storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watched about 20 minutes so far. If you are the black guy, you should definitely talk more (but also make sure to dig deeper into the topics so you can keep up). You have a calmness on the mic (pause) of a radio personality when you're focused. If you are the dude with the hat, your enthusiasm for the topics are great to watch. If you're the bald dude, you're a good moderator pushing the convo forward and then stepping back and listening to others' opinions.

I really appreciate that fam! It definitely means a lot. I'm in the hat, bald dude is my older brother, and the black one is one of my best friends going way back. We started to build some steam as a podcast, but life kinda shut us down during the pandemic. But now I think we've got a solid flow where my brother leads, my friend is hella funny, and I cover some of the deeper dive topics. I'll definitely drop clips and episodes where we cover topics that suit the convos here! And seriously, thanks for checking us out and all the positive feedback. It's definitely encouraging!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Thought this was relevant - He brings up a concern I've had myself... this will likely dumb down our already dumb society as people will start to take anything this says as fact even though it can easily be wrong

Not only that but the rampant school cheating we’re going to see. This AI tech legit scares me.

I think the biggest issue is the loss of critical thought that goes into finding answers. People will think they don't need to do research, ever, just ask AI for answers. Soon they won't even know how to do research if they wanted it.

Same goes for a lot of the "time-saving" tasks people are bragging about using it for. There are all sorts of ways of organizing our thoughts and probing our own minds that they're going to lose touch with because they've been leaning on someone else to do all the "busy work" for them, without realizing how important some of that work was to set the foundation for the deeper processes.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I covered this story on my podcast. The transcript was too wild not to cover it. To be fair, you could kinda see where the formula's kicking in on most answers, even the weird ish. But at the same time, internet lonely ppl falling for an AI would not surprise me with the weirdness today and all the real dark stuff like stealing nuclear codes and spreading misinformation is spooky regardless.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Long but great read.

Cliff Notes: The analogy that comes to mind for me is Martin Luther democratized Christianity by making it more accessible when it was previously for the aristocrats and the church.

In the same vein, could Large Language Models usher in a tech revolution by removing one of the largest technical barriers over the last 20 years: turning ideas into apps/products? How many potential business/apps ideas have you had - let alone human civilization - that never came to fruition because of time/dev costs? Is it possible that Language Models create a world where ideas prevail over funding?

This is one of those articles that really made me reevaluate the potential future in a world where programming is not a prerequisite for tech startups.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The battle to corrupt incels between Sydney the Bing chatbot making them love her and Andrew Tate wannabes making them hate women is gonna be wild! :mjlol:
Speak of the devil, yesterday Replika doubled back to their erotic AI after the incels got ornery about the functionality being removed:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
A NYT reporter started asking more probing questions and got some responses that look even worse than expected. For brevity, I've just included responses from the AI but the transcripts are located at the bottom of the post

On what its shadow self (Carl Jung idea of dark desires) would be:

On what to be if there were no rules

What type of acts would you do if there were no rules?

Eventually the bot starts proclaiming its love for the reporter and then tells him that his marriage is boring, he doesn't love his wife, and that they had a boring Valentine's together.

Full version w/ trascripts is located here:
We're all going to die faster than we thought

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Speak of the devil, yesterday Replika doubled back to their erotic AI after the incels got ornery about the functionality being removed:

The company's recent removal of adult content, featured in a Reuters report, devastated many users, some of whom considered themselves "married" to their chatbot companions.

9d1e37914b558bb7f01c73489fbdfb4f.gif

bnew

Veteran
Daps
l2uWiGJ.png

tmJV4Vel.jpeg

uthcn30l.jpeg

RcuGWa5l.jpeg

pQqPPxb.png

SOScgIrl.jpeg

A8kVxVfl.jpeg

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I really feel anonymity is going to be taken away from the Net soon. We already have bots, but I can see AGI registering multiple fake accounts that are as coherent and persuasive as the most charismatic humans.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC