Bushed
Daps
How the hell is this going to work out? Kravens never been popular on his own

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Kraven the Hunter' Movie to Include Spider-Man, Draw Inspiration From "Last Hunt"

News broke earlier this summer that Kraven the Hunter would be getting his own film in Sony's universe of Spider-Man spinoffs, with The Equalizer writer Richard Wenk attached to pen the script. The writer recently confirmed initial details about the film, which includes a direct encounter with Spider-Man as well as influences from the seminal storyline "Kraven's Last Hunt."

"I'm just starting it. It's an interesting world. A great character," Wenk shared with DiscussingFilm. "It's going to adhere very closely to the lore of Kraven the Hunter. And he is going to come face to face with Spider-Man. I'm just beginning it, beginning the process, and because it's a big IP, Marvel world, there's lots of hurdles to overcome before you can start writing, to crack the right story and to get the right tone. It's a new world for me. But what's nice about it is it's a very grounded character, he doesn't have a lot of crazy superpowers and things like that so he's more grounded and that fits what I like to do. That's as much as I know."

It might seem like a given that Kraven would combat Spider-Man in his solo film, though this past weekend's release of Venom showed audiences that a film focusing on a Spider-Man villain doesn't necessarily require the Wall-Crawler himself to show up.

Wenk went on to detail that, as he's in the beginning stages of developing the film, he's looking to all corners of Kraven's history to find the right story to tell.

"You have to look at everything just to soak it in," the writer noted. "I think that what we're all circling is 'Kraven's Last Hunt' and whether this is the precursor to that movie or will include it. We're talking about those things. And even the idea that maybe Kraven could be like Kill Bill where we're basically writing two movies."

The storyline of that arc features Kraven setting his sights on Spider-Man to prove he is superior to the hero, ultimately neutralizing him and stealing his costume to impersonate the hero on the streets of New York City. Peter Parker eventually comes to, weeks later, and Kraven hands the costume over, taking pride in having beaten Parker. The arc ends with Kraven killing himself so, with this being the character's first appearance in a live-action film, the film likely won't follow the storyline exactly.

"It's all in the mix, everybody is excited about it because everybody wants to make the right movie and the classic movie and nobody's rushing to churn out some character movie because it's part of that world," Wenk admitted. "It's nice to see everybody hunker down and say, 'What is the right movie to tell?' It's an origin story, obviously, so it'll be the first time people will see Kraven, and not the last, but it will be the first one. You just throw everything up on the wall and see the right movie to tell."

The producers of Venom have already admitted that their next spinoff will be Morbius, shooting as early as February, so we shouldn't expect Kraven to come together until the middle of next year at the earliest.
The Last Hunt without Spider-Man is like doing Knightfall without Batman :heh:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
let’s come back to this discussion after venom BOMBS.
Lurk.gif

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean Spider-Man is dope, don’t get me wrong....... but he’s now like 5-10% of the Marvel universe.

The door just opens up for SOOOOOOO MANY OTHER characters now.

I want another Ghost Rider, I want a Blade, and I want to see cameos by some of the other lesser known characters that’s been introduced in the last decade.

Like people are really sleeping on how in 10 years Marvel has brought close to 100 characters to the world via Movies, Netflix, and TV

The had 65 alone in Avengers:whew:

Martha
Ghost Rider was great in Agents Of Shield

Nikkas sleep:wow:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This thread is hilarious! Sony ain't right, but at some point Disney is just going to have to cut the check to get it's properties back. Sony is doing irreparable harm to Spidermans villains and superhero flix generally. Disney has to stop them!:damn:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
I thought venom was good. If they do a kraven movie it needs to lead to last hunt. But they prolly use venom. But who knows.it does need spiderman. But i coulr maybe see it

Kraven movie - huntingsome spiderman esque villain. A lizard. Jackal. Idk. Something. He is a famous sport hunter no? Have him do some shyt to make him famous
And then
Kraven/spiderman last hunt film.

Silmultaneously have your venom vs carnage movie between the two. Leading to maximum carnage film after kraven/spiderman.

Only way sony can win is if they out marvel marvel with the classic storytelling. And they aint giving up the rights. I dont see it. Best to just work with marvel and leave things open.

Last edited:

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Sony only let marvel use spiderman but they can only use certain villains. And lol @ Peter possibly appearing in this but not venom