Ladies, for those that are single, why?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry to hear that @miranda

@Rawtid what do the men that you would consider look like...do you have a social circle of friends and colleagues that include men you would check for? I only ask because you're tying your physical appearance with attracting someone.
Is your physical appearance not the FIRST thing you consider when attracting someone? For the most part, people who are in shape/skinny are considered more attractive than fat people.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Is your physical appearance not the FIRST thing you consider when attracting someone? For the most part, people who are in shape/skinny are considered more attractive than fat people.
Yeah but are you checking for men that you feel aren't checking for you?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but are you checking for men that you feel aren't checking for you?
I don't feel I am because I only deal with men that approach me or express interest first. With that said, "attracting" someone isn't the problem, but just as it's been stated on here plenty of times, fat women for the most part won't be a candidate for a relationship. They are good for a fun time, jump-off or secret sex you hope no one finds out about and that's not what I want. :manny: I feel that if I wanted to expand my options to include men that are serious about commitment, I would have to be significantly smaller.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I don't feel I am because I only deal with men that approach me or express interest first. With that said, "attracting" someone isn't the problem, but just as it's been stated on here plenty of times, fat women for the most part won't be a candidate for a relationship. They are good for a fun time, jump-off or secret sex you hope no one finds out about and that's not what I want. :manny: I feel that if I wanted to expand my options to include men that are serious about commitment, I would have to be significantly smaller.
So the conundrum is that you truly feel that you need to be physically in shape to attract the men you want that will take you seriously but at the same time you don't want to work towards getting it. So you effectively don't really want to be in a serious relationship.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the conundrum is that you truly feel that you need to be physically in shape to attract the men you want that will take you seriously but at the same time you don't want to work towards getting it. So you effectively don't really want to be in a serious relationship.
I guess. It's not that I don't want to work towards it and I do want a relationship , but with everything else I have going on I'm not going to neglect other priorities to focus on weight-loss at this time. My overall health is my priority but weight loss is not, if that makes sense. You can be "healthy" (without disease) and still be considered overweight. Sometimes is all hard to balance. I also think its wack to need to lose weight to find a dude anyway. If you didn't want me when I was big, why should I check for you when I'm small?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I guess. It's not that I don't want to work towards it and I do want a relationship , but with everything else I have going on I'm not going to neglect other priorities to focus on weight-loss at this time. My overall health is my priority but weight loss is not, if that makes sense. You can be "healthy" (without disease) and still be considered overweight. Sometimes is all hard to balance. I also think its wack to need to lose weight to find a dude anyway. If you didn't want me when I was big, why should I check for you when I'm small?
Everything except the last statement is unfair, and this is coming from someone that had man boobs, a 42in waist and even dropped a shoe size when I glo'd up. You said it yourself:

To a degree people are shallow but the vast majority of us have standards, including you. At first, I felt a type of way about the attention I got from women because I was on the other side of the coin but now I find that that kind of hangup doesn't contribute to my life in any way. You're right nonetheless, don't just lose weight for a man.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everything except the last statement is unfair, and this is coming from someone that had man boobs, a 42in waist and even dropped a shoe size when I glo'd up. You said it yourself:

To a degree people are shallow but the vast majority of us have standards, including you. At first, I felt a type of way about the attention I got from women because I was on the other side of the coin but now I find that that kind of hangup doesn't contribute to my life in any way. You're right nonetheless, don't just lose weight for a man.
If I ever get there, I'll let you know how it feels from my perspective.