KOD is among the most important albums of this generation

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Since the album came out more than a few nikkas have "viced" themselves to death, whether that be drugs or clout, so it doesn't look like any of the messages of the album is sticking with any of its intended audience.

I know importance and impact are two different things, but how important can something be if it had such little impact?
This is one of those things where impact is overrated because did we REALLY think these young cats would listen to this as advice?

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
It was an excellent album, one of the best of 2018. Window Pain is a top 5 Cole track. I think Cole was putting a lot of the young generation on game without sounding too preachy. I still feel that if your message can effect one soul it’s mission accomplished. The album is aging quite well and Brackets to 1985 might be the best run of tracks on a Cole album.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Kendrick's album was better :manny:
section.80 did it better :manny:
I thought this was Cole's attempt at a Kendrick-style project. That's not an insult, but I feel like Cole definitely was influenced by DAMN when he made this.

It's been a while since I've heard it, but I enjoyed it when it came out and I thought it was a return to form for Cole after 4 Your Eyez Only.
You spelled DAMN incorrectly....

K.Dot did it all with better tracks.

Why are yall mentioning Kendrick when he has no album even covering or addressing the things @Groovy Tony laid out that KOD clearly addresses and is about:what:

TPAB, 80, nor TPAB cover the aspect of society and culture that KOD does. Yall just mentioning Kendrick just to mention him and spite Cole:comeon:

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Why are yall mentioning Kendrick when he has no album even covering or addressing the things @Groovy Tony laid out that KOD clearly addresses and is about:what:

TPAB, 80, nor TPAB cover the aspect of society and culture that KOD does. Yall just mentioning Kendrick just to mention him and spite Cole:comeon:

Section.80 doesn't address society and culture at all breh? :usure:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Section.80 doesn't address society and culture at all breh? :usure:
not the same as what KOD is about which is clearly commentary on the drug influenced rappers in rap and mumble rappers. Kendrick doesnt have that with 80 or even at all in his catalog besides prolly some few lines you can pick out of him talking his shyt.
but they are not the same. None of Kendrick's albums are like KOD. Even if you want to insert TPAB in this, TPAB is more so a introspective album about himself whereas KOD isnt and is externally influenced. although does have some introspective elements to it

your reaching if you say the same, the execution, the subjects, themes, and concepts and the angles they take on what they are talking about are completely different.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

um, we listen to the same album? section 80 covers drug addiction, sex, and many of the other vices that plagues a generation of kids born in the 80's

let's be reminded of one of the best tracks on 80...
Man, I swear my nikka trippin off that shyt again
Pick him up, then I set him in
Cold water, then I order someone to bring him Vicodin
Hope to take the pain away
From the feeling that he feel today
You know when you part of section 80
And you feeling like no one can relate
'Cause you are, you are
A loner, loner
Marijuana, endorphins make you stronger, stronger
I'm in the house party trippin' off
My generation sippin' cough syrup like its water