Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
My dad talks fondly of clemente

Told me about him growing up. Especially about his cannon arm

Tragic
I love Clemente man. The more I read about him :wow: He was one of those black latinos that got it:

When MLK was killed, they come and ask the black players if they should play. Clemente told the Pittsburgh-Gazette. “if you have to ask Us, then we do not have a great country.”
:mjcry:

Daps
Y’all brehs think that there’s life after death?

:mjcry:
I'm an atheist so God is only a concept to me
However, that doesn't mean I don't entertain the idea of an afterlife
All these stories about people having out of body experiences, astral protection, and near death experiences combined with ancient people's spiritual experiences and experiences with psychedelics(shrooms, dmt, etc.) tells me our consciousness may exist in a different reality after death and our brains/bodies are merely receptors for our consciousness
I really think that may be the case
So hopefully Kobe and Gigi are at peace somewhere in the afterlife
mjcry1.png

Daps
I understand the sentiment, but the fan discussions and debates about who’s the greatest isn’t gonna end.

That rivalries and shyt talking is a part of competitive sports. Of course we can all rejoice in appreciation upon the tragic death of an iconic figure such as Kobe and his child...

But by the time the playoffs come around, the Lakers are in the WCF, and LeBron passes up the crunch time shot for a wide open KCP 3 in the corner that bricks... we all know folks gonna be like “Kobe woulda never gave that shot to bum ass KCP there :hhh:

And that’s totally fine :russ:

Nah I think what breh is saying is that we take it too far. If we are gonna talk about folks it should be about ability not all of these personal attacks and whatnot

I'm guilty of this with Bron. All the lethot le this and that talk needs to stop. It's just a game and these brothers go out there and break their bodies down and put themselves through so much just to entertain us.

I'm done with the needless slander. I was an on and off Kobe fan over the years. I loved him when he first came in the NBA, but after Shaq left I didnt like him as much. I was happy when my pistons beat LA in 2004.

But in the last couple years of his career, I was so appreciative of Kobe and what he stood for. His drive and sheer will. How could you not respect it?

Dude was a killer on the court.

Someone on ESPN said Sunday that Kobe was our generations Jordan. I didn't think it was true for me since I'm old enough to have seen Jordan play. But when I think about it, I was really young then. I remember the big moments, fathers day game, stuff like that.

But I have actual years worth of memories of Kobe.

Brehs I broke down at my parents house Sunday watching the coverage.

I couldn't help it.

I had changed the channel to the Pelicans Celtics game cause I didnt want to see any more

But a few min later my dad turned the channel to ESPN2 and they were playing a Kobe speech and I started breaking down

Grabbed my stuff and headed out the door so my family wouldn't see me crying

It's so hard to believe this brother is gone. I remember when he first came into the league

I remember his 1st commercial

This has me messed up.