Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wonder how Z-Bo and his family are doing, he said on the Knuckleheads podcast that his daughter & Gigi were teammates on Kobe's team.

But on another note, as much as I try to occupy my mind on other things, I can't get this situation out of my mind. I think I took Kobe for granted, for the lack of a better phrase. And by that I mean I just assumed he'd be around for another 30-40 years sitting courtside at games, at All-Star Weekend, the HOF ceremonies, etc. just like Russell, Oscar, Kareem, etc.. With the exception of Pistol Pete, this isn't really something that's common in basketball. Even those like Wilt & Moses who passed they at least lived to their 60s. And hearing all these stories from so many players about how they kept in contact with him, this is such a major blow.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
DUDE LEAVE THIS BULLshyt
OUT OF THIS THREAD
AND KEEP IT WHERE EVER YOU SAW IT.

IM ABOUT TO BAN ANYONE
POSTING SOME DUMB shyt FROM SOCIAL MEDIA.
:devil:
:evil:

I didn’t post anything, I shared some dumb shyt of what i seen like other nikkas did:gucci:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

You told me to use my bright basketball mind on some form of coaching...
1f3c0.png
1f4af.png
..stop wasting it being an idiot on social media. Today I'm starting my coaching career.”

kobe :wow:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
One thing starting to bug me is these people trying to compete with the other families.

it was an all around tragedy... we all have acknowledged that. Those 2 other girls were GiGi’s friends and teammates. We feel sad about them as well...

But it’s almost to the point that some “others” are upset because Kobe and his daughter are receiving more attention... especially Kobe.

im like well the reason why is because Kobe has been the center of attention for over 20 years... people have grown up emulating him, hating him, wanting to be him, etc. he has an emotional attachment to millions of people. His family has an emotional attachment to millions people.

nobody is trying to forget about the other families or compete. We know who Kobe and his kid were, we really don’t know the other people so all we can do is pay respects but don’t expect the same coverage

This world in general is sick. From people trying to make a pissing contest out of this shyt to the vermin scum that try to bring up the fake rape charge and want to tear Kobe down. I’ve truly grown to have a strong contempt for a lot of people in this society.

Ignore all that shyt.....those casuals and cacs dont know shyt.....this is the time for all basketball fans to lean on each other and block out the noise. All that matters is our memories, the players who looked up to him, and how we all gonna honor him going forward.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Ignore all that shyt.....those casuals and cacs dont know shyt.....this is the time for all basketball fans to lean on each other and block out the noise. All that matters is our memories, the players who looked up to him, and how we all gonna honor him going forward.
Yeah i just logged off before i lost my cool...

its still surreal but getting better.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I always say how my wife has the most insane work ethic I ever saw. She just texted me talking about her time at the therapist yesterday and Kobe was brought up:

“Was talking to the therapist and she questioned where I allow fun in my life”

“That I'm super focused, super disciplined but where do I allow joy”

Super focused people have a tough time experiencing joy. They can’t see it on front of them.

When teammates talk about Kobe, he was there but not there. Dude was all about his game. Yet, the first time I saw Kobe routinely show true joy was post his career with his daughter. I’m glad he got to live what joy is about.

I don’t care what anyone says...for super focused and over driven people like Kobe, it comes at the cost of their joy. Kobe got a piece of it at the end. I’m happy for him in that regard. Michael Jackson, JB, even Jerry Rice...I don’t think they ever had true joy it’s so hard for them.