Ladies how much control do you want your s/o to have?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also I think that some people out there be it man or woman needs someone that can control them in certain aspect of there life, be it money, freedom, drug use whatever. Some people just never get right on there own with certain things.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That's fine.

What I meant is usually a guy thats about being healthy , in shape, his money, and being a leader and protector. All that requires alot of discipline and control.. We/They/Us usually aren't going to fall into that category of letting his partner make the final choice just because she wants to be the one to do it... Its just not what we are use to doing. Add to the fact that we are men and it's just feels unnatural most the time.

But that's me speaking in general, I'm sure you can find someone that fits your standards, all I'm saying is the unicorn that your looking for... is probably unlikely.
Only two of the things in the bolded category even appeal to me, so where are you getting the bolded portion of your statements from?
They aren't harmful imo, you know what you want out of a man and there are plenty of dudes out there that fall into that category. But all that extra you like, like looks(more so physically), hustle for money, and "leadership" seem to conflict directly with your personality.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Sounds like you want to be a single mother. You don't want any input from the father on raising the kids?
No, if that's how it came off, that's not what I meant.

I obviously want my husband to have input or I wouldn't have a husband. I want him to have the majority 60% total. But when it comes to the children, I want to have the majority, because that's my role as a mother. Having the same ideals is something I'd look into when choosing a mate, so we won't be having huge debates over the kids because at least we'll agree on the major aspects.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's fine.

What I meant is usually a guy thats about being healthy , in shape, his money, and being a leader and protector. All that requires alot of discipline and control.. We/They/Us usually aren't going to fall into that category of letting his partner make the final choice just because she wants to be the one to do it... Its just not what we are use to doing. Add to the fact that we are men and it's just feels unnatural most the time.

But that's me speaking in general, I'm sure you can find someone that fits your standards, all I'm saying is the unicorn that your looking for... is probably unlikely.

I think this whole thing is you speaking personally. There are soooo many men in this world that do not concern themselves with this type of stuff, especially as with their life partner. Its not a competition.

Now I can't speak to the amount of men who want to be controlled or have no say themselves. I think they probably are few in number because in general I don't think any adult who has been autonomous their whole life until they were married wouldn't have an issue with that (unless they have been heavily conditioned to accept that role as normal like women sadly have). But there are definitely plenty of men who are not racking their brains over making sure they make every single final decision in their household because "that's what men do".

art_vandelay

Rookie
Daps
This is kind of a strange question to me. In my marriage I don't think of anything in terms of "control". We're both pretty laid back people.The most important aspect in a marriage that I've learned is mutual respect, discuss things together and be encouraging. If my husband came home and just told me were going to do something and that's it without even discussing it with me, that'd be an insult to my intelligence and I'd probably be resentful.
In a couple of years my husband's salary will outshine mine, and I could afford to stay home and have a child but even if I am at home I'm still going to be his partner, not waiting around to "do as I'm told"..that doesn't make a marriage to me.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah just as soon as I ask the hundreds that aren't broke trusting their accountants. It goes both ways so we are still back to square one if you pick wisely.
We will just have to disagree.

I know it's easier for your type to discredit any type of effort a woman brings to the table. "I would cook and clean" oh you can get a maid to do that. "I would look after the books for the business". Oh you can get an account for that. "I would give him the best sex he ever had" Oh you can get a prostitute for that. :hmm: Hopefully I would find a guy who values a woman in his life and not a guy like you dudes on the coli that pick her apart for any and everything.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We will just have to disagree.

I know it's easier for your type to discredit any type of effort a woman brings to the table. "I would cook and clean" oh you can get a maid to do that. "I would look after the books for the business". Oh you can get an account for that. "I would give him the best sex he ever had" Oh you can get a prostitute for that. :hmm: Hopefully I would find a guy who values a woman in his life and not a guy like you dudes on the coli that pick her apart for any and everything.
Foh with bold I'm not discrediting shyt I'm just saying that's not a real skill unless you actually are qualified. Don't use that sucker ass I'm trying to discredit women for sympathy bullshyt. I would say the same thing to a guy so again get outta here with the bullshyt. Cooking,cleaning, fukking, etc ain't the same as finances homey stop it. People always playing the sympathy policies game on here. Do you feel insecure because with no proof you sure was quick as hell to say I'm some certain type of guy and you can't find a post of me being said type of guy. I just happen to disagree with you and you happen to be a woman so I'm that guy? Great logic fam.

Lastly don't generalize me with these dudes unless you like being generalized and whoever did it to you take that shyt to them not me. I didn't generalize nothing because we are having a discussion not every female on here. I kept it specific to what you mentioned. I "rip" anybody apart male/female makes no difference if I disagree so don't know what you're getting at. My post history will show that if you were to look at it.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is an interesting discussion. :ehh:

I can't imagine wanting a woman to be dependent on me because she's too terrified to make decisions or needs my finances. I'd rather my woman be able to do for herself and WANT me to make decisions because she trusts my judgment.

If she doesn't, we discuss it, because maybe she has a point of view that I didn't consider. But I want a woman who can understand why I'm making a choice and see my POV, even if she has reservations.

So I guess 60-40 with variances depending on what's being discussed and where our strengths lie. :yeshrug:

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
This is an interesting discussion. :ehh:

I can't imagine wanting a woman to be dependent on me because she's too terrified to make decisions or needs my finances. I'd rather my woman be able to do for herself and WANT me to make decisions because she trusts my judgment.

If she doesn't, we discuss it, because maybe she has a point of view that I didn't consider. But I want a woman who can understand why I'm making a choice and see my POV, even if she has reservations.

So I guess 60-40 with variances depending on what's being discussed and where our strengths lie. :yeshrug:
This is exactly what I was thinking but didn't know how to put it in words. nice job:ehh:

I like you....lol
:hamster:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is exactly what I was thinking but didn't know how to put it in words. nice job:ehh:

Can't tell if a chick is down for you if she's dependent on you. A chick who can do for her own but chooses to give you control is a woman you build with. :ld:

Congrats, you're wifable for understanding that. :whew:

Daps
I think I'm comfortable with the idea of being the leader of the family, but I'm uncomfortable with the concept of control.

Basically, I see it like this: He's CEO, I'm COO. Both chiefs, both important, without one, the other can't do their job.

If it's him making the final decision, okay, but I reserve veto rights. If I'm uncomfortable with something, if I'm ethically or morally opposed, then I expect him to revamp and come up with another decision that works for me and our family.