Lamar Jackson is the MVP

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
"One bad game" ? Didnt he have like a 3 game stretch where he was the reason they lost? nikkas see the post season performance and want to rewrite how the regular season went.

Cleveland it was raining. Brock Purdy played badly but but in the 4th he got the team into game winning position with a 41 yard field goal which the rookie kicker misses. If he makes that one this is a non discussion.

Vikings he was playing so-so but he was clearly concussed that was when the INTs happen but that was a 50-50 game so be it.

Purdy threw for 365 yards in the Bengals game BUT Joe Burrow torched us this game was a failure by the defense and is got Steve Wilks kicked out the booth.

Ravens kicked us up and down the field.

What about the 13 games he was good to great.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
"One bad game" ? Didnt he have like a 3 game stretch where he was the reason they lost? nikkas see the post season performance and want to rewrite how the regular season went.

What about Lamar’s Clev game?

What about Lamar’s Pitts game?

What about Lamar's ….. blah blah blah….. see how crazy that is? We don’t need to do that

Niccas already rewriting how this shyt normally is. Partially it is one thing and I get it…. I really do if it

If Josh Allen had Lamar’s stats/season and Mahomes/Lamar/Dak/Kyler/Hurts/Cloud/Watson/Russ/Winston/Geno/Love/Fields/Richardson/Ridder had Purdy’s

Without a shout of doubt yall would say the latter guys would deserve it over Allen

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Bryan post: 51716698 said:
What about Lamar’s Clev game?

What about Lamar’s Pitts game?

Bring them up all you want to. Stop reading to respond instead of reading to comprehend. Where in my post did I even try to excuse those games? I didn’t. I’m calling out the bullshyt that delusional Purdy dikk eater said about “one bad game” being the reason purdy isnt the mvp. Purdy’s mvp chance took a major hit from a three game stretch, then the Ravens game put a nail in the coffin.

Also, let me repost this since you seem to be trying to make it seem like there is some big stat gap between Lamar and Purdy, there isn’t
3eadc7887c05b2ee722dd7b7f8ead1fd.png

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Bring them up all you want to. Stop reading to respond instead of reading to comprehend. Where in my post did I even try to excuse those games? I didn’t. I’m calling out the bullshyt that delusional Purdy dikk eater said about “one bad game” being the reason purdy isnt the mvp. Purdy’s mvp chance took a major hit from a three game stretch, then the Ravens game put a nail in the coffin.

Also, let me repost this since you seem to be trying to make it seem like there is some big stat gap between Lamar on Purdy, there isn’t

Oh this what we doing?:comeon:

Bet….. then I’ll let my brother handle this

Cleveland it was raining. Brock Purdy played badly but but in the 4th he got the team into game winning position with a 41 yard field goal which the rookie kicker misses. If he makes that one this is a non discussion.

Vikings he was playing so-so but he was clearly concussed that was when the INTs happen but that was a 50-50 game so be it.

Purdy threw for 365 yards in the Bengals game BUT Joe Burrow torched us this game was a failure by the defense and is got Steve Wilks kicked out the booth.

Ravens kicked us up and down the field.

What about the 13 games he was good to great.

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • Lamar was 1-3 against the high-flying Chiefs of 2018-21, only winning in 2021 against their worst defense in a game where he still threw multiple picks and needed CEH to fumble in game-winning field goal territory.
  • Lamar is 3-14 against playoff teams that score more than 21 points against his team.
  • Why more than 21? Mahomes led the Chiefs to at least 22 points in 15-of-16 career playoff games before Sunday.
  • Why not include 21 points? Because scoring 21 points is a below-average scoring figure for every NFL season since 2007.
  • Finally, Lamar was 0-3 in the playoffs when teams scored more than 13 points, already losing 23-17 to the Chargers and 17-3 to Buffalo in a game where he threw a pick-six.
He is now 4-for-4 at scoring his season low in the playoffs.

• Lamar Jackson (100%): four times in four postseasons (2018, 2019, 2020, 2023-T)
  • Joe Flacco (28.6%): twice in seven postseasons (2009, 2023)
  • Philip Rivers (28.6%): twice in seven postseasons (2007, 2009)
  • Tom Brady (25.0%): five times in 20 postseasons (2005, 2007, 2011-T, 2012, 2019-T)
  • Cam Newton (25.0%): once in four postseasons (2015)
  • Peyton Manning (20.0%): three times in 15 postseasons (2002, 2004, 2013)
  • Josh Allen (20.0%): once in five postseasons (2022)
  • Matthew Stafford (20.0%): once in five postseasons (2016-T)
  • Patrick Mahomes (16.7%): once in six postseasons (2020)
  • Matt Ryan (16.7%): once in six postseasons (2011)
  • Russell Wilson (12.5%): once in eight postseasons (2015)
  • Drew Brees (10.0%): once in 10 postseasons (2020)
  • Dak Prescott (0.0%): zero times in 5 postseasons
  • Aaron Rodgers (0.0%): zero times in 11 postseasons
  • Ben Roethlisberger (0.0%): zero times in 12 postseasons
Lamar is absolute trash.
MVP?
:russ:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

Also, let me repost this since you seem to be trying to make it seem like there is some big stat gap between Lamar and Purdy, there isn’t
3eadc7887c05b2ee722dd7b7f8ead1fd.png

...but Purdy was the MVP frontrunner heading into that week 16 game vs the Ravens and was no longer the frontrunner after that game...so yeah one bad game did end his MVP. I don't know how you can say his MVP chance took a major hit after the 3-game midseason slump when he only took the lead in the MVP race after those 3 games. His MVP chances were trending upwards after those games. That graphic you posted only proves this point. Purdy ended the season with better stats than Lamar, but Lamar is the MVP frontrunner because his worst performance was earlier in the season and Purdy's was at the end. MVP is a narrative award. If you erase that week 16 performance, Purdy most likely wins the MVP.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
...but Purdy was the MVP frontrunner heading into that week 16 game vs the Ravens and was no longer the frontrunner after that game...so yeah one bad game did end his MVP. I don't know how you can say his MVP chance took a major hit after the 3-game midseason slump when he only took the lead in the MVP race after those 3 games. His MVP chances were trending upwards after those games. That graphic you posted only proves this point. Purdy ended the season with better stats than Lamar, but Lamar is the MVP frontrunner because his worst performance was earlier in the season and Purdy's was at the end. MVP is a narrative award. If you erase that week 16 performance, Purdy most likely wins the MVP.

GET HIM!!!!!!! :damn: :damn: :damn:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lamar best plays were 2 broken plays to Zay Flowers that was like a third of his production and some NFL blitz shyt where he passed the ball to himself.
  • Lamar was 1-3 against the high-flying Chiefs of 2018-21, only winning in 2021 against their worst defense in a game where he still threw multiple picks and needed CEH to fumble in game-winning field goal territory.
  • Lamar is 3-14 against playoff teams that score more than 21 points against his team.
  • Why more than 21? Mahomes led the Chiefs to at least 22 points in 15-of-16 career playoff games before Sunday.
  • Why not include 21 points? Because scoring 21 points is a below-average scoring figure for every NFL season since 2007.
  • Finally, Lamar was 0-3 in the playoffs when teams scored more than 13 points, already losing 23-17 to the Chargers and 17-3 to Buffalo in a game where he threw a pick-six.
He is now 4-for-4 at scoring his season low in the playoffs.

• Lamar Jackson (100%): four times in four postseasons (2018, 2019, 2020, 2023-T)
  • Joe Flacco (28.6%): twice in seven postseasons (2009, 2023)
  • Philip Rivers (28.6%): twice in seven postseasons (2007, 2009)
  • Tom Brady (25.0%): five times in 20 postseasons (2005, 2007, 2011-T, 2012, 2019-T)
  • Cam Newton (25.0%): once in four postseasons (2015)
  • Peyton Manning (20.0%): three times in 15 postseasons (2002, 2004, 2013)
  • Josh Allen (20.0%): once in five postseasons (2022)
  • Matthew Stafford (20.0%): once in five postseasons (2016-T)
  • Patrick Mahomes (16.7%): once in six postseasons (2020)
  • Matt Ryan (16.7%): once in six postseasons (2011)
  • Russell Wilson (12.5%): once in eight postseasons (2015)
  • Drew Brees (10.0%): once in 10 postseasons (2020)
  • Dak Prescott (0.0%): zero times in 5 postseasons
  • Aaron Rodgers (0.0%): zero times in 11 postseasons
  • Ben Roethlisberger (0.0%): zero times in 12 postseasons
Lamar is absolute trash.
MVP?
:russ:
Thats a crazy stat

Basically the playoffs bring our the WORST in him? Thats wild.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Do YOU watch the games? What accolades did Jimmy have on this team? He was never an MVP candidate, he never even made a single pro bowl. He never finished in the top 10 in yards or QB rating in his whole career, his best stat is finishing tied for 5th in TDs in 2018. Brock just finished 5th in yards, 3rd in TDs, and 1st in QB rating, all with 1 less game than the players ahead of him. Their play style is different too, Brock is freestyle, creating plays out of structure, and going deep successfully more than any other QB in the league. We never saw this from Jimmy. :sas1:

You say 1.5 seasons isn't enough to pass a judgement on Purdy yet you ready to crown Love a franchise QB after only 1 season. :sas2:
One QB is playing with a loaded team and looked like dog shyt in the post season(except litterally a handful of drives). The other is playing with a bunch of rookies and on the road and out played both Brock and Dak.

I mean do i really have to say this? Love is clearly a better QB. Brock is clearly a game manager in these playoffs. Facts are facts

And before u start talking about one being at home and the other being in the SB, Love elevated his team in the playoffs while Brock looked like dog water in both his games. nikka literally had his team looking like they didnt belong. NFL is a team game and the Niners won based off experience and Packers miscues.

For as great as u claim him to be and with the loaded squad he has, theres no reason niners should be winning struggle games vs the packers and lions.

Again, get at me in a couple of years when Brock will be on the trading block and Niners are still ringless. :sas1:

Last edited:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

You wouldn't only need to erase the performance against the Ravens, they would have also needed to beat the Ravens.
Lamar going off for 5 TDs against the Dolphins who had had Tua/Hill and at the time were a threat for #1 in AFC also hurt Purdy's chances.

The other part of that tweet where it says "instead of focusing on the big picture of work where he ranked #1 across the board" is also wrong. Paid 49ers writer doing his job and gassing the fans up.

Last edited:

King Kreole

Daps
One QB is playing with a loaded team and looked like dog shyt in the post season(except litterally a handful of drives). The other is playing with a bunch of rookies and on the road and out played both Brock and Dak.

I mean do i really have to say this? Love is clearly a better QB. Brock is clearly a game manager in these playoffs. Facts are facts

And before u start talking about one being at home and the other being in the SB, Love elevated his team in the playoffs while Brock looked like dog water in both his games. nikka literally had his team looking like they didnt belong. NFL is a team game and the Niners won based off experience and Packers miscues.

For as great as u claim him to be and with the loaded squad he has, theres no reason niners should be winning struggle games vs the packers and lions.

Again, get at me in a couple of years when Brock will be on the trading block and Niners are still ringless. :sas1:
Just off the bat, I don't claim wins as a QB stat because football is a team game, so I'm not gonna say Love being on the losing team means he played worse than Purdy. I think he played better than Purdy for most of the game, until it mattered most and they flipped. Call it clutch, call it whatever, but when the game was on the line, Purdy played better. And that ultimately matters more. Purdy just elevated and led his team to a comeback playoff win in the rain and the biggest comeback in NFC Championship history so that game manager shyt is deaded. My honest opinion is that he's more clutch than he is elite right now. And as we're seeing that's better in the playoffs when it's any given sunday. Tom Brady had a loaded squad in '07 and LOST a struggle game vs the 5th seed Giants. It happens. Purdy played elite ball in the regular season and he's showing himself to be clutch in the playoffs. That's more than I can ask for from a 7th round pick QB in their second season.

I really like Love, I think he had a great season and look forward to watching him continue to ball. But he'll be ringless as long as he gotta come through the Niners in the playoffs :sas2:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Excuses for Purdys trash game
Idc care about why he performed poorly, he did.
Let me repeat what I said.
If Purdy handled his business in that 3 game stretch AND still loss ti Ravens the way he did, he would be the MVP.
Yall are also overlooking how CMC was getting looks for MVP as well, which hurts Purdy's case. Especially when Purdy is trash, they go to CMC to get them back in it.
Post season stats
Good thing MVP is a regular season award :sas2:

King Kreole

Daps
You wouldn't only need to erase the performance against the Ravens, they would have also needed to beat the Ravens.
Lamar going off for 5 TDs against the Dolphins who had had Tua/Hill and at the time were a threat for #1 in AFC also hurt Purdy's chances.

The other part of that tweet where it says "instead of focusing on the big picture of work where he ranked #1 across the board" is also wrong. Paid 49ers writer doing his job and gassing the fans up.
Eh, I think if Purdy had his season average game against the Ravens (271 yards, 2TDs, .5INT), even if the Niners lost it might still be his award. It was the fact he had the worst game of his career going up against the guy who was 2nd in the MVP race that really flipped the script. Lamar going nuclear against the Dolphins definitely would have made it a toss-up though, I agree.

I don't know what tweet you're referring to, but I think it's true that if you use a season-long analysis and go by average quality of play instead of the recency bias that comes along with narrative awards then Purdy looks better.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Just off the bat, I don't claim wins as a QB stat because football is a team game, so I'm not gonna say Love being on the losing team means he played worse than Purdy. I think he played better than Purdy for most of the game, until it mattered most and they flipped. Call it clutch, call it whatever, but when the game was on the line, Purdy played better. And that ultimately matters more. Purdy just elevated and led his team to a comeback playoff win in the rain and the biggest comeback in NFC Championship history so that game manager shyt is deaded. My honest opinion is that he's more clutch than he is elite right now. And as we're seeing that's better in the playoffs when it's any given sunday. Tom Brady had a loaded squad in '07 and LOST a struggle game vs the 5th seed Giants. It happens. Purdy played elite ball in the regular season and he's showing himself to be clutch in the playoffs. That's more than I can ask for from a 7th round pick QB in their second season.

I really like Love, I think he had a great season and look forward to watching him continue to ball. But he'll be ringless as long as he gotta come through the Niners in the playoffs :sas2:
I think Purdy is a step up from Jimmy. Was really impressed with his regular season play. However, his post season play was not good at all. 2 TDs and an INT in 2 games vs weak ass defenses is not hot. U can claim he made a comeback but reality is Niners D played a part in that as well as CMC.

Love will get his revenge. Niners dont scare him :sas2:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Eh, I think if Purdy had his season average game against the Ravens (271 yards, 2TDs, .5INT), even if the Niners lost it might still be his award. It was the fact he had the worst game of his career going up against the guy who was 2nd in the MVP race that really flipped the script. Lamar going nuclear against the Dolphins definitely would have made it a toss-up though, I agree.

I don't know what tweet you're referring to, but I think it's true that if you use a season-long analysis and go by average quality of play instead of the recency bias that comes along with narrative awards then Purdy looks better.

He doesn't. The H2H matchups matter, as you said this is a narrative award.

The only thing that can get in the way is a QB having an outstanding season or someone breaking a major record.

Purdy lost the narrative battle and his stats aren't good enough to overcome that. You could argue Dak had a better season which is why they have similar MVP odds right now, Dak may even be ahead of him.