Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
I posted this earlier in this thread

If you love basketball and are over 30 and under 40 kobe has been in your life longer than you have walked this earth. I'm turning 35 this year, I started watching basketball religiously at the age of 10 in 1995, kobe bryant has been apart of my life every october to april/may/june for 20 years. I don't even talk to people I went to middle school/hs/college with , exes etc. but i'd say the past 20 years of my life besides family , sports/sohh/coli has been the only consistent. Just like I never met charmander personally but I still mourned when he passed the same for Kobe
shyt for me and my age group under 30 he was a big part of my childhood. Most of us in our twenties first memory’s of basketball is with number 8 fro Kobe

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
What makes me the most angry is that Kobe is being robbed of enjoying the fruits of the labor he put in. Everyone keep talking about how he was the hardest working guy in the league. For 20 years in the NBA, and probably 5-7 years before that as a teen he put in crazy work at his craft, in the gym film room, etc. Literally tore apart his body ligaments to be the best he could be.

Now he was just at the stage of his life where he could just relax and enjoy the results of all that. Get to enjoy your family, the money, the fame. Hall of Fame, statue unveilings, people cheering everytime you walk into a room. You get to stay up all night watching TV cause you don't gotta play in a game the next day. Just random shyt most of us take for granted, and he was just starting to live that kind of life for probably the first time ever.

And it just gets taken from him. shyt ain't fukkin fair.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What makes me the most angry is that Kobe is being robbed of enjoying the fruits of the labor he put in. Everyone keep talking about how he was the hardest working guy in the league. For 20 years in the NBA, and probably 5-7 years before that as a teen he put in crazy work at his craft, in the gym film room, etc. Literally tore apart his body ligaments to be the best he could be.

Now he was just at the stage of his life where he could just relax and enjoy the results of all that. Get to enjoy your family, the money, the fame. Hall of Fame, statue unveilings, people cheering everytime you walk into a room. You get to stay up all night watching TV cause you don't gotta play in a game the next day. Just random shyt most of us take for granted, and he was just starting to live that kind of life for probably the first time ever.

And it just gets taken from him. shyt ain't fukkin fair.

While we are upset about Kobe, a lot of people were robbed. I'm reading more and watching videos about the flight and it angers me because this could have been avoided. This is going to be revealed as pilot error for a variety of reasons.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
thats a different kind of greatness to be confident enough in your own greatness to give someone that idolizes you the kinda respect it takes to be able to ask THEM for advice.
Kobe is one of the reason I nondiscriminatly ask so many questions. So many interviews he's talked about picking the brains of individuals from different walks of life for the sole purpose of self improvement. He truly knew what it took to be great.

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Well they may have been nervous and anxious but I doubt any of them at any point thought they were going to die :to:
Like Sccit said it was probably all over in a second
How many times you heard the phrase "I thought I was gonna die." I be thinking I'm gonna die on a scary roller coaster and shyt. The copter was going down very fast they said and had an extreme impact. I'm sure death was going through at least some of their minds in that last minute of decent.