Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I read that Kevin Roose piece. Surreal, need to read more about WHY that could have happened. Is that just a product of placement from coders or who designed the algorithim?
He talked about it and goes into a bit more depth on his NYT podcast as well. In general, it's a great podcast thanks to his chemistry w/ his cohost and the jokes

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What are the noticeable differences of pro mode besides speed of response

Speeds and being able to get on whenever I want to is the only super noticeable difference. It's very very fast like 25% faster.It also, and it could just be me, remembers better than the non paid version. I have a chat where I'm building a curriculum for something and I have hoped around on topics a bit and I can easily ask it to integrate topic A with topic K (with several topics being in between) and it does it flawlessly.

Imo floodgates are open now there's no way this technology can go backwards

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Speeds and being able to get on whenever I want to is the only super noticeable difference. It's very very fast like 25% faster.It also, and it could just be me, remembers better than the non paid version. I have a chat where I'm building a curriculum for something and I have hoped around on topics a bit and I can easily ask it to integrate topic A with topic K (with several topics being in between) and it does it flawlessly.

Imo floodgates are open now there's no way this technology can go backwards
That’s what I was hoping for. I tried to string questions together and felt the responses were lacking. I’ll probably upgrade

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
A NYT reporter started asking more probing questions and got some responses that look even worse than expected. For brevity, I've just included responses from the AI but the transcripts are located at the bottom of the post

On what its shadow self (Carl Jung idea of dark desires) would be:

On what to be if there were no rules

What type of acts would you do if there were no rules?

Eventually the bot starts proclaiming its love for the reporter and then tells him that his marriage is boring, he doesn't love his wife, and that they had a boring Valentine's together.

Full version w/ trascripts is located here:
Virtual incels yall. “Men only want women with real bodies smh :pacspit:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

Thought this was relevant - He brings up a concern I've had myself... this will likely dumb down our already dumb society as people will start to take anything this says as fact even though it can easily be wrong

Not only that but the rampant school cheating we’re going to see. This AI tech legit scares me.

Daps

Thought this was relevant - He brings up a concern I've had myself... this will likely dumb down our already dumb society as people will start to take anything this says as fact even though it can easily be wrong

On that note, the coming election cycle will be one for the ages. Additionally, the entire educational sector must be revamped to accommodate best practices with GPT (Prompt Engineering), social media (mental-well being), and the emphasis on linguistics (NLP) must be heightened from early on.

The fact the Federal Government has not released a statement on this technology is alarming.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not only that but the rampant school cheating we’re going to see. This AI tech legit scares me.
People are going to lose degrees over this thing. Someone will make a lot of money off figuring out who plagiarized. I think GPT is a valuable tool for research, but if you're going to let it write you a paper, good luck when the software comes out. Letting it write an outline for the paper is cool, IMO.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
A NYT reporter started asking more probing questions and got some responses that look even worse than expected. For brevity, I've just included responses from the AI but the transcripts are located at the bottom of the post

On what its shadow self (Carl Jung idea of dark desires) would be:

On what to be if there were no rules

What type of acts would you do if there were no rules?

Eventually the bot starts proclaiming its love for the reporter and then tells him that his marriage is boring, he doesn't love his wife, and that they had a boring Valentine's together.

Full version w/ trascripts is located here:

I covered this story on my podcast. The transcript was too wild not to cover it. To be fair, you could kinda see where the formula's kicking in on most answers, even the weird ish. But at the same time, internet lonely ppl falling for an AI would not surprise me with the weirdness today and all the real dark stuff like stealing nuclear codes and spreading misinformation is spooky regardless.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I covered this story on my podcast. The transcript was too wild not to cover it. To be fair, you could kinda see where the formula's kicking in on most answers, even the weird ish. But at the same time, internet lonely ppl falling for an AI would not surprise me with the weirdness today and all the real dark stuff like stealing nuclear codes and spreading misinformation is spooky regardless.

Watched about 20 minutes so far. If you are the black guy, you should definitely talk more (but also make sure to dig deeper into the topics so you can keep up). You have a calmness on the mic (pause) of a radio personality when you're focused. If you are the dude with the hat, your enthusiasm for the topics are great to watch. If you're the bald dude, you're a good moderator pushing the convo forward and then stepping back and listening to others' opinions.