good reason other than shock value (lazy writing IMO)
TLOU Part 2 is Neil's first work writing something from scratch with no input from his original team members who left
Even UC4 is a tweaked script (Amy's original script had Sam as the villain)
Neil's talent for game play sequences is elite but his talent for story telling needs improvement
The previous games made by ND are the collaborative efforts of Bruce, Amy, and Neil who worked great as a team as well as the other 70% of developers who left
Now that Neil is pretty much directing everything, his story telling is mediocre to me

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Bruce was game director for TLOU and the story for the first wasn't even Neil's original story
The story had Tess as the antagonist hunting Joel and Ellie down accross the country, with Ellie eventually killing Tess and Tess chopping Joel's arm off
Bruce realized that makes zero sense in an apocalypse and he changed the story
Neil was one of supporting writers for Uncharted he didn't create the idea of Uncharted or wrote the main scripts Amy did
He wanted to kill off Elaine in Part 2 and didn't have a real good reason other than shock value (lazy writing IMO)
TLOU Part 2 is Neil's first work writing something from scratch with no input from his original team members who left
Even UC4 is a tweaked script (Amy's original script had Sam as the villain)
Neil's talent for game play sequences is elite but his talent for story telling needs improvement
The previous games made by ND are the collaborative efforts of Bruce, Amy, and Neil who worked great as a team as well as the other 70% of developers who left
Now that Neil is pretty much directing everything, his story telling is mediocre to me

The Last Of Us story changed many times during development. It was first a game where Joel was a Nathan clone and Ellie was a mute kid then it changed to something else but Ellie and Joel were always the constants.

What does Bruce being a co-director have to do with Neil writing TLOU/Left Behind story solo? :dwillhuh:

To be officially credited as a co-writer who have to have at least written 33% of the script so he wrote on the main Uncharted 2 script along with Drake's Fortune.

Breh has worked on nearly every Uncharted game story wise except for UC3

No input from his original team? :dwillhuh: The only person who's not there is Bruce who basically retired. A lot of the people you're talking about left the company after TLOU2 was already finished.

Daps
The Last Of Us story changed many times during development. It was first a game where Joel was a Nathan clone and Ellie was a mute kid then it changed to something else but Ellie and Joel were always the constants.

What does Bruce being a co-director have to do with Neil writing TLOU/Left Behind story solo? :dwillhuh:

To be officially credited as a co-writer who have to have at least written 33% of the script so he wrote on the main Uncharted 2 script along with Drake's Fortune.

Breh has worked on nearly every Uncharted game story wise except for UC3

No input from his original team? :dwillhuh: The only person who's not there is Bruce who basically retired. A lot of the people you're talking about left the company after TLOU2 was already finished.
Amy also isn't there either she created the Uncharted franchise
A large amount of developers left before the completion of TLOU2
Bruce wasn't just co-director he also wrote parts of the story with Neil and changed the original story
Neil's solo story was Tess chasing Joel and Ellie around across the country No Country for Old Men style...in an apocalypse which again wouldn't make sense
TLOU 2 is his first attempt from scratch with no input from Bruce or Amy and I'm not impressed with his story

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Amy also isn't there either she created the Uncharted franchise
Bruce wasn't just co-director who also helped write parts of the story with Neil and changed the original story
TLOU 2 is his first attempt from scratch with no input from Bruce or Amy and I'm not impressed

Breh the story was always gonna change, the Tess thing was a in development story option, it wasn't something that was already written like Amy did with Sam Drake.

Druckmann's writing contest in College:

The lead character, a police officer, would be tasked with protecting a young girl; however, due to the lead character's heart condition, players would often assume control of the young girl, reversing the roles. Though the idea did not win, Druckmann later developed it when creating the story of The Last of Us

Game Informer about UC4:

Druckmann co-wrote the story alongside Josh Scherr; Druckmann considered Scherr the "funny one", allowing him to write the humor of Uncharted 4 due to Druckmann's self-professed inability to write jokes. He appreciated the collaboration of writing on Uncharted 4, having written The Last of Us almost entirely independently.

Another The Last Of Us quote

When writing the script, Druckmann tried to exclude "fancy dialogue", keeping everything "short and natural".

What scene did Bruce write breh because it seems like Neil wrote everything, I mean breh had a college course about writing the game

Last edited:
Daps
Breh the story was always gonna change, the Tess thing was a in development story option, it wasn't something that was already written like Amy did with Sam Drake.

Druckmann's writing contest in College:

Game Informer about UC4:

Another The Last Of Us quote

What scene did Bruce write breh because it seems like Neil wrote everything, I mean breh had a college course about writing the game
Almost is not the same as completely solo
And yes he did write the ORIGINAL story he had intended completely solo
I noticed a noticeable drop off in story execution for the 2nd game compared to the first
Neil presented the TLOU idea to ND (never said it wasn't his idea) but he had help writing the story from his team otherwise we would have gotten the mess of the story he originally wanted
In the end Part 1 >>> Part 2 in terms of story, execution, and sophistication for me and a good amount of other people feel the same
If you don't feel the same then :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Almost is not the same as completely solo
And yes he did write the ORIGINAL story he intended completely solo
I noticed a noticeable drop off in story execution for the 2nd game compared to the first
Neil presented the TLOU idea to ND (never said it wasn't his idea) but he had help writing the story from his team otherwise we would have gotten to the mess of the story he originally wanted
In the end Part 1 >>> Part 2 in terms of story, execution, and sophistication for me and a good amount of other people feel the same
If you don't feel the same then :yeshrug:

Breh he wrote the game, if he didn't and had a whole team of writers, why does he have the solo writing credit for the final game? :mindblown:

Also in TLOU2 he shared writing credits with Halley Gross who was also the narrative lead and his co-directors are the same guys who worked on TLOU1. So how exactly is he working from scratch solo?

*Neil has solo writing credit on TLOU*

"He didn't write all of it"

*Neil has co-writing credit on TLOU2*

"He wrote all of it from scratch"

:dead:

Daps
Breh he wrote the game, if he didn't and had a whole team of writers, why does he have the solo writing credit for the final game? :mindblown:

Also in TLOU2 he shared writing credits with Halley Gross who was also the narrative lead and his co-directors are the same guys who worked on TLOU1. So how exactly is he working from scratch solo?

*Neil has solo writing credit on TLOU*

"He didn't write all of it"

*Neil has co-writing credit on TLOU2*

"He wrote all of it from scratch"

:dead:
This happens a lot in writing
The source you put even says "almost" :mjlol:
People who help prevent a story from falling off a cliff often don't get credited in the end

My only point is Part 2 is missing the needed input he received for the 1st game to make it what it is
Part 2's story is Neil uninhibited and I'm not impressed :yeshrug:
He has time to pleasantly surprise me with his next game though

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This happens a lot in writing
The source you put even says "almost" :mjlol:
People who help prevent a story from falling off a cliff often don't get credited in the end

My only point is Part 2 is missing the needed input he received for the 1st game to make it what it is
Part 2's story is Neil uninhibited and I'm not impressed :yeshrug:
He has time to pleasantly surprise me with his next game though
like for example george lucas with star wars :ohhh: