Ladies, when do you feel most feminine?

Lithe

All Star
Daps
:snoop:I set myself up for that one.

I only use the epsom salt scrub for my body. For my face I make one with honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon.

I've been wanting to try the bentonite clay mask (for both my hair and face), but it's hard to find in Canada. I noticed that it's being sold on amazon so I might just bite the bullet and pay for the shipping.

ETA: I just saw that Sephora has the Origins mask so i'll get a sample to see if it works for my face.

Haha aww! Walked right into it. I do that a lot, so you're not alone!

Ok, Epsom salt on the body and sugar for the face makes sense! All those ingredients for your facial scrub sound good! Mine was just olive oil and granulated white sugar. It was effective though!

I like the bentonite, it's just very drying! If you do decide to buy it, when you go to mix it, only use plastic utensils. I read how metals from the spoon/utensil are transferred to the clay mixture! I actually found less mess by mixing it in a plastic sandwich bag. Just pour the clay, then the apple cider vinegar, it starts to bubble and fizz, seal the bag shut and knead the mixture together. Then you can just throw the bag away too, when you're finished!

Yes, Sephora carries the mask! It's the Clear Improvement charcoal mask. Very good stuff, and it'll last a while!

On a regular day I'll just wear concealer, mascara, liner, fill in my brows, translucent powder, and some lip product ( lip stick or gloss).

Keep it simple, I like that! I love makeup as far as being creative (playing with looks/colors) but I don't like the amount of time it takes to apply! I've really loved wearing CC cream lately. That's as much as I feel comfortable with for foundation. The times I've worn a full coverage foundation and powder, I felt like my skin couldn't breathe!!

Lithe

All Star
Daps
ETA: To answer your question Lithe. Probably, a nice warm bubble bath and smooth R&B music, playing in the background.

That sounds nice! I haven't taken a bubble bath in so long! They are more relaxing than showers, though. I bought these aromatherapy lavender shower tablets, and I like letting one dissolve while I relax under the warmth of the steam. That's calming after a long day.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
I've never really thought about it honestly :yeshrug:

I hadn't either, until that polish caught my eye this morning. Then I just started thinking of all the times I've felt very feminine. Holding my friends' babies makes me feel like :wub: on the inside because they all find just the perfect place to rest their head on my shoulder, and it's so sweet. I love feeling nurturing.

When I am on my period and sneeze and it all comes rushing out.

FML

Graphic, but true!

Luna

All Star
Daps
Shut your pseudo-intellectual ass up. Everything you post is a blatantly obvious affectation and no one finds it amusing. People must find you insufferable in real life. Actually, I doubt anyone even talks to you. You seem the type to write longwinded livejournal posts about how superior you are to everyone else. Put down the thesaurus.

He could've just said "You don't need to straighten your hair because white supremacy tells you so." Name calling is extremely counter-productive.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
It's couple of things that make me feel really feminine...

getting my /doing my nails and feet

putting on a full face of makeup

putting on a nice pair of jammies

dresses and skirts with nice sandals in the summer time

I'm getting my toes done this Friday. I'm thinking of something pink since it's, "The month of love", but I feel like it's somewhat corny :patrice:

To answer your question O

After taking a warm shower

Getting a bikini wax

Cleaning myself down there. I feel slightly dirty until I do lol

It sounds ironic, but when I am not on my period

After shaving my legs. The smooth sensitive feeling you get when your jemmies make contact with your skin :wow:

After styling my hair

After getting my nails done

Wearing skirts and dresses

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I make my own with olive oil, epsom salt (or brown sugar), and honey.

I do it 2-3 times a week depending on how lazy I am because it can get messy.

Body exfoliant right?

Because I'm thinking isn't the epsolm salt too harsh on your face.

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
After I shave and apply my shea butter/coconut oil from head to toe :noah:

Glowing like some etherial golden goddess :wow:

Lithe

All Star
Daps
I'm getting my toes done this Friday. I'm thinking of something pink since it's, "The month of love", but I feel like it's somewhat corny :patrice:

To answer your question O

After taking a warm shower

Getting a bikini wax

Cleaning myself down there. I feel slightly dirty until I do lol

It sounds ironic, but when I am not on my period

After shaving my legs. The smooth sensitive feeling you get when your jemmies make contact with your skin :wow:

After styling my hair

After getting my nails done

Wearing skirts and dresses

I had a pedicure yesterday! Chose "Gelato on my mind" by OPI, because I wanted something light and fun now that warm weather is making its way in! I usually do neutrals, but this is a fun shade of blue-green. I also redid my fingernails yesterday, a royal blue called "Sia" by Zoya.

I don't think there's anything ironic about feeling feminine when you're not on your period. I always feel tired, unattractive (due to bloat and the pains I experience) and withdrawn during mine. I just wanna hide away and keep to myself for those few days!

Being freshly shaved/waxed is GOAT! I didn't mention it before, but I love putting my lotion on after I've shaved my legs. They're just so smooth and soft.

After I shave and apply my shea butter/coconut oil from head to toe :noah:

Glowing like some etherial golden goddess :wow:
Sounds nice! Do you use a mixture of Shea butter and coconut oil, or apply them one by one? I've used them mixed and separately in my hair, but never on my body. I've read many benefits about shea butter on the skin though, so you're probably onto something!

It feels good to glow!

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
I mix it together :smile: I usually exfoliate with the shea moisture sugar scrub then apply that shea coconut oil mixture. Oh what a feeling :noah:

Lithe

All Star
Daps
I mix it together :smile: I usually exfoliate with the shea moisture sugar scrub then apply that shea coconut oil mixture. Oh what a feeling :noah:
That sounds divine!! I will have to try the Shea Moisture sugar scrub sometime. I've liked a few of their products for my hair!

When I get my nails done.
I love having my nails done, but I tend to only get pedicures at the salon. I like to change my nail color so often that my manicures are usually a color I bring from home, or just plain nails but I have my cuticles trimmed/nails shaped. You know, regular manicure, no polish! I've had gel polish done a few times but the removal made me nervous they'd damage my nail beds. Then I get bored staring at the same color for 2 weeks, so I'll just stick to regular polishes! At one point in time, my sister and I had a combined collection of over 100 colors. It's a bit extreme, but we've each downsized a lot since we haven't lived together in over a year. It's fun though because we will still switch colors, tell each other about Zoya sales, and send each other color recommendations we know the other one would like.

Before I shower after I strip and see myself in the mirror.
Yes ma'am! As much as I love clothes, I also love the feeling of not being constricted by them anymore and relaxing in the warm shower! That, then putting on my lotion and a spritz of perfume or body spray... That's my favorite!