Lakers Jordan Clarkson & Larry Nance to Cavs for Isaiah Thomas, Channing Frye & 2018 1st Round Pick

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Let's get it:obama:

Lonzo Ball and IT in the backcourt > Lonzo Ball & KCP/Clarkson:blessed:

KCP going to the bench finally:ahh:

Plus we got a 1st round pick:whew:

#LWO

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't see how this trade helps the Cavs. I hope they're not done dealing today

It helps them in that Clarkson is the closest thing to a two-way point guard they've had this season, and Nance is the most athletic big man they've had this season, and they're both young.

Neither is great on defense yet, but at least they have the energy and size/athleticism to play defense. Whereas the roster as it was previously built couldn't even play good defense for any real stretch of time.

But yeah, it doesn't mean they win the Finals (or even make the Finals necessarily), it hopefully just means a less embarrassing regular season. They still need a 3-and-D guard and a real two-way big man if they want to compete with the big boys.

Daps
This was a business move entirely, not a basketball move.

This does nothing for the Cavs. At least there was a chance Isaiah's health would improve and he'd be able to beast up. What in the fukk is Clarkson going to do for the Cavs?

If this is the best move they could make, then Lebron probably already phoned Savannah to start packing up the Akron home.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
they arent really giving up shyt though. Nance and clarkson are replaceable players for the lakers with the emergence of hart and kuza
I understand the move, as they’re prepping for Free Agency, but I just don’t have enough confidence in the Lakers to stick the landing. They’ve made room for 2 max deals, and I think they’re somehow gonna fukk it up, but we’ll see

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
DVh4HwQX0AA8SdD.jpg