Kyrie Irving officially sabotaged the Nets season appreciation thread

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What’s so difficult to comprehend? He called them that because people in the media can change perspectives (puppeteer) to the public. Shame him and make him out to be the scapegoat. Pawns because they’re still following orders from someone above them.
Kyrie is more of the puppet in this case
All they did was ask him a question. His response and reaction becomes the story regardless of what they asked. His reaction is how these things become bigger than what they are

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
All they did was ask him a question. His response and reaction becomes the story regardless of what they asked. His reaction is how these things become bigger than what they are
How is he a puppet? You make no sense. Everyone knows his stance already, but they keep asking the same questions.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Exactly - Kyrie seemingly doesn't realize that his bizarre behavior is creating an even bigger story and narrative than if he just talked to the media like a normal person. It's not like Marshawn Lynch who literally just didn't want to talk. With Kyrie it's all about narratives and yet he's giving them prime material.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly - Kyrie seemingly doesn't realize that his bizarre behavior is creating an even bigger story and narrative than if he just talked to the media like a normal person. It's not like Marshawn Lynch who literally just didn't want to talk. With Kyrie it's all about narratives and yet he's giving them prime material.
Wouldn’t call it bizarre or unhinged, just hard headed.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I read in the ESPN article that @Skooby posted something that was really wild.

I'm paraphrasing but it said: Kyrie Irving was not interested in signing a long term extension with the Nets this past summer.

I'm not saying Kyrie is leaving the nets but I do think once he gets this final max and plays it out we won't see Kyrie until his hall of fame speech. Homie is just different and want's explore the mind instead of the physical grind of basketball every day and that's fine

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I'm paraphrasing but it said: Kyrie Irving was not interested in signing a long term extension with the Nets this past summer.

I'm not saying Kyrie is leaving the nets but I do think once he gets this final max and plays it out we won't see Kyrie until his hall of fame speech. Homie is just different and want's explore the mind instead of the physical grind of basketball every day and that's fine
Kyrie probably would do a 1+1 and retire

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

What sucks about the situation is that Brooklyn would be better off letting him walk, but wouldn’t have the cap space to replace him with someone else. He’s become too much of a distraction at this point and doing a disservice not only to himself, but his friend in the process.

That’s the point that people keep overlooking in defending Kyrie.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Kyrie probably would do a 1+1 and retire

If he doesn’t want to be there, then he should just go home and quit with all the distraction. Dude is becoming one of those weirdo, debbie downers that people want no part of as they don’t want to deal with his bullshyt.

Last edited: