Kobe Was Ridiculous

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Weak argument when we all know rings aren't all created equal. If they were we'd rank Pippen and Havlicek and many others higher, not to mention Kobe. But we don't because most basketball heads understand just as important as the total ring count, is how many of those rings were you the team's best player...

We not gonna sit up here and pretend we don't recognize that being the best player on championship teams is what separates the true GOATs from the Pippens and Havliceks and Wades, etc...

Of all those guys with greater scoring production in The Finals, how many rings did these guys win as a #1?

(6) Mike
(5) Mikan
(4) LeBron
(3) Shaq, Kareem
(2) Durant, Hakeem, Steph,  Kobe
(1) Pettit, Havlicek

Even by that standard Kobe wouldn't be considered a Top 5 scorer; what is the differentiator between Kobe and all the other guys who won 2 as a #1: Durant, Hakeem, or Steph?
Kobe was 1b to Shaq’s 1a as opposed to Pippen who was Mike’s sidekick

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
"Passive aggressive". Okay 🤣 you another one of these dudes who need to log off...

You singled out LeBron when LeBron ain't the only guy with stronger Finals production. Why is Kobe trailing so many other guys not named LeBron?

GOOD JOB IGNORING MY MAIN POINT BOUT LEBRON BEIN SWEPT IN THE FIRST ROUND HAD HE BEEN OUT WEST

:mjlol:

TO YOUR SECOND CLAIM .. THATS BECAUSE KOBE WAS THE ONLY PLAYER WHO WON A CHIP WIT A PLAYER LIKE PAU AS HIS SECOND FIDDLE.. SO IMAGINE HOW MUCH HE HAD TO SACRIFICE IN ORDER TO ELEVATE A SQUAD LIKE THAT

DURING THE 3PEAT ERA, KOBE ELEVATED HIS GAME IN THE PLAYOFFS .. WHY? .. BECAUSE SHAQ WAS HIS CO-STAR

SIMPLE SCIENCE

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kobe was 1b to Shaq’s 1a as opposed to Pippen who was Mike’s sidekick

1991 Finals:

Jordan 31-7-11
Pippen 21-9-7

1992 Finals:

Jordan 36-5-7
Pippen 21-8-8

1993 Finals:

Jordan 41-8-6
Pippen 21-9-8

2000 Finals:

Shaq 38-17-2
Kobe 16-5-4

2001 Finals

Shaq 33-16-5
Kobe 25-8-6

2002 Finals

Shaq 36-12-4
Kobe 27-6-5

Pippen averaged 21-9-8 in his first three Finals with premier, game-impacting defense to MJ's 36-6-8
Kobe averaged 23-6-5 in his first three Finals with inconsistent defense to Shaq's 36-15-4

Plus:

* MJ left the Bulls with the Bulls getting nothing in return, and Pippen still won 55 games and was a shot away from leading them to the ECF and likely the Finals.

* Shaq left the Lakers with them getting Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant in return, and the Lakers won just 34 games and missed the playoffs.

Anyone trying to claim there was some huge qualitative difference between Pippen as a #2 and Kobe as a #2 is looking through stan-tinted glasses.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
1991 Finals:

Jordan 31-7-11
Pippen 21-9-7

1992 Finals:

Jordan 36-5-7
Pippen 21-8-8

1993 Finals:

Jordan 41-8-6
Pippen 21-9-8

2000 Finals:

Shaq 38-17-2
Kobe 16-5-4

2001 Finals

Shaq 33-16-5
Kobe 25-8-6

2002 Finals

Shaq 36-12-4
Kobe 27-6-5

Pippen averaged 21-9-8 in his first three Finals with premier, game-impacting defense to MJ's 36-6-8
Kobe averaged 23-6-5 in his first three Finals with inconsistent defense to Shaq's 36-15-4

Plus:

* MJ left the Bulls with the Bulls getting nothing in return, and Pippen still won 55 games and was a shot away from leading them to the ECF and likely the Finals.

* Shaq left the Lakers with them getting Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant in return, and the Lakers won just 34 games and missed the playoffs.

Anyone trying to claim there was some huge qualitative difference between Pippen as a #2 and Kobe as a #2 is looking through stan-tinted glasses.

MORE DISINGENUOUS NONSENSE FROM THE FORUM FRAUD.. USING FINALS NUMBERS WHEN THE REAL COMPETITION WAS IN THE WEST, WHERE KOBE MANY TIMES HAD EVEN BETTER NUMBERS THAN SHAQ AGAINST TRUE CONTENDERS

CLOWN SHIIT AT ITS FINEST

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
MORE DISINGENUOUS NONSENSE FROM THE FORUM FRAUD.. USING FINALS NUMBERS WHEN THE REAL COMPETITION WAS IN THE WEST, WHERE KOBE MANY TIMES HAD EVEN BETTER NUMBERS THAN SHAQ AGAINST TRUE CONTENDERS

he's never gonna stop the bullshyt :dead:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
1991 Finals:

Jordan 31-7-11
Pippen 21-9-7

1992 Finals:

Jordan 36-5-7
Pippen 21-8-8

1993 Finals:

Jordan 41-8-6
Pippen 21-9-8

2000 Finals:

Shaq 38-17-2
Kobe 16-5-4

2001 Finals

Shaq 33-16-5
Kobe 25-8-6

2002 Finals

Shaq 36-12-4
Kobe 27-6-5

Plus:

So Pippen won 55 in 1994 but what happened in 1995 before MJ came back and got them in the playoffs with 17 games left? Kobe and Shaq were a duo, both were #1 alphas

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So Pippen won 55 in 1994 but what happened in 1995 before MJ came back and got them in the playoffs with 17 games left?

Horace Grant left as a free agent. You expect the team to lose their #1 AND #3 with zero compensation and not have an impact?

Of course, even without MJ or Grant, Pippen still had them with a winning record at 34-31.

And even with MJ back, the loss of Grant killed them in the ECSF when Grant took them apart to the tune of 18 and 11 on 65% shooting because they had no rebounding and defense in their bigs. That's why they went out and got All-NBA Rodman despite the warning signs, cause they knew they weren't winning without someone who could play elite defense on bigs and give them a second rebounder besides Pippen.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
A thread about a deceased legend and his best clutch moments turned into this

:francis:

kobe-leave-early-kobe-embarass.gif

I know right !! Thread is negative af
I thought this thread was celebrating Kobe's plays, not sh1tting on him just to prop up LeBron

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

OL FAKE ASS “TRUST ME, I HAD A FRIEND WHO WAS ON THE 1993 BULLS!” LOOKIN MUFUCCA

DUDES THE DEFINITION OF A BUSTER AND EVERY TIME I SEE “POSTER OF THE YEAR” UNDER HIS NAME I FEEL SO HONORED TO BE THE OPPOSITE ON THIS INCEL INFESTED FORUM

HES TRULY A GREAT REMINDER OF THE TYPA CATS MOST THE INTERNET CONSISTS OF

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I know right !! Thread is negative af
I thought this thread was celebrating Kobe's plays, not sh1tting on him just to prop up LeBron

Literally the fourth response in the thread was a Kobestan bringing Bron into the thread and shytting on him for no reason. I didn't come in until pages after Bron was being discussed. Most Bron stans (including me) won't bother the threads of you don't make them about him.

I'm not going to stop talking basketball. I'm never going to become some pathetic stalker who doesn't even talk bball anymore but just shyts on other posters.

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Literally the fourth response in the thread was a Kobestan bringing Bron into the thread and shytting on him for no reason. I didn't come in until pages after Bron was being discussed. Most Bron stans (including me) won't bother the threads of you don't make them about him.

I'm not going to stop talking basketball. I'm never going to become some pathetic stalker who didn't even talk bball anymore but just shyts on other posters.

MORE DISINGENUOUS BRON SLURPIN NONSENSE

THE FIRST FEW REPLIES ON HERE WERE BRON GROUPIES SHIITIN ON KOBE.. BRON BEIN MENTIONED WAS IN RETALIATION

DOES IT PAY TO BE FAKE? WHAT DO U GET OUT OF IT??

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Lol, this is pure cap. If you have to lie to make your case, it's probably a bad case.

2000: Even if the WCF was the "real Finals", Shaq clearly had better #'s than Kobe in that series too.

2001: The Finals was by far the toughest series for LA, the only one where they lost a game and with consistently close games. WCF was an easy sweep with multiple blowouts cause Duncan had a terrible roster that year with Antonio Daniels (career benchwarmer) as his #2.

2002: Even if WCF was the "real Finals", Shaq had clearly better #'s than Kobe in that series too.

There wasn't a single year in the threepeat where Kobe had better numbers against the "real contender". Shaq was better in the Finals every year, better overall in the postseason every year, and better in the toughest series every year.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
MORE DISINGENUOUS BRON SLURPIN NONSENSE

THE FIRST FEW REPLIES ON HERE WERE BRON GROUPIES SHIITIN ON KOBE.. BRON BEIN MENTIONED WAS IN RETALIATION

DOES IT PAY TO BE FAKE? WHAT DO U GET OUT OF IT??

Bullshyt, caught you lying again. Neither of those posters who shyt on Kobe there is a "Bron groupie", nor did they mention Bron. You can't be so insecure that you see Bron's face every time someone didn't like Kobe.

@stepbackj34spud is a Celtics fan who shyts on Bron all the time. @Box Factory is a Canadian Raptors fan who rarely talks about Bron but just doesn't like Kobe.

Lol LeBron is so beta
Lebron gets eliminated tonight we dance in the streets
In no world would I take LeBron over MJ.
I’m not watching a LeBron movie.
Yet LeBron has less chips :mjlol:
fukk LeBron!!!!!

That's just from the first search page. Imagine being so disingenuous that you have to call that person a Bron groupie to try to deceive people.

Why not shyt on Pierce in retaliation? Why not shyt on MJ in retaliation? Nah, we all see where the insecurity lies.

Last edited: