Ladies how much of a man's potential worth to you?

Ladies How much is a Man's Potential Worth to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I could potentially win the lottery but I wouldn't put stock in it.

People better start taking things for face value. Everyone screwing up living in these fantasies when it comes to other people.

The only potential that should be worth anything to you is yours as you can directly affect it.
I feel that duke but on otherhand,everyone wants to be with someone who has dreams,goals.Yeah none of that pays the bills but still we human we all strive for something more :manny:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
No im saying he needs 1 more step towards being next Fortune 500 CEO. Basically he has potential of being one,but ok lets go by if his business was struggling and bills are piling up,what you stay with him?

I thought the question was how much does potential mean? Neither of those scenarios really speak to the question. However, it depends on why his business is failing and the meanings he is taking to save it or how viable it is in the first place. I have my own businesses that have "potential" themselves so his "failing" doesn't stop the money nor does it denoted that a man is failure. Businesses fail for many reasons; many that are beyond out control. You learn, move on and start another.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel that duke but on otherhand,everyone wants to be with someone who has dreams,goals.Yeah none of that pays the bills but still we human we all strive for something more :manny:

Right, some people are dreamers and they need someone that compliments them. Just saying I hope men ad especially women aint turning down or hooking up based solely on potential...Unless its for a potential parent or something like that.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Right, some people are dreamers and they need someone that compliments them. Just saying I hope men ad especially women aint turning down or hooking up based solely on potential...Unless its for a potential parent or something like that.
I don't know how old some of us are in here but im in my early 30's at this point,Im sure many of us (smart ones at least) are looking for potential spouses,parent of our future child.I cant speak for women who they turn down or hook up with (that's another thread) but I know brothas are turning down right kind of women out here.Another thing is its ok to have a dream,but live in reality.Not everybody can be a model or rapper.

Daps
People look at the Obamas success and forget they struggled at 1 point.Barack especially.Michelle knew he had potential meaning he could go very far in his career no matter if it was teaching law or his politican career.Im talking about if a man was just a step or two away from realizing his dream/potential how much is that worth.I know we are in a different age where everyone wants things now and are not willing to wait,my ? is how much is a brotha's potential worth?
while i do know the obamas were struggling i really don't think they fit the bill because of their education. usually people with that type of education are guaranteed to do well. its not some type of mystery where you are debating if they have potential.

secondly people chose to enter into relationships with people that they have common interests, goals. and beliefs with, not just economic potential. economic potential can and does change all the time. i am pretty sure that factored into michelle's decision when marrying barak

when i am looking to date someone i am trying to determine if we are a good match mentally, spiritually and physically. i also look at finances (does he have stable employment, is he good with money, does he have reasonable financial goals etc) and goals. those things combined are important to me, not just earning/career potential.

Last edited:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
alotta yall are foul, yall know how hard it is for young black men to get opportunities...sometimes it may take a little more time for them to figure it out...but that dont mean u should write them off... thats why alotta bros get jaded and get white women when they make it

if the guy is trying....he should be supported, because once he gets on, hell remember who was there for him...unless hes a scumbag...

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
alotta yall are foul, yall know how hard it is for young black men to get opportunities...sometimes it may take a little more time for them to figure it out...but that dont mean u should write them off... thats why alotta bros get jaded and get white women when they make it

if the guy is trying....he should be supported, because once he gets on, hell remember who was there for him...unless hes a scumbag...
In this economy no one has it made,back in the day couples struggled together.These days no one wants to build,status seems to be everything these days.As for white women it's more about personal preference,some white girls are just same.I see your point tho

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
In this economy no one has it made,back in the day couples struggled together.These days no one wants to build,status seems to be everything these days.As for white women it's more about personal preference,some white girls are just same.I see your point tho

half these chicks grandfathers were mailmen, factory workers and mechanics. hardworking men who put food on the table. give these silly broads a college degree and they start acting funny.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
half these chicks grandfathers were mailmen, factory workers and mechanics. hardworking men who put food on the table. give these silly broads a college degree and they start acting funny.
Some,we just in an era where everyone has an opinion and consider themselves expert. This is also an era where no one pays attention to the foundations set before us in terms of values,morals.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
asking this question is fruitless though.

99.9% of women are gold diggers. it just depends how much gold digger they got in them. whether they're a shameless sack chaser seeking millionaires or a chick wanting a guy with high earning career potential. its all about a man and his money. its in their genetics to seek out resources and money. as far as they're concerned, a man having "potential" is like a fat woman having "potential" to get skinny. don't get mad at them. understand their nature like you understand the nature of a wild animal. why does a wolf eat muthafukkas? i don't know nigguh. it just does. don't get too close nikka. you aint gonna ever change it's nature :russ: the realization of this is why i don't feel any sadness when guys leave their wives for younger, hotter women because what's the difference? both women want the nikka for his money. so why is the guy wanting the younger, hotter one considered wrong? they both superficial. love is dead. building with each other is dead. richer or for poorer was always bullshyt :russ: in sickness and in health was always bullshyt :russ: get money. its better to win the game than to lose it. but never believe these chicks love you because they don't. if you fall off, they out the door just as fast as they came in. the good thing is......by avoiding children/child support and marriage you've already made it alot easier on yourself to stack serious paper.