Ladies, How Can a Man Improve His Communication?

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Great advice once again.

And these things you listed at the bottom I don't have issue with normally. It's the bolded that I don't quite comprehend.

If I love someone, and I care about someone, and they inform me of a situation that is making their life more difficult... do they have to explicitly say "I need your help" for me to want to try to find a solution?

Is it wrong for me to want to help?

I don't get it.

If i'm dating someone and she says to me "Babe i'm so stressed out, I have my paper for my masters due by midnight tomorrow, I have to help plan for my sister's babyshower, and I need to finish these pivot tables for work"

I'm not gonna say to her "There there baby. I'm here, I'm listening."

I'm going to say "What do you need me to do to help? I'm good at pivot tables, and i'm even better at editing papers. Send me whatever you need so I can alleviate your stress".

How am I supposed to react?
React to help ease the stress, not fix it. In your example, she already knows what she needs to do, it's just the fact that she feels overwhelmed and wants to feel acknowledged. People know how to fix their problems most of the time, they just don't want to be invisible. What she wants you to hear is that her anxiety is UP. It's good it ask her "how can I help", but maybe helping is grabbing her a cup of coffee, hugging her (physical touch reduces anxiety and increases endorphins").

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Yep, people make things happen all day, everyday when they really want to. When there is no worth or value then that phone will not be ringing and notifications won't be alerting.
Why invest energy, attention, emotions and focus on someone who isn't even willingly & happily reciprocating...
Don't.

Learned that the hard way
:mjcry: