Lamar Jackson/Kyler Murray Mega Thread

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:dwillhuh::gucci: yes

Moving up in the pocket is something that he needs to work on. It was the one noticeable difference between him and Mayfield.

I think Kyler will get better at that over time. However, in preseason/regular season he hasn't really trusted sliding up in the pocket and throwing over the middle.

That Bama throw was really one of the few times he did it at OU.

I do believe Kyler is a better natural passer and thrower. Just talking about how with his size and how he'd rather get outside when there is pressure.
The funny thing about this trash post is that Baker is much more skittish in the pocket than Kyler. He flinched all second half vs Georgia and vs Clemson. Meanwhile, Kyler looked much more in control vs Alabama.

You dont watch OU football. Too much fake ass sports talk on this site

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lamar was nursed his rookie season because he wasnt the polished passer Kyler is. You think the Ravens would have tried to “protect” Kyler if he were there last season?

Yes, they would have limited Kyler passing wise even though he was more polished coming out of college. :yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing about this trash post is that Baker is much more skittish in the pocket than Kyler. He flinched all second half vs Georgia and vs Clemson. Meanwhile, Kyler looked much more in control vs Alabama.

You dont watch OU football. Too much fake ass sports talk on this site
I've watched every game the last two years.

Kyler doesn't climb the pocket as much as Baker did. He didn't. In college he just didn't have too though. Either he got great protection or he darted out of there. In preseason and the first game of the season he's been rolling outside every time there is pressure. Its something that I think he'll adjust with over time. However, right now...pressure up the middle he's not sliding and throwing. He did do it a for a bit against Texas that 2nd game though.

Baker was throwing a lot of passes over the middle his last year. You could see him maneuver within the pocket to make some big time throws over the middle.

Most of Kyler's throws are usually to the outside.

FWIW I still like Kyler long term over him. Just pointed an observation.

Agree to disagree and keep it moving breh

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Kyler doesn't climb the pocket as much as Baker did. He didn't. In college he just didn't have too though. Either he got great protection or he darted out of there. In preseason and the first game of the season he's been rolling outside every time there is pressure. Its something that I think he'll adjust with over time. However, right now...pressure up the middle he's not sliding and throwing. He did do it a for a bit against Texas that 2nd game though.

Baker was throwing a lot of passes over the middle his last year. You could see him maneuver within the pocket to make some big time throws over the middle.

They ran two different systems for both qbs. I have a friend who is rearing his son in OUs offense and stressed how Lincoln built plays for Kyler where he gets to throw the ball “off tackle” in a manner where he has alleys to throw to and can avoid getting balls batted down due to his height.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

You have no clue what your talking about

Always some fakkit on this forum talking about stuff they have no clue about

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They ran two different systems for both qbs. I have a friend who is rearing his son in OUs offense and stressed how Lincoln built plays for Kyler where he gets to throw the ball “off tackle” in a manner where he has alleys to throw to and can avoid getting balls batted down due to his height.
Breh thats what I was alluding too as well....in terms of physical confidence...Lamar isn't worried about batted passes as much...

You have no clue what your talking about

Always some fakkit on this forum talking about stuff they have no clue about
Shut yo ass up :mjlol: